• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Toad - Trasure Tracker: lots of new artworks

MrBadger

Wingo's design is growing on me. Fair to say he's the main villain until Bowser hijacks the plot?

I can see it. I was mostly pointing out the Spike and Charging Chuck artwork are I think the exact same as the 3D World artwork. I think everything else is new though...

I think Kamek has done PS shapes since Yoshi's Island.
Edit:

If we want to get really specific, it goes back to Super Mario World when Magikoopas debuted

photo.jpg

Vidpixel

It's amazing how such a strong art style can completely transform a game's presentation and bring it to a whole other level.

prateeko

This game has the potential to be one of the most charming games ever. Is there going to be a paucity of content? I'm just curious as to why it's retail is less than other titles (unless it's because it is a new 'franchise').

I really didn't think this would gain as much traction as it has. Did Captain Toad actually catch on? Seems like one of those games that would be an amazing piece but no one would care. Guess we can have nice things from time to time.

@MUWANdo

Banned
This game has the potential to be one of the most charming games ever. Is there going to be a paucity of content? I'm just curious as to why it's retail is less than other titles (unless it's because it is a new 'franchise').

There are 70+ levels but each level is much smaller than a typical 3D World level, and they look to be much easier, too. We still don't really know the purpose of the collectibles or any of the post-game content, not to mention how Amiibo integration is going to work, so it's hard to gauge the value of the package.

DizzyCrow

There are 70+ levels but each level is much smaller than a typical 3D World level, and they look to be much easier, too. We still don't really know the purpose of the collectibles or any of the post-game content, not to mention how Amiibo integration is going to work, so it's hard to gauge the value of the package.

Actually no.

@MUWANdo

Banned

None of those levels look especially big. Even that last one is just "average size" as opposed to "tiny" like all the others.

It's not a criticism--it doesn't bother me that they're smaller, and Luigi U actually benefited from having smaller levels--but the lack of challenge does put me off.

Choomp

Banned
This reminds me so much of Dodo and Valentina from Nimbus Land in Mario RPG... I am now beyond thirsty for a remake of that game in this graphics engine. Would be perfect with the isometric camera and everything.

Yes please. I don't see it happening, but it would be my dream.

Always loved this cutesy art style, comes off as really beautiful in some cases as well.

Top Bottom