• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Resident Evil 7 has made back its development budget, talks sales

galvenize

This argument of first vs Third person RE reminds me of the turn based vs more action oriented Final fantasy debate. Each with a dedicated set of fans.

Two things:

1) I'm not the only one relieved by a company aiming for a longer tail with a quality product over a sales spike at the beginning after a marketing/media blitz, right?

2) Do we think Revelations will be the action based Resident Evil series from now on?

Zukkoyaki

Two things:

1) I'm not the only one relieved by a company aiming for a longer tail with a quality product over a sales spike at the beginning after a marketing/media blitz, right?

2) Do we think Revelations will be the action based Resident Evil series from now on?
Regarding your first point, that's starting to look like a modest trend industry wide with games like Watch Dogs 2, Ratchet & Clank and Doom thriving on strong word of mouth.

Second point, I'm not sure Revelations will continue. I think they may create a new sub-series that focuses on action.

Top Bottom