• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2 stuff

ironcreed

Banned
Thought it looked weak. Acting was especially poor. Don't get me wrong, I will be all over this, but this looks quite lackluster. I mean, we are talking Dracula here. Gabriel is not evil or disturbing enough. Not going to lie, I wanted more.

Foffy

Banned
Really underwhelming trailer. Gosh..):

Nice to see they found a way to fit the modern stuff in the game by making everything previous a flashback, though.

volpone

Banned
Best be able to play as my man Alucard in this game.

The writing wasn't great either. Robert Carlyle sounded pretty flat.

Thought it looked weak. Acting was especially poor. Don't get me wrong, I will be all over this, but this looks quite lackluster. I mean, we are talking Dracula here. Gabriel is not evil or disturbing enough. Not going to lie, I wanted more.

I felt like it was kind of a quick job trailer. I think the game looked fine, but really, like I said in another thread most of these VGA trailers are very brief things so I didn't expect much more.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
bummed that it spoiled the first game for me

hard to avoid and all but yeah

Nah didnt really spoil muc.......okay yeah it spoilt the best part of the first game imo.
And now i just spoilt that there arent any story details much more important than the spoiler.

Honestly its still worth a playthrough, the game is damn good and i still play it today.

Still don't really care for the modern day setting, but I'm not sure it will make the game bad or somethig, as long as awesome like los1

when i was at work and I saw that pic of Gabriel with blood all over his mouth i was like fuck yeah dracul

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Yeah the original. Ugh, I remember the frame rate being pretty terrible. Though the graphics were pretty. Oh well, thanks.

The framerate isn't too bad, really. It jumps a little bit here and there, but it never dips into 'this shit is unplayable' territory. Games like Darksiders II and Silent Hill: Downpour both run far worse IMO.

ironcreed

Banned
Man, I want to be wowed, but this is weak as piss. You want to see pain and evil?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gtE8IWV7J0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gtE8IWV7J0

Hopefully Gabriel will reach that level before his redemption.

yeah but you're trying to compare this to Gary Oldman so what the fuck do you think's gonna happen, whatever you're trying to get Gary Oldman to compete with is going to fucking. lose.

Hopefully Gabriel will reach that level before his redemption.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4_RB6qkrik

this is some scary shit when you're drunk

ironcreed

Banned
yeah but you're trying to compare this to Gary Oldman so what the fuck do you think's gonna happen, whatever you're trying to get Gary Oldman to compete with is going to fucking. lose.

No shit, Gary Oldman is the man, but my point is that it just felt weak. I merely provided an example of how I see the the tragedy and hope they can represent it in a similar fashion... because it deserves that power. Anyway, thought it was a weak trailer, but still have hope for the game.

Tizoc

Where's the gameplay? Visuals are nice, but really if the end game is gonna be 30 FPS, they're just showing off...

AwShucks

Just me or did his voice sound different? I know it's been a year or so since I've played LoS but he sounded way different to me.

Either way I enjoyed the first game and the ending had me super excited for a possible sequel. Glad they are continuing with that story thread here.

Fantasmo

They really need a new writer. Hope the gameplay is as good as the first. The gameplay and length was awesome. Incredible artists too.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Lords of Shadow is one of my favourite combat games of the past few years. Some of design choices were ingenious. Looking forward to seeing where they go with this.

Grief.exe

Where's the gameplay? Visuals are nice, but really if the end game is gonna be 30 FPS, they're just showing off...

Consoles: 20-30 fps
PC:60+ FPS

Pretty standard really.

Hope the LOS1 PC port rumors are true, I missed out on the original and this looks fairly story intensive.

GlassBox

Banned
Gabriel's voice is exactly the same. Robert Carlyle doesn't sound any different, just watch a youtube vid of the LoS epilogue. It's been a consistent criticism that Carlyle doesn't do a good job giving off a menacing enough voice for his role.

I was mainly disappointed that the gameplay in the trailer was relegated to quick jump cuts it was difficult to get a good read on it all.

Bleep

Consoles: 20-30 fps
PC:60+ FPS

Pretty standard really.

Hope the LOS1 PC port rumors are true, I missed out on the original and this looks fairly story intensive.

It's unfortunate that 20-30fps is now an acceptable range of performance for a lot of developers.

prwxv3

They're more or less the same. The PS3 version has slightly better framerate, but we're talking like ~2 FPS higher than the 360 version, so it's no major difference.

wat even if the difference is small I would have expected the opposite. I still need to play lords of shadow.

AwShucks

Gabriel's voice is exactly the same. Robert Carlyle doesn't sound any different, just watch a youtube vid of the LoS epilogue. It's been a consistent criticism that Carlyle doesn't do a good job giving off a menacing enough voice for his role.

I was mainly disappointed that the gameplay in the trailer was relegated to quick jump cuts it was difficult to get a good read on it all.

Well, I guess I just remember his voice differently for some reason. Oh well.

Persona86

Banned
His voice makes him sound like a arrogant prick, but I guess that's on purpose. I still need to play the first one, might actually stat today. :)

Tonza

Wanted to see Alucard but it was still good. I wonder if there will be gameplay in the modern setting.

Momentary

Banned
I was really looking forward at maybe seeing Alucard in action. Aside from this not showing actual gameplay the it definitely got me hype and the in-game engine looks amazing.

ElfArmy177

I just want a 3d version of SoTN... kinda like if Lords of Shadow and Dark Souls had a baby.. Why cant they do it... :(

pakkit

Banned
I'm guessing dual storylines: one in the older Castlevania era and one more modernized?

MercurySteam's artists are among the best in the biz...Can't wait.

It was already known that Gabriel/Dracula would be the playable character but I wish they could have snuck in some Alucard. What a twist with the modern setting though.

Top Bottom