• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump repeatedly called deaf 'Apprentice' Marlee Matlin "retarded"

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...d-deaf-apprentice-marlee-matlin-retarded.html

“[Trump] would often equate that she was mentally retarded,” said one source, who described how kind Matlin and her interpreter Jack Jason were.

During the taping of the show, Trump would often scribble down notes while sitting at the table of “the boardroom”—the show’s primary set. A person familiar with the notes who helped clean up after tapings said that on one of the pieces of paper, Trump wrote: “Marlee, is she retarded??”

“He would write notes on his blotter, his papers in front of him, and he would scribble notes in it,” a source described. “It was usually just asinine things on them.”
During breaks, Trump would often remain mic’d up and engage in chit-chat with Donald Trump Jr. or other people in the boardroom for tapings.

“[Trump] would make fun of her voice. It actually sounded a lot like what he did [to] the New York Times guy,” another person who worked on The Apprentice for years told The Daily Beast, referring to when Trump mocked a disabled reporter last year. The source said this incident occurred outside the boardroom, during a break from filming. “Like, to make it seem like she was mentally not there? [It] sounded like he got a real kick out of it. It was really upsetting.”

Another Apprentice staffer, who worked on the show for roughly five years, described how Trump commenting on Matlin’s deafness and supposed mental deficiencies was a regular occurrence during the whole season. Occasionally, it would be directly to Matlin’s face.

“In the boardroom, he would talk to her like she was ‘special,’” the source said. “He took her deafness as a some kind of [mental] handicap.” The staffer recalls sitting in the control room during the shoot for one episode and being taken aback hearing Trump make an “insensitive” comment about Matlin’s deafness to the actress while she was seated across the boardroom table.

“She responded [to him], she stood up for herself,” the source said. (This exchange was not included in the final cut of the episode.)

Well, this is the worst story in the world right now so I'm going to vomit for a bit.

But SNL nailed this one, actually.

https://youtu.be/Zjbc15X1zSM?t=1m34s

VariantX

Kellyanne ain't getting that day off, let alone a full night's sleep. Trump doesn't seem to need sleep, only Twitter

As if I needed more reason to hate Trump. This one takes the cake for me as a HOH person.

I hope his life continues to crumble to ashes in the most extravagant way possible. Fuck this man, and fuck everyone who still support him in spite of seeing how disgusting he is.

LCGeek

formerly sane
For someone who makes me look coherent, he shouldn't ever be using that word on anyone. Then again hypocrite fascists never know any better or care too.

Amir0x

Banned
Feeding frenzy. The beast that terrorized so many is bleeding out, and now those he tormented are licking up every drop.

HeySeuss

I love the deaf people. They can't hear me. It's great.

Just a point of order, the deaf community actually does prefer the term deaf over hearing impaired. Hearing impaired infers lesser than someone that can hear, and deaf people don't consider themselves lacking in any way by not being able to hear.

Its not offensive like when he says "the blacks"

rhandino

Banned
88HkCLl.gif

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Someone leak the tapes of all this Apprentice shit already.

Cindro

An overweight 70-year old is surely at imminent risk of heart attack, right?

Just gotta play the ol' waiting game before we finally see some justice for this crusty old lump of rancid orange excrement

Grym

The hits keep on coming. How can we still have a month to go with this shithead continually in the limelight?

jett

D-Member
Trump running for president was simply social and professional suicide. Did he think this shit wouldn't come up?

johnsmith

remember me
Trump running for president was simply social and professional suicide. Did he think this shit wouldn't come up?

He refused to let his campaign do self-oppo.

“I don’t know what’s out there,” said Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway, who took the job this August, on Fox News on Wednesday. “There’s no way for me to know what is and isn’t out there.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...ign-s-requests-to-do-self-opposition-research

The brilliant and talented Kellyanne Conway is going to have a rough 4 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom