• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair |OT|

It's both actually. Got to have enough lag to activate it plus know how to get out of being stuck above the map

the later is easy, you just lag kick out. Although, yeah, the more people in your party the easier it is to do. Of course, soloing The Count when he's that much more difficult because it's a 6 person game can be fun too ;o

I want to get back into this game. Stay active so I can hop on sometime :)

We'll be active as long as people keep playing, so why don't you join us? ;p

Hmm...been ages since I played this.

Guess I know what I'll be re-downloading tonight...

Sweet, we'll be happy to have ya!

TSM

The sub weapon grinding in this game is so tedious. This is the 4th time doing this crap. I've probably fought menace's foot for more hours then most people have even played this game.

The sub weapon grinding in this game is so tedious. This is the 4th time doing this crap. I've probably fought menace's foot for more hours then most people have even played this game.

lol. Yeah survival grinding sucks. I just realized I have two stats on richter I need to get maxed still. If you want to take turns in Survival (would be much quicker) I'd be down.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
What's the best way to get the goddamn Sonic Boots? Chapter 7 on normal? Also, playing Shanoa I'm still stuck with a pair of Confodere. :(

What's the best way to get the goddamn Sonic Boots? Chapter 7 on normal? Also, playing Shanoa I'm still stuck with a pair of Confodere. :(

As far as I know they are exclusive to Hard 9. The lesser Winged Boots drop from Hard 6, 7, and 8 and the better (for whip users) Fuma's Greaves drop from Hard 11.

Sonic Boots actually give you other stat boosts, I believe attack and a couple others. It's better to just keep grinding 9. (Unless you need Miser rings from 7, and you could look got Winged too.)

Fuma Greaves aren't bad, but Sonic are much faster and I'd rather take the boost with those plus the additional speed.

Sonic Boots actually give you other stat boosts, I believe attack and a couple others. It's better to just keep grinding 9. (Unless you need Miser rings from 7, and you could look got Winged too.)

Fuma Greaves aren't bad, but Sonic are much faster and I'd rather take the boost with those plus the additional speed.
Fuma is best if you rely on subweapons as it gives a boost to it and each piece acts like a chaos ring

Fuma greaves are a lot better for everybody who can wear them (which is Fuma + whip users) if you want to use sub-weapon or special move builds. Retro boots also are goot for whippers iirc . Both are slower than Sonic Boots, but faster than Winged Boots, and the heavy stat boosts are significantly better than the marginal speed boost, especially since you can make up a lot of distance with triangle jumping anyway.

Frankly in Fuma's case, relying on his subweapons is really the only way to deal a lot of damage. His sword has pathetic range and only decent damage and the fireballs do barely any damage. His subs can deal pretty solid damage, especially the War Drum since it is Holy type and pierces. The hex bombs also are great.
Sucks that Fuma is such a piece of trash in this game, too, because he gets severely OP in Getsu Fuma Den when you have your sword at max.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I was playing chapter 9 on hard earlier today but the platforming section at the castle entrance stumps me. Man I suck at this game.

I was playing chapter 9 on hard earlier today but the platforming section at the castle entrance stumps me. Man I suck at this game.

It's too late at night for me to be playing right now, but if you're on PSN I can try to help you out sometime. Saturday would probably work best.

If you're still on I can hop on and play some.

You just missed me. Thanks anyway!

So I'm officially back into this game. I thought I had all the best gear for Soma/Alucard, as I have a Valmanway +1 on each of them, but I only have Winged Boots and not the Sonic Boots.

A new goal...

Do you have 2x Miser Rings and a Scrooge McDuck-sized pile of money?

You also need two Valmanways for maximum Blendtec(R) power.
You can dual wield them?? Do you tap both buttons at the same time or alternate? I have 2.5 million...not sure if I have any Miser Rings though. Is that the best ring for Soma/Alucard? What is the other coveted loot in this game?

hey btw if Konami is moving out of the console gaming world, will they pull the plug on this game?

You can dual wield them?? Do you tap both buttons at the same time or alternate? I have 2.5 million...not sure if I have any Miser Rings though. Is that the best ring for Soma/Alucard? What is the other coveted loot in this game?

hey btw if Konami is moving out of the console gaming world, will they pull the plug on this game?

Yes, you can dual wield them. You can do either or, you only really need to tap each button once a half-second or so.

Miser Rings provide a stat bonus that increases the more gold you have on hand. They eventually become the best accessory in the game in terms of sheer attack power.

I think as long as XBL/PSN matchmaking stays live the game should be fine. I don't think the games themselves make use of dedicated servers.

Yes, you can dual wield them. You can do either or, you only really need to tap each button once a half-second or so.

Miser Rings provide a stat bonus that increases the more gold you have on hand. They eventually become the best accessory in the game in terms of sheer attack power.

I think as long as XBL/PSN matchmaking stays live the game should be fine. I don't think the games themselves make use of dedicated servers.

Ah okay I remember that now, thanks. How much money would make it worth it to equip the Miser Rings over Megingiords which is what I have now?

Ah okay I remember that now, thanks. How much money would make it worth it to equip the Miser Rings over Megingiords which is what I have now?

I don't recall off the top of my head but I seem to think you need to be in the tens of millions to be better than Apolloan/Artemisian Rings, which are better than Megingiords.

10 million is the maximum for Miser Rings, iirc.
You get +STR based on how much money you have. They're only good if you use a build that focuses on weapon damage. A spellcaster will not benefit from them.

10 million is the maximum for Miser Rings, iirc.
You get +STR based on how much money you have. They're only good if you use a build that focuses on weapon damage. A spellcaster will not benefit from them.
I'm focusing on Soma right now with dual Valmanway +1's, so I guess it's time to save up money to 10m and get a couple Miser Rings!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Goddammit this is starting to piss me off. But why do I never get hearts as Yoko? Any other chars get hearts from candles when their mana is full, but even with 10 points left I am still getting fucking coins. Grrr.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
It's too late at night for me to be playing right now, but if you're on PSN I can try to help you out sometime. Saturday would probably work best.

Sorry, I didn't see this yesterday. In the end my family started watching Mad Men so I had to leave early. Still, sometime this weekend if people are down, I wanna join the fun too.

Goddammit this is starting to piss me off. But why do I never get hearts as Yoko? Any other chars get hearts from candles when their mana is full, but even with 10 points left I am still getting fucking coins. Grrr.

Not sure why, but I found out that she only gets hearts from candles if she breaks them with spells. Really makes no sense

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Not sure why, but I found out that she only gets hearts from candles if she breaks them with spells. Really makes no sense

I just plugged the 360 back in to check, and she gets hearts from candles via attacks...Wait...This happens to everyone? Is this exclusive to the PSN version haha?

Edit. Checked PS3 Yoko vids on YT and WTF Konami. No hearts from normal attacks is BULLSHIT.

PS3 version in general is inferior because Konami reverted some changes they made to Maria and Yoko in the 360 one, e.g. Maria on PS3 has no no Holy damage on her Hymn, while she gets that on 360. Yoko's spells also get Holy attribute (except for the icicles). They did keep all the other changes they made to the 360, though, most of which are nerfs. The buffs got axed from the PS3 version. :p

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
PS3 version in general is inferior because Konami reverted some changes they made to Maria and Yoko in the 360 one, e.g. Maria on PS3 has no no Holy damage on her Hymn, while she gets that on 360. Yoko's spells also get Holy attribute (except for the icicles). They did keep all the other changes they made to the 360, though, most of which are nerfs. The buffs got axed from the PS3 version. :p

But local multiplayer tho.

Just got home now, is PS3 back up yet?

Doesn't look like it.

Yeah the offline in PS3 is pretty shit unless you all stay right next to each other.

It's only really good for gear grinding if you don't mind squinting to kill R The Count or Ryot. :p

10pm EST is like 3am for me, that's why I keep missing you guys.

That heart thing aside, Yoko's not actually that different on PS3. Holy Flames / Lightning still have the holy element. Her physical attack damage is lower and Holy Flames is slightly weaker, but Blue Splash actually hits harder.

Maria, on the other hand, is a hell of a lot weaker on PS3. Higher MP costs on her spells and lower damage on everything but Zhu Que (Up+Circle). It annoyed me at first, but after a while I kinda liked having a handicap character I could use when the game got too easy. That's why I have so much time on her.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I've been thinking about this, but man I'd love it if Bloodstained have HoD like chapters, with loot to be collected. That's be the most incredible thing that could even happen to me in gaming haha.

Also...goddamn fucking SONIC BOOTS ARRRRGH

Top Bottom