• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom teasing Dragon's Dogma? [Update: Teaser Pictures/Screenshots]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wings/cape shapes?
Darkstalkers D?

2aRR0.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If it's Breath of Fire, it'll obviously be on 3DS or PSP.

Otherwise, I'm not getting my hopes up.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
If it's BoF, I call offical thread before release in NA! Yes, years in advance. But my yearning earned it. And I did a BoF series once a million decades ago.

JoeFenix

Looks like a rathian with its head down and the tail part is above his torso/head.

Could be a cool spin-off but I really doubt it's a BoF game...

TreIII

ULTROS! said:
If it's Breath of Fire, it'll obviously be on 3DS or PSP.

Otherwise, I'm not getting my hopes up.

I dunno. There may yet be some type of merit of making a PS360 type of deal. At least, if they're serious about trying to make a game that can have some worldwide appeal.

Man, shit if it's a new BoF, I'd shit my pants. BoF 3 is still one of my favorite games, still looking for a way to play it again. BoF 4 was good too. Wouldn't mind seeing a BoF 5 on 3DS.

No. If it's a new Breath of Fire, it'll be for cellphones!

Tha FUTURE!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Aw come on! For those of you wishing it's going to be a new Breath of Fire, BE REALISTIC! Japanese RPGs are not really the hot item in this current gen, so it's doubtful Capcom... especially current Capcom... is going to bother with Ryus and Ninas anymore.

Unless BOF is no longer an RPG anymore---which, in this case, it is not going to be BOF :(

GOD I am SO MAD because they neglected BOF :mad:

TheOGB said:
And he wouldn't mind seeing it on 3DS. :|

Hahah yeah my bad, I meant 6, I just never considered BoF:DQ as number 5 even though it technically is. I want them to go back to their to old style though. I still consider 1-4 some of the best RPGs in their time respectively. Man, their art style with 3D would look so damn good.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
With all the curves on the silhouette, the impression left is that the illustration or render behind it was done in a comical/whimsical artstyle.

My first guess wouldn't be a BoF. Well, at least not one similar to Dragon's Quarter.

duckroll

Serenade said:
My first guess wouldn't be a BoF. Well, at least not one similar to Dragon's Quarter.

There are five BoF games out there. Why would the next one have to be similar to the one which was the least like any other title in the series?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
duckroll said:
There are five BoF games out there. Why would the next one have to be similar to the one which was the least like any other title in the series?
I don't know.

what does your ice cream sunday avatar have to do with paz or that guy with the red and orange hair from that one anime with Star in its name?

exactly.

Solune

Instro said:
If this isnt BoF, Capcom is mad trolling.
It's not going to be Breath of Fire, because if they wanted to make a Breath of Fire VI they would've named it that.
Will be interesting if Kazuya Niinou will be DD though...
But I'm sure those hopes and dreams from the Last Ranker thread won't be carrying over.

duckroll

Solune said:
It's not going to be Breath of Fire, because if they wanted to make a Breath of Fire VI they would've named it that.

How do you know it isn't named that?

But I'm sure those hopes and dreams from the Last Ranker thread won't be carrying over.

What? Niinou is currently directing Black Rock Shooter, due to be released in August in Japan. Now that Imageepoch is a publisher as well, and Niinou is their biggest director, I don't think it's likely he will work on any game in the future which is not published by Imageepoch.

Instro

Solune said:

I'm not saying that it is BoF, I'm just saying that Capcom is trolling the BoF fanbase by teasing anything dragon related. Which is fine because Ill get some lulz at duckroll's expense haha.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Dungeons and Dragons collection on PSN with netplay

now whatever it actually is will be disappointing

Skilletor

Is there some history behind the name of Dragon Dogma?

I would LOVE another BoF, but if it's on psp I don't think capcom would localize it. :'(

Solune

duckroll said:
How do you know it isn't named that?
What? Niinou is currently directing Black Rock Shooter, due to be released in August in Japan. Now that Imageepoch is a publisher as well, and Niinou is their biggest director, I don't think it's likely he will work on any game in the future which is not published by Imageepoch.
It very well may be named Breath of Fire, but I don't really see the point to tease it as Dragon's Dogma and potentially get more hype by announcing it as BoF later.
I just threw out Niinou's name unknowingly but thought it would be appropriate since he worked with Yoshikawa and if there was any involvement at all it would indicate some sort of tie in or new entry for BoF... How much of Capcom's staff that worked on Dragon Quarter are still active @ Capcom anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom