• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair |OT|

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I've been trying to get "boned" but with randoms it's basically "run to the boss and then kill them with our super powered weapons while your weak butt is just wanting four people to turn into skeletons with you while you have one the overpowered people kill the boss."

And no one ever dual crushes, ever. :/

I've been trying to get "boned" but with randoms it's basically "run to the boss and then kill them with our super powered weapons while your weak butt is just wanting four people to turn into skeletons with you while you have one the overpowered people kill the boss."

lol We always do Dual Crushes if possible. I guess if you can catch a group of us we can help you with those achievements

TheSeks

I've only done a dual-crush once with a random. Every other time it's them somehow speeding ahead while my Soma doesn't have that speed because I just started the game. It's kinda crazy how fast some people can reach the end boss while I'm still in the first 1/4th of the game.

The biggest issue with the game though: Zoom sizes. Makes it impossible to keep track of everyone/rooms at the biggest zoom setting. Medium wouldn't be bad if you could see enemies.

I've only done a dual-crush once with a random. Every other time it's them somehow speeding ahead while my Soma doesn't have that speed because I just started the game. It's kinda crazy how fast some people can reach the end boss while I'm still in the first 1/4th of the game.

The biggest issue with the game though: Zoom sizes. Makes it impossible to keep track of everyone/rooms at the biggest zoom setting. Medium wouldn't be bad if you could see enemies.

You eventually learn how to use zoom sizes but yeah it could've been done better. You learn how to use it well during CH. 9 since if you don't you have a chance of getting killed by the flies that the boss summons. Most of the players on here are mostly vets so they know the short cuts to get to a boss and beat it quickly so don't feel bad. Also, are you on PS3 or 360?

Dezner

XCUSE ME

How have my peepz not told me of this topic? :p

I forgive you since this game is legend. :3

(so many hours wasted haha) xD

I'm kinda upset noone's playing with me. ._.
Bought 3 months of gold just to get some games with GAF, but everyone's on PS3 and those that are on 360 don't wanna get gold to play with other people on GAF.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm up for it. Need to max out Maria

Well I'm on if anyone wants to play?

I either always miss everybody playing or can't connect lol. My biggest problem is that my PS3 controller is basically dead and I can only press the XMB button. And it barely works so getting to messages is hell.

Sony needs to fix PS4 controller support dammit. The touchpad can be the XMB button!

Never got the boned achievement on 360, and will never get the trophy lol.

TheSeks

You eventually learn how to use zoom sizes but yeah it could've been done better. You learn how to use it well during CH. 9 since if you don't you have a chance of getting killed by the flies that the boss summons. Most of the players on here are mostly vets so they know the short cuts to get to a boss and beat it quickly so don't feel bad. Also, are you on PS3 or 360?

Is Chapter 8/9 free? Because I somehow have Chapter 7 when I started the game on PS3.

I'm already up to Chapter 3 on Hard (I think you only need to beat Chapter 6 on Hard to get the "cleared Hard" trophy) due to said super people online wanting me to make the game mode hard.

Doing some Chapter 10 grinding, and a Retro Helm drops for a Jonathan, then two games later a Valmanway +1 drops for a Soma :eek:

Maybe some more good drops tonight ;p

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Doing some Chapter 10 grinding, and a Retro Helm drops for a Jonathan, then two games later a Valmanway +1 drops for a Soma :eek:

Maybe some more good drops tonight ;p

Still cannot get even Sonic Boots. I hate you!!!

Edit. I have 0 time with Soma on PS3 lol

Sorry I missed you guys earlier was watching the Cavs playoff win.

Still cannot get even Sonic Boots. I hate you!!!

Edit. I have 0 time with Soma on PS3 lol

lol don't hate the player, hate the game! ;p

lots of retro gear I still need to get. If you want to play sometime lemme know, we can organize another play time on here.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
GG to both of you spyhunterzero and Seraphis Cain. I really wish I had a microphone to be chatty but....Dammit.

Least I got two pairs of Mercury Boots T_T Also, sorry for my murderousness during Astarte...Poetic Justice...

lots of retro gear I still need to get. If you want to play sometime lemme know, we can organize another play time on here.

Hell yeah. So much shit I need.I want as much time on the PS3 version as I had on 360. Currently working on getting a blender for Soma. Got 2 Kaiser Knuckles from Chap 4 chests on my first run, so I get at least go "Fist of the North Star" on stuff. I needed someone to at least look forward to Chap 10 Drops you know lol.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
We can't let this thread die! Only need my Dracula spells to max out Charlotte. Still no luck on a blender of any sort T_T.

We can't let this thread die! Only need my Dracula spells to max out Charlotte. Still no luck on a blender of any sort T_T.

I was dropping stuff left and right when me and Star played. Thought I did take 2 Claimhs+1

Going to be playing some CV right now if anyone is interested. Just send me a message on PSN if you want to play with me.

TheSeks

Anyone want to get together and do "Boned" on Chapter 1 like later today or sometime this weekend?

I've got like three controllers though I don't think local players can play online. We could also do runs in Hard, but I'm a lightweight. lol.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm down to get Boned or just play generally, maybe later tonight or at least this week-end. Those last 7 Hellfires are such a bitch to get for Charlotte. Ugh....So much shit I need. Vals, Claimhs, Misers, Sonic Boots, Katanas, Fumas and Retro sets.... Man I even need the Dual Crush trophy T_T

BsBXlXx.gif

TheSeks

I'm on now if you guys want to play. Let me know and I'll shoot a PSN message to you.

TheSeks

People continue to leave while I'm trying to get a full party going. :/

TheSeks

They weren't kidding about these Hard levels. Chapter 5's opening for Player 1(?) is a massive platforming thing. Ugh.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
They weren't kidding about these Hard levels. Chapter 5's opening for Player 1(?) is a massive platforming thing. Ugh.

Don't worry you'll get better. And fuck, I hate people who just farm for gear nowadays. Running Charlotte when I get time to play, just because I like her gameplay. Already got all the gear I'll ever need for her. Whatever. Game's just bloody brilliant!

TheSeks

Well beat Hard with Spyhunter and a few other people. Leaves getting Boned but it seems the randoms that joined want to do Chapter 10 hard, which... I don't own. Oops?

GG man. At the end I was trying to get you to get spells with Charlotte as that is the way she gets stronger. All the whip users, Shanoa, Yoko, and Maria have to use their spells to get stronger.

Top Bottom