• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Resident Evil 6 Will Be Totally Different

MMaRsu said:
Again? Where we really sick of RE4 perfection style RE games?

Because I sure wasn't!

Fucking this.

I don't need moving and shooting like alot of people do. The stoping and shooting makes things more tense.

jvalioli

DragonKnight said:
I can't remember the name of the guy who directed RE4. Where is he at? Is he the one with Platinum Games?
Shinji Mikami? He was but now he has his own studio I believe. Forgot the name.

Walk slowly and aim?

In all serious though, this might be a good thing. Dead Space has pretty much taken over the horror survival genre. RE5 was an action game, not survival.

Sega

They said over 2 years ago here that RE6 could take up to 8 years to make, "but hopefully only 4". I wonder if it really will be 2013, minimum.

YuriLowell said:
Fucking this.

I don't need moving and shooting like alot of people do. The stoping and shooting makes things more tense.

There's no need to gimp the controls just to accomodate tension. RE4/5 already had some gunsway, just massively increase it when moving, lowering accuracy. It's the difference between encouraging a playstyle and forcing it.

Yazus said:
Make it like Dead Space. Creepy, intense but with action.
I could get behind this even though I know it's not the most popular opinion.

I'd like it to keep the over the shoulder camera, improve the controls a bit but return to either Resident Evil 4 style semi-horror or all the way back to Resident Evil 1 horror.

TL4E

Sega said:
They said over 2 years ago here that RE6 could take up to 8 years to make, "but hopefully only 4". 2013?
I would have gladly waited 8 years for RE5 if that meant it would approach the quality of Re4.

Cwarrior

Ideal world
Shinji mikami will descend from the heavens to bring us an Re game that not even are wildest dreams could imagine, all running on the stunning frame work engine.

Realty
Reboot outsource to another terrible dev team and running on ue3.

TheUsual

Gold Member
jump_button said:
never going to top RE4
After playing RE5, I hope they do something else. Played RE5 for 2 hours and got bored. I hated the inventory system and didn't want to play co-op.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
jump_button said:
never going to top RE4

RE4 does seem like lightning in a bottle.

I think they'd do better returning to a slower more horror focussed game, I'm quite hopeful for Revelations on the 3DS.

As for another RE4 style reinvention, I'm not sure they have anyone there now with that level of imagination. RE5 was sorely lacking in that.

TUROK

Does that mean it might be good this time?

I don't care if the new RE is a train simulator, just make it fun to play, like RE4.

TUROK said:
Does that mean it might be good this time?

I don't care if the new RE is a train simulator, just make it fun to play, like RE4.

A train sim where you can set up engines to go even faster when the brake is engaged? :lol

SleazyC

At this point I feel like they've made the universe so ridiculous that the only way we'll get a good game is a complete reboot. Would love to see the series go back to around RE2 and take off from there again.

Gattsu25 said:
While 5 wasn't as good as 4, I still enjoyed it a ton. Could do without the swamp area, next time.

I thought the swamp was great, certainly not something you see everyday. It's when it got to the standard labs and industrial military complexes that it started to lose me. Seriously cargo ships need to go on a list, along with sewers and warehouses, of locations that should be permanently banned from games.

Degen

different like "slightly different setting & scare factor" different or different like "dino crisis 3" different

The series has long suffered from identity crisis and bad controls. Forcing everything to be rebooted implies a distasteful morale within the dev studio. We know it's needed it for a while, but for the studio to acknowledge it and scrap its ideas is a bit depressing.

beje

Banned
TacticalFox88 said:
If it's not a horror game, then how the hell can you call it Resident Evil?

Because you have some guys that... uhm... have guns and... oh well, I think you know what I mean.

Seanspeed

Banned
Completely different to what, exactly? To all their previous games? Just to RE5?

Are we looking at Resident Evil: Snowboarding Adventures?

sleepykyo

Just set RE6 in the forests of Canada. Claim that a Canadian pharmecutical (sp) company reverse engineered the T-virus. And that has resulted in outbreaks that are reported to the BSAA. This will basically allow they to bring back the trappings of RE1 (lost in wilderness, T-virus).

Except that given the desire they to make RE6, more action orientated, they can try to make a what was passive cutscene (running away from the dogs into the mansion) into actual gameplay. Basically Dawn of the Dead remake.

ezekial45

Banned
Yeha, i'm agree with people on rebooting the series. I mean really, where do you go after killing a mutated Wesker in a volcano? It's gotten too out of control. I'd be in favor of a brand new story line with new characters and everything.

It can still be within the same world, but i think Umbrella and all the other characters need to go. They can stay in the spin offs.

Top Bottom