• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom has burned any good will they ever had away

I love:

(Super) Street Fighter IV (Arcade Edition (v.2012))
(Ultimate) Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition

--

DmC is a pretty good game.

On-disc DLC is no more egregious an offense than any DLC is, and you're daft if you think that it wouldn't have been developed, readied, and sold in the exact same time frame whether it was on the disc or on the servers.

I don't give a crap about Mega Man Legends 3. I don't like the Legends series at all.

--

I have nothing against Capcom. In fact, the vast majority of the games I've liked over this past gen have been Capcom games. Keep it up, guys.

The New AA game is pretty much the only thing i give a shit about from them anymore.

You used to be great Capcom, wtf happened.

I used to lump Konami and Capcom together as great game companies. Now both of them have seemingly gone down the tubes.

Konami is pretty much a Metal Gear and Castlevania company now, and the direction they've taken Castlevania in is pretty hit and miss. Capcom has sucked the fun out of the franchises I liked from them by either farming them out or trying to appeal to people who buy other types of games.

I don't know if they're beyond redemption, but I can wait and see.

LQX

Not with me. Love the Dead Rising series and Street Fighter/Marvel has my blessing. Cant wait to see how Strider turns out.

Gartooth

Ace Attorney 5 being possibly the last game in the west unless sales are above Capcoms expectations breaks my heart. Still plan to get that game, Ducktales, and Strider (if its not shit) but aside from that fuck Capcom. Cant believe the BoF6 shit I saw.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Capcom is trying their best to burn that bridge. Turns out those guys can put up with a lot of abuse.

Eh? The fighting game community doesn't have a lot of gripes with Capcom outside of Megaman not being in Marvel 3.

They spent like a billion dollars doing a swag worldwide tournament series last year and they're doing a smaller invitational event this year. All in all, Capcom's doing pretty well by the fighting game guys.

Gartooth

Eh? The fighting game community doesn't have a lot of gripes with Capcom outside of Megaman not being in Marvel 3.

They spent like a billion dollars doing a swag worldwide tournament series last year and they're doing a smaller invitational event this year. All in all, Capcom's doing pretty well by the fighting game guys.

Lack of UMvC3 update and the whole SFxT debacle pissed some people off.

Grief.exe

This is what the Dragon's Dogma team is doing these days:

yCKpRnS.jpg

Oh god

I wonder how the japanese teams feel about being basically relegated to cellphone and the non-outsourced bits of Resident Evil games. I can picture them remembering the old days of working on Dino Crisis and Demon's Crest while making fucking card games.

I always wonder the same thing.

What if you are stuck working at these mega publishers?
Dumbing down and streamlining the games you once loved. Creating garbage mobile versions designed to steal your fans cash and effectively destroy the series. Listen as some suit, who has never played video games, tells you exactly what some 'focus group' wants the game to be like.

Would be maddening.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Lack of UMvC3 update and the whole SFxT debacle pissed some people off.

Yeah it pissed some people off, but it doesn't compare to a lot of other stuff they've done and they've done really awesome stuff for the community these past few years as well.

Grief.exe

the only things I want from them anymore is Ace Attorney and Monster Hunter... and where's my PC Dragon' s Dogma?

Inject that PC version into my veins.

Capcom does have a few test apps that are hidden on the Steam registry.

One is probably ducktales. I don't know what the other ones are. Holding out hope for DD.

jmdajr

I've enjoyed their games plenty this gen.

RE5, DmC, Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet, Bionic Commado/Bionic Comado XBLA, Asura's Wrath and absolutely SF4.

All good experiences. I'm sure Dragon Dogma is great as well.

I must also commend them for actually giving a fuck about PC.

zethren

Banned
Capcom has sucked for a while, as far as I'm concerned.

The only good will I have towards them are their DS games like Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick.

They can cheaply release and maintain a full-featured Steam version of some type of ultimate mega man x collection, foster a community, and keep it at a reasonable retail price for eternity having a sale from time to time. There's money to be made but they don't want to have anything to do with money. Money is flammable and therefore it is dangerous to have too much of it at one time.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Not really. At least not yet.

These games can turn out to be good or amazing. I will judge them when I see them in their finished capacity.

TDLink

The worst part about Capcom being shitty now is that they have the best stable of franchises after Nintendo and they are all either going to waste or being mistreated.

Roto13

Ace Attorney is the only thing I can think of that they're definitely releasing that I want to play.

There are certainly other games I'd buy if they released them, though. Like Mega Man 11 or a Ultra-style MvC3 expansion.

I have been done with Crapcom, DMC 4 360; then to make matters worse, it wasn't even fun tbh.

All of the terrible RE games.

Etc

BoF6 hahahaha that's fucking funny.

They fuck up alot but I have no right to hate on capcom. I've invested endless hours into sf4 and marvel.

Dr. Buni

I know Capcom is making some shitty decisions, but they still make good MonHun and Ace Attorney games and they also used to make awesome Mega Man and MvsC games in the past. Not to mention Viewtiful Joe, Captain Commando and other various good titles. I really can't hate them.

Also, if anything, canceling Mega Man Legends 3 was a good thing. If they can't make more classic Mega Man games, then just let the blue bomber die.

george_us

Eh I'm not done with them completely but outside of any fighting games and possibly a new Dragon's Dogma...yeah. What makes me want to write them off completely is that they honestly don't have the talent they once had. Inafune, Kamiya, Mikami, etc. are all long gone, which pretty much gives them Ono and the guy who directed DD who's name escapes me at the moment. And outside of the combat, I didn't like DD all that much.

Glass Rebel

Oh they're pretty terrible, no doubt. DmC, no Dragon's Dogma PC and BoF6 were/are kicks in the balls. The handling of quite many of their franchises like Mega Man has been abysmal.

But they still make quite a few cery enjoyable games such as Ace Attorney and Monster Hunter. And while I might be in the minority, I'm having a lot of fun with Resident Evil 6.

Danneee

They made MvsC3 for Vita and released all the NES Mega Man games on 3DS so they are a-ok in my book. Pretty much all gaming companies does a lot of stupid things, Capcom aren't exceptionally evil in any way.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I've seen this play out before on here, where Capcom does something and people scream, "I'M DONE! GOODBYE FOREVER CAPCOM." I can't really take that kind of grandstanding seriously, of course you'll be back when they release the next game you like. Human nature.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I love:

(Super) Street Fighter IV (Arcade Edition (v.2012))
(Ultimate) Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition

--

DmC is a pretty good game.

On-disc DLC is no more egregious an offense than any DLC is, and you're daft if you think that it wouldn't have been developed, readied, and sold in the exact same time frame whether it was on the disc or on the servers.

I don't give a crap about Mega Man Legends 3. I don't like the Legends series at all.

--

I have nothing against Capcom. In fact, the vast majority of the games I've liked over this past gen have been Capcom games. Keep it up, guys.

Please share more terrible opinions with us.

Shin

Banned
Did you like any of their games last generation? Which ones?

I don't remember the generation per say, but I did enjoy SF3, SF:A/Z, MvC2, CvSNK2, Onimusha, RE1-4 and the lot.
Perhaps I'm living off nostalgia, since I like 2D games more than 3D ones and they don't make em anymore like they used to.

Oh I did buy SF2 HD Remix for PS3 other than that I didn't bother.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Yeah, the whole DmC debacle was the nail in the coffin for me. I didn't really believe Capcom was batshit stupid until they did that. It just made no sense.

The only thing they have going for them right now is Dragons Dogma (which is awesome). And the game didn't sell very well...

I don't trust them with RE, I don't trust them with DMC, I don't trust them with anything anymore. I went from owning a crap load of Capcom titles last gen to owning two this gen (Dragons Dogma and RE:5). They done fucked it all up.

Once they go belly-up, and they will, I wont shed a god damn tear either. Fuck 'em.

kunonabi

The last two years or so for Capcom have been insanely shitty but things started to look better thanks to AA and MH. Dead Rising 3 might also be good but it's hard to say with the awful reveal and muddled messaging. The digital front isn't so bad either but than BoF6 happens and all that good will is gone. It really is shocking to me that I've reached a point where I actively dislike Square, Konami, Capcom, and Sega is essentially dead outside of Sonic.

The only games I'm buying from Capcom now are Street Fighter (which I'm disappointed because of all the updates) and any other MVC game they make in the future. Anything other then these 2 games I won't buy from them. They've destroyed a lot of my favorite franchises so I'm pretty disappointed.

BOF6 was just the final straw for me.

CO_Andy

Nope. Still love Capcom.

RE5, HD Remix, SF4, AA, MM9, and Bionic Commando Rearmed have been some of my favorites this gen.

the fighting game side still loves capcom

People who actually play sf4 wanted an update. USF4 is welcomed in the FGC.

The only thing that burned people in the FGC was the dlc fiasco for SFxT. Even ultimate marvel was fine.

Top Bottom