• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom registers Devil May Cry trademark

Zeppeli

Banned
They're were okay, I thought 4 was kinda hard though.

How's the story/characters/villains?

If you want to find out who has the bigger dick between brothers, how many FUCK YOU you can fit into one game, and
kill a fucking baby
, the story, characters, and villains are fine.

AKA, don't play DmC unless you're going in for the gameplay.

Korigama

They're were okay, I thought 4 was kinda hard though.
No real challenge in DmC, so you should have no problems.
How's the story/characters/villains?
Terrible.
Platinum Games still exist. Why bother caring about any character action game coming out of Capcom
As much as I loved MGR, it doesn't make up for the lack of a Devil May Cry worth playing after DMC4 (unless you count UMvC3).

RPGCrazied

If you want to find out who has the bigger dick between brothers, how many FUCK YOU you can fit into one game, and
kill a fucking baby
, the story, characters, and villains are fine.

AKA, don't play DmC unless you're going in for the gameplay.

No real challenge in DmC, so you should have no problems.

Terrible.

Haha, okay. I think I'll get it. I just like a good action game. Don't think its going to get much cheaper. I wanted to play it back then, but didn't want to spend $60 - $30 on it.

I'm gambling on DmC 2. They've built brand awareness with the reboot, and it'd be smart to capitalize on it. Even better, why not DmC vs Devil May Cry? Open up some sort of transdimensional portal, get them Dantes fighting each other.

Korigama

Because DMC4 was pretty damn great, & DmC was also no slouch (as controversial as it was).
DmC isn't even close to being on the same level as Platinum's output. It's middle-of-the-road at best.
I'm gambling on DmC 2. They've built brand awareness with the reboot, and it'd be smart to capitalize on it. Even better, why not DmC vs Devil May Cry? Open up some sort of transdimensional portal, get them Dantes fighting each other.
The only thing they built with DmC was contempt, and at worst, apathy.

Definitive edition of DmC would be kinda dumb..I don't see any reason to buy it, just get the pc version when its on sale for 10 dollars, hell my shitty laptop can still get 70fps on high settings.

I-hate-u

Am I the only one who vastly enjoyed the combat in DMC3/4 than Bayonetta/MGR? I don't know why some of you guys are heralding Platinum to such an untouchable degree. Story and setting were much better in the DMC games as well.

Neoxon

DmC isn't even close to being on the same level as Platinum's output. It's middle-of-the-road at best.
I'm saying that DmC wasn't a bad game, but DMC4 is definitely the superior game of the two. And it helps that the devs of said game are still at Capcom.

Please be DMC5. I just played some DMC4 the other night and the combat system is still unmatched by any other action game (including Bayonetta). I want another iteration on that, not a downgrade like DmC.

GooeyHeat

Well, it doesn't say DmC, so that's a step up.
I hope that, whatever other plans they have for this series, they put out a Devil May Cry 3 SE Ultimate HD Edition.

Because that old PC port is even more booty sweat than the old Resident Evil 4 port.

Korigama

I'm saying that DmC wasn't a bad game, but DMC4 is definitely the superior game of the two. And it helps that the devs of said game are still at Capcom.
It does help, yes. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd rather make another Dragon's Dogma instead.

Silky

Banned
Platinum Games still exist. Why bother caring about any character action game coming out of Capcom

tumblr_n0slevmpP01r7k51co1_1280.jpg

I like the cuhrayzee chart

Are we ranking DMCs again?

3 > 1 > 4/DmC >2. That's the natural law. The slash is for people to switch as they feel.

DVCY201

Definitive edition of DmC would be kinda dumb..I don't see any reason to buy it, just get the pc version when its on sale for 10 dollars, hell my shitty laptop can still get 70fps on high settings.

Tell that to all the people who bought Tomb Raider? I can see it now! The feel of 60fps with 60fps, and TressFx. Sold.
lol

If Capcom was focused, willing, and had a plan they could probably come up with a better DMC5 than even Platinum could.

The issue is whether Dragon's Dogma Capcom shows up or Resident Evil 6 Cacpcom shows up

Riposte

If Capcom was focused, willing, and had a plan they could probably come up with a better DMC5 than even Platinum could.

The issue is whether Dragon's Dogma Capcom shows up or Resident Evil 6 Cacpcom shows up

Is that a trick question? Dragon's Dogma Capcom is Devil May Cry Capcom, but Resident Evil 6 Capcom made the better game.

Silky

Banned

I dunno....RE6's gameplay was pretty damn top notch.

This doesnt' work when discussing a series focused on gameplay, and boy does Resident Evil 6 has some god damn good gameplay

120v

i don't follow the series too closely these days. but wasn't DmC essentially DMC5? i was under the impression the series was rebooted

Korigama

i don't follow the series too closely these days. but wasn't DmC essentially DMC5? i was under the impression the series was rebooted
No. The original series and DmC are two completely different, unrelated continuities (not that Capcom originally planned them to be, but the backlash caused them to backpedal until they finally clarified that).

It very may possibly have been if it had done well, but after the backlash and poor sales, whatever tripe capcom pushes out, it will look alot different than the reboot.

Top Bottom