• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump repeatedly called deaf 'Apprentice' Marlee Matlin "retarded"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Trump: I mean, deaf people can't even hear me tell them how sad they are. And let me tell you they are very sad. Just the saddest! Sad!

ThisGuy

How does it feel y'all? To know Hillary has this in the bag. She has to be having victory cocktails every night.

seinfeld-humor-nonetheless-21254995.jpg

"Can you believe what he just said to her?"

"Do you think she can tell?"

Cartman86

Banned
I'm sure this is common with others, but this guy is my fucking dad with money. Every new reveal confirms it. If he hasn't done something that Trump does he will attempt to play devil's advocate for it in a way where you know he supports it (locker room talk etc) It's unnerving.

I never knew she was on the Apprentice. She was the best on the West Wing.

How can Trump's awfulness continue to grow so exponentially? Did Trump somehow tap into Moore's Law?

Is Trump an outlier or is he an expression of behavior by people in the rich and famous class of people who have the ability to walk above other people?
Trump isn't lying when he said that they let you do things like grabbing people by the genitals when you're rich and famous. Think about the amount of cases with famous rich celebrities who have cases against them settled or paved to the side for heinous acts. Some of those cases are surely false and opportunistic in wanting to sue someone, but others are not, and the main crust of the issue is that famous and rich people get special privilege when it comes to having to live up to laws other people have to live up to.

Remember the Sony leaks? The amount of racist and disgusting CEOs and people who worked for Sony pictures was most likely not a directive of Sony itself, but just how Hollywood studio operates. There might be similar forms of abuse and napoleon complex-style CEOs and managers in other entertainment industries, like fashion, media and music industries.

I really hope people will not just focus on Trump in the fallout of this. Trump is a symptom of the privilege of the elite class. He has scammed, conned, cheated and perpetrated lies for many decades. Why has he gotten away with it for so long? How many others are there like him, who are exactly the same but are just not talked about because they are not under a microscope?

If people only want to talk about Trump then it just becomes another character piece, and then after the election and trumps relevance dies down, the same systemic power structures continue. Until the next elite rich and asshole engage in the same behavior.
If you really think about it, it is insane what people get away with if they have enough money. And even if they don't get away with it, it's disgusting how heinous crimes can be reduced to slaps on the wrists in comparison to the damage they've done. Speaking both of corporations and people being hold accountable. It's a total joke.

Grenchel

She's was gifted with the ability of being in the same room as him, and only have to avert her eyes to shut him the fuck up.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Is anyone even surprised at this point. And I mean by any of it. That he would associate deafness with intelligence. That he would label someone retarded. That he would belittle someone. None of it is surprising, just shows a clear pattern of behavior.

Marlee Matlin is a treasure, by the way.

I didn't think he could become a more loathsome human being, but somehow he tops himself.

IIRC he said years ago (before Obama was even elected) that he wanted to run for president. Obviously he lacks the basic foresight (beyond just decency) that calling a deaf woman a "retard" WITH WITNESSES AND CAMERAS ROLLING might just screw him over.

But he is brilliant!

At this point, I've said everything bad about Trump I possibly can. Let me change it up a bit.

Trump supporters: Fuck you. Just, fuck you!

ezrarh

I didn't think he could become a more loathsome human being, but somehow he tops himself.

IIRC he said years ago (before Obama was even elected) that he wanted to run for president. Obviously he lacks the basic foresight (beyond just decency) that calling a deaf woman a "retard" WITH WITNESSES AND CAMERAS ROLLING might just screw him over.

But he is brilliant!

I don't believe the man has the capability to think further ahead than the length of his penis.

besada

Banned
Marlee Matlin is both brighter and more eloquent than Trump is ever likely to be.

Trump just hadn't alienated disabled voters enough, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom