• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump 2010: This is my boardroom. It's not a locker room. Maria, you’re fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Fire me if old locker room talk.

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/785597497737670657

The video posted by The Daily Show yesterday.

Just days after Donald Trump brushed off his 2005 brag about sexually assaulting women as nothing more than “locker room talk,” a 2010 episode of “Celebrity Apprentice” has resurfaced in which the Republican nominee fires a female contestant for exactly that.

The clip, which was tweeted out Monday from “The Daily Show” account, shows Trump dismissing professional wrestler Maria Kanellis after she said “crap” in his boardroom, a word much less obscene than the phrase “grab her by the p***y.”

Donald Trump in 2010: “This is my boardroom. It’s not a locker room. Maria, you’re fired.” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ pic.twitter.com/UlsP9Xjg7F

— The Daily Show (@TheDailyShow) October 10, 2016
“The reason why I said you were so arrogant was because you came in our dressing room and you took a crap and left the stench in the room,” Kanellis says in the video, referencing an incident with her fellow contestant, chef Curtis Stone.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...om-talk_us_57fce5f3e4b0b6a4303569fa?section=&

Searched and found nothing. Sorry, this is unintentional comedy, right here.

Kind of sums up how he views women. She gets tossed for tame language. Is it suggesting the guy shit in the dressing room and he wasn't fired? I can't tell.

Kathian

Banned
It's a reality show also people need to learn that resurfaced does not mean commonly and readily available.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Special message from past-Donald Trump to present-Donald Trump:

tumblr_inline_o88ih6SqOJ1rnd30c_500.gif

I can't believe I'm defending that racist asshole but it's reality TV, it's obvious there's always favourites who him and the producers want to finish, so they often come up with bullshit reasons to dump people who are less likely to help the ratings. He has enough bad quotes to not rely on fictionalized television.

What Trump said was on a sponsored bus that likely cost more than the average home in America and claims that was a locker room environment, but bringing up someone's bowel movements in a mock boardroom of a reality tv show is below the belt?!?!?!? Unreal.

The Beard

I can't believe I'm defending that racist asshole but it's reality TV, it's obvious there's always favourites who him and the producers want to finish, so they often come up with bullshit reasons to dump people who are less likely to help the ratings. He has enough bad quotes to not rely on fictionalized television.

Yeah, some of these "Gotcha" moments are lame as hell and exhausting.

If anything they just dilute the actual terrible things he's done. "Oh, look they got Trump again, I wonder what it is this time? Did he sneeze and fart at the same time on camera, and blame the smell on his publicist?"

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
...Trump wasn't in the boardroom when he said "grab her by the pussy", was he? Time and place for everything, yadda yadda yadda.

I'm actually surprised that there aren't more people trying to use Apprentice clips to either praise or bash Trump. I haven't watched that show in forever, but if I remember correctly, there is a lot of material there for both cases.

It's funny..

But you realize Apprentice is a scripted and planned show by all accounts, right?

But The Apprentice was a reality show. It says reality in the name. If it were pre-scripted, it wouldn't be reality. Checkmate. How am I supposed to vicariously live my life through others if reality programs are fake?

Next you'll say the people on House Hunters already purchased a place before filming began.

I don't see the hypocrisy. Trump wasn't in a boardroom when he talked about sexually assaulting women. It was a private conversation on a bus.

If anything they just dilute the actual terrible things he's done. "Oh, look they got Trump again, I wonder what it is this time? Did he sneeze and fart at the same time on camera, and blame the smell on his publicist?"
This.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I don't see the hypocrisy. Trump wasn't in a boardroom when he talked about sexually assaulting women. It was a private conversation on a bus.

The fact that this is a sentence that can be written accurately and seriously is hilarious to me.

andthebeatgoeson

Wait, I thought it was scripted? So a real board room or a 'board room'? Why is it so dark in the board room, I mean, "board room?" And I thought you usually get fired outside the 'board room', wait, um, "board room".

The hilarity, even if scripted, was the woman getting fired for talking about something that the dude did. Which, is kinda, life imitating art.

They can't even spit shine this guy with fake made up stories. He's just a douche, through and through.

Sad.

d00d3n

Yep, basically this.

MrBadger

I agree, that's why the whole "Drumpf" thing bothered me. Making a big deal about things like this just sounds desperate, like there isn't enough legitimate stuff to go after him for.

Brakke

Banned
What's the hypocrisy though? Trump's comments where one-on-one with someone on a bus where he had an expectation of privacy. This lady was in a "board room" fully aware of cameras rolling on her. Trump's whole defense is that he has different standards for speaking in private vs public, and this isn't inconsistent with that.

We don't have to stretch this hard to call Trump a shitbird. There's plenty of things to hold against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom