• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catholic priest put an aborted fetus on the altar in an appeal for Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

convo

Were living in one if not the biggest political event in what could possibly be our nations history

I can safely say with a straight face that 2016 election was the craziest election ever and nothing will top it

Except these dumb shits are gonna exist forever and will stick around. At the very least they shouldn't be at the at the top of everything.

Soul Beat

Oh god, I recognize that dude. I'm fairly certain I've attended mass when he was around here.

I'm debating wether I should tell my parents about this.

Oh god, I recognize that dude. I'm fairly certain I've attended mass when he was around here.

I'm debating wether I should tell my parents about this.

He had a show on EWTN where he would have a chyron on the screen throughout his sermons informing his viewer on the number of fetuses that were murdered during each airing of his show. Think of it as a Wall Street ticker tape, except it involves fetuses. The guy is creepy even without the fetus on the altar incident. He could pass for a spokesman of NAMBLA.

Not sure I understand the outrage. He's doing what anti choice protesters have been doing for years, using dead foetus' to make emotional pleas for taking choice away.

Maybe it's the Trump connection that's got people riled up, but for anyone who follows anti choice protesting tactics, this is standard fare.

Not sure I understand the outrage. He's doing what anti choice protesters have been doing for years, using dead foetus' to make emotional pleas for taking choice away.

Maybe it's the Trump connection that's got people riled up, but for anyone who follows anti choice protesting tactics, this is standard fare.

Edit; nvm I just got it..........I'm and idiot

Soul Beat

He had a show on EWTN where he would have a chyron on the screen throughout his sermons informing his viewer on the number of fetuses that were murdered during each airing of his show. Think of it as a Wall Street ticker tape, except it involves fetuses. The guy is creepy even without the fetus on the altar incident. He could pass for a spokesman of NAMBLA.
His show was probably before my time in America, but still, what the flying fuck? How is he even still a priest after all this nonsense?!

Brakke

Banned
I love how church cares so much about unborn children, but once they're born they give 0 fucks about them.

Lol what. We can definitely find ways to criticize the Catholic Church but "it gives 0 fucks about humans" is a total nonsense thing to say. The Catholic Church like... operates orphanages, my dude.

Auctopus

Horrible. His replies are so smug and smarmy, he has absolutely no perspective.

His condescending wonka profile picture doesn't help.

Dude should be arrested. I'm sure there's gotta be some sort of charge for this nonsense.

Family involved could sue him for negligent mishandling of a corpse. Wouldn't be surprised if this guy isn't licensed to handle corpses either, which if true, means the licensing board could hit him with a fine and a C&D. Fairly certain there are laws in the criminal code that he could probably be hit with too, unlawful storage of human remains at least (if NY law is similar to FL, a body has to be stored at temps no higher than 40 degrees, doubt that it's that cold in his church).

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
This is gross.

But it also makes zero sense, even from a 'pro-life' point of view.

If you believe this was a person, with all the rights and dignities that should be accorded to a person... what gives you the right to treat their remains like this?

It always gets me, also, about protesters using photos of aborted fetuses. Who gave you permission for this? The child?

They're inadvertently making the point for people who don't believe in the personhood of a fetus, in the most gross fashion possible. You're demonstrating that a fetus can be held to a different, lower standard.

And there isn't a point here about serving 'the greater good'. We don't pull out the bodies of murder victims to make a point about how wrong murder is.

tldr - as usual, demonstrative of rabid ideology rather than an understanding from first principles of what they're talking about.

Toxi

Banned
Well that's just twisted. I was just playing some Bloodborne, and the imagery this title evoked is straight from that game.
But he needs four Red Jelly to perform the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice ritual.

I'm going to hell for that.

Literally using what he perceives to be a dead baby in an attempt to get something he wants.

Talk about someone that's lost their way...

Bolivar687

Banned
I love how church cares so much about unborn children, but once they're born they give 0 fucks about them.

The Roman Catholic Church is the largest provider of education, health care, relief efforts, and overall human services in the world, and in human history.

Aside from how fucking insane this is......

Trump has never been a strong advocate for life.....

Jaaaaysusssssss

When evangelicals and pro-life Catholics have endorsed Trump... I don't get it. The guy is so obviously not even Christian. Has Trump ever asked for forgiveness for ANYTHING? Multiple divorces, no support for pro-life, obviously a fucking asshole. His father was strongly anti-Catholic... Jesus.

That's definitively the move to get young people back in church.

Edit: Hmmm, that wasn't supposed to have more than one meaning, but upon review it sounds kinda fucked up.

Aside from how fucking insane this is......

Trump has never been a strong advocate for life.....

Jaaaaysusssssss

When evangelicals and pro-life Catholics have endorsed Trump... I don't get it. The guy is so obviously not even Christian. Has Trump ever asked for forgiveness for ANYTHING? Multiple divorces, no support for pro-life, obviously a fucking asshole. His father was strongly anti-Catholic... Jesus.

To be fair, they're probably flocking to Trump largely because of Pence, who they see as a godly, moral man because he's been making it hard for women to get healthcare in his state.

DrArchon

Hold up, I thought slapping down dead babies on altars was what everyone said Satanists were doing back when they were the big boogeymen.

What the fuck is even happening anymore?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom