• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Lords Of Shadow Ultimate Edition |OT| Now at 60 FPS!

hlhbk

Z2y82Ex.jpg

Thanks to brandonh83 for the banner graphic!

About the Game

Platform: Steam on PC

Release date: August 27, 2013

Demo is available on Steam

Price: $27 in the USA on Steam.
$20.25 when orderling from Green Man Gaming. Be sure to use promo code GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB to get the discount. Please be aware that you will receive a steam key when ordering from GMG. ***DISCLAIMER: Some people have reported having to wait for Steam keys at launch when ordering from GMG for other games. I have never ran into this but order at your own risk***

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Ultimate Edition is the complete edition of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, a dark and vivid new re-imagining of the Castlevania mythology. It is the end of days and ungodly powers isolate the Earth. The world's alliance with the heavens has been threatened by a dark and malevolent force - the mysterious Lords of Shadow. Across this shattered land, the souls of the dead wander unable to find peace, whilst creatures of evil wreak chaos and death upon the living.

Gabriel Belmont is a member of the Brotherhood of Light, an elite group of holy knights who protect and defend the innocent against the supernatural. His beloved wife was brutally murdered by the evil forces of darkness and her soul trapped for eternity. Neither living nor dead she realizes the horrific truth of what is at stake and guides Gabriel to his destiny and hopefully salvation for the world.

Reverie – DLC
Reverie marks a return to the game’s climactic castle setting as Gabriel seeks to assist the recently-slain vampire Queen’s hand maiden. The download spans three stages, and offers a breath-taking twist to the game’s plot

Resurrection – DLC
Resurrection, which itself follows on from the completed Reverie, lays bare the fate of both Gabriel and the Belmont clan. Gabriel must battle an evil demon known only as ‘The Forgotten One’ that has broken loose of its ancient chains.

These new DLC levels provides a stunning finale to KONAMI’s epic tale of death, betrayal and redemption – with ‘The Forgotten One’ intent on destroying mankind, and only Gabriel standing between it and its goal...
Key Features

■Developed by MercurySteam - Climax Studios.

■Play through Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Ultimate Edition and enjoy the full game plus Reverie and Resurrection bonus content!

■High caliber voice acting from the game’s stunning cast, with Gabriel voiced by Robert Carlyle OBE (Once Upon a Time, 28 Weeks Later, Trainspotting, The Full Monty, and Stargate Universe), and Sir Patrick Stewart (X-Men, Star Trek: Next Generation) as the mysterious Zobek. Natasha McElhone (The Other Boleyn Girl, Californication, The Truman Show) and Jason Isaacs (Black Hawk Down, The Patriot, Harry Potter series) round off the talent.

■Enjoy newly added game features such as enhanced High Definition Graphics, solid 60 frames per second (recommended spec), Achievement integration through Steam with Cloud saving, and Big Picture support for full Gamepad control.

■Supporting AMD features such as Eyefinity technology and Crossfire™, as well as support for Nvidia SLI technology.

■Brazilian-Portuguese language support now included.

■Immerse yourself into the alternate Lords of Shadow timeline, meet classic characters and experience tangential side stories. Discover Gabriel’s ultimate fate.

■Overcome obstacles using the Combat Cross multi-function weapon and hone your platforming skills in this sprawling adventure. Swing across chasms, climb sheer walls, rappel down cliffs, grip and pull away any and all things that lay in your path!

■Solve devious puzzles along your journey that unlock new items in which to improve your chances of success. Leave no stone unturned as you never know what you might find.

■Titan Battles: Take on behemoth enemies that scale to the size of complete world environments and where special attacks and cunning speed are required for advancement.

■Use secondary weapons like daggers and holy water and combine them with light and dark magic for a wealth of powerful attacks to unleash upon your foes. Manage your spells as power comes at a price!

■Explore gothic ruins, dark castles, old forest and frozen wastelands. Discover a whole world to investigate with many routes and hidden secret places that contain items to aid Gabriel on his quest.

4Wt.jpg

System requirenments

Minimum:

Processor:2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory:1 GB RAM

Graphics:Direct X9 compatible video card 512Mb Ram

DirectX®:9.0

Hard Drive:15 GB HD space

Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection

Additional:Keyboard or Xinput compatible Joypad for control

Recommended:

Processor:Quad Core CPU

Memory:2 GB RAM

Graphics:Direct X11 compatible video card with 1024Mb Ram

DirectX®:11

Hard Drive:15 GB HD space

Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection

Additional:Keyboard or Xinput compatible Joypad for control

9405328582_2bb34369e9_o.png

Media

Castlevania Lords Of Shadow Ultimate Edition trailer

Gametrailers: The Castlevania Retrospective

Reviews!

SlasherPC quick video review

Ahasverus

You posted like the worst screenshot of the game hahaha, it's from an early build, even.

The same scene in the final game:

5285357639_a9766c1424_b.jpg

Cynar

Unfortunatly I haven't heard anything about if we will be able to. I did some digging while making the OP and couldn't find a thing.
Thanks man. My internet can be kinda crappy at times so it'll be a few days after launch until I can play.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
How was the demo?

lol fluffy your tag always changes when i refresh.

No Love

Banned
Can't wait to play this with tons of downsampling. Going to look/feel/play insane. I only got a few hours into the 360 version, but this might push me to beat the whole thing. Visual treat for sure.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking forward to it. I really liked the atmosphere they created and the action seems decent enough. The demo ran extremely well on my machine, too.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I already beat it, so I will get this on the low low. Good on them to bring this to the PC, though.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ran really damn well on my 7670m and I've been hearing good things all around on GAF, seems to be optimized very nicely. It's worth playing over the console versions.

Sounds good, thanks.

@OP the most important thing is missing ....the price.

Seems like everyone's pc's are destroying this, maybe this will be the game I finally pull my figner out and do the 75hz thing for my monitor, sounds like I might be able to push it at that + downsample. I dread going through the first chapter again though, I've did it like 5 times, and only played the rest of the game once. too many grand plans to replay that never come to fruition then it's a pain getting past the bits you've done a million times.

hlhbk

How was the demo?

lol fluffy your tag always changes when i refresh.

Lets put it this way. The consoles ran at a max 30 FPS, and were lucky to even touch that. There were times it was in the teens on the consoles.

On my pc (specs below) it was a solid 60 FPS at max settings and my GPU barely went about 50% utilization:

Intel I7 2600K
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 670
Windows 7

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Never played the PS3/360 version and the demo left a terrible impression in my mouth. Please tell me the game is waaay better than the trash demo.

Never played the PS3/360 version and the demo left a terrible impression in my mouth. Please tell me the game is waaay better than the trash demo.

The demo is absolutely awful in the gameplay department and nearly stopped me from buying one of the best hack and slash games released in the last few years.

PC has been taken seriously, nice to have this types of games that struggled on consoles for the PC.

Cannot wait new PC early 2015.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

It's way better than the trash demo, BUT it's a long and uneven game. There's a fair amount of padding, and plenty of stuff that feels like the devs threw every idea they had into the game, even if they weren't good.

However, it has a decent combat system (with its own identity) at its core, and the art is beautiful throughout.

Miker

3 Times?? I'm playing this mofo at 120fps and I'm gonna make my PS3 watch while I do!!!

This made me laugh way harder than it should have. I hear the console versions dip down to 17 fps or so sometimes, so a locked 120 fps is literally 7x better framerate. Damn.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Does anybody know if this will ever come to consoles in one complete package? Have wanted to pick up this game, but waited for a complete edition.

Suairyu

Banned
This is my first ever OT. I feel a little intimidated. Please be kind GAF.
You did good. Minimal images, information in text (as it should be), and enough information to explain the game to those wanting to learn more without turning it into an info dump. Don't ever, ever become one of those blights on the forum that is the all-image, press-promo-pack OT creators, such as the sort that normally make the Final Fantasy OTs.

If I had to nitpick, it is that rather than copy+pasting press release text, you should paraphrase it down to just the relevant details in smaller, more easily digestible chunks. Also perhaps a section for reviews at the end?

Az987

all good things
Does anybody know if this will ever come to consoles in one complete package? Have wanted to pick up this game, but waited for a complete edition.

I believe it was listed on playasia for either PS3 or 360 but I don't see it on Amazon. It's what outted the HD port of Mirrors of Fate.

I believe it was listed on playasia for either PS3 or 360 but I don't see it on Amazon. It's what outted the HD port of Mirrors of Fate.

You're right, there's an ultimate collection coming October 31st I think. First game, dlc, Mirror of Fate HD, LoS2 Demo. You can get Mirror of Fate HD and the demo alone too though. So his wait has paid off (although I remember hearing bad things about the dlc? I never bit, the price was a bit rich I think)

LAMBO

Damn got all excited thinking this is the game with the awesome trailer with alucard showing up, but that games hasn't been released yet.

I almost bought this game several times on the PS4, but never committed. I'm excited to play it. We don't get many games like this on the PC.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace

Wow I didnt know Mirrors of Fate was coming as well, guess that game sucked, but as a Castlevania-junkie, it will be nice to at least try it out.

You're right, there's an ultimate collection coming October 31st I think. First game, dlc, Mirror of Fate HD, LoS2 Demo. You can get Mirror of Fate HD and the demo alone too though. So his wait has paid off (although I remember hearing bad things about the dlc? I never bit, the price was a bit rich I think)

I heard the dlc was important to bridge the events of LoS1 and 2, so I want to at least be able to play it because of that. Nice to see that this package is finally coming.

Retro

This is my first ever OT. I feel a little intimidated. Please be kind GAF.

You done good, don't worry!

Definitely going to pick this up at some point, I have it on the 360 but the framerate issues were a bother (and I'm someone who usually doesn't care about that sort of thing), and it'll be nice to grab the DLC all at once.

Now I just need to finally break down and get a gamepad for my PC.

Top Bottom