• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says who?
dt.png

Yup he has no chance of victory, this scandal is unprecedented in modern presidential politics, and there is no chance Trump does well at the debate tonight. Republicans behind the scenes almost to a man say this is over, and all Democrats too. The polls suggest it is over, and real life suggests it is over.

It is over. Over. There's really no argument otherwise now. I mean even before this event it was pretty much over. Now it's like we can sit and laugh about how we all thought this man was some sort of threat rather than a ridiculous manchild who would implode during the election.

Vote though.

MazeHaze

Banned
Yup he has no chance of victory, this scandal is unprecedented in modern presidential politics, and there is no chance Trump does well at the debate tonight. Republicans behind the scenes almost to a man say this is over, and all Democrats too. The polls suggest it is over, and real life suggests it is over.

It is over. Over. There's really no argument otherwise now. I mean even before this event it was pretty much over. Now it's like we can sit and laugh about how we all thought this man was some sort of threat rather than a ridiculous manchild who would implode during the election.

I completely agree with this. But I'm watching CNN now for the first time in years, how are some of these anchors not understanding that it's over? "It's not over, look, Hillary raped a billion people, Trump is the president the American people want."

Like, how are CNN employees saying this shit? How is this acceptable, to support this man? People should be fired for defending this shit, that's the true political correctness crime going on right now.

I completely agree with this. But I'm watching CNN now for the first time in years, how are some of these anchors not understanding that it's over? "It's not over, look, Hillary raped a billion people, Trump is the president the American people want."

Like, how are CNN employees saying this shit? How is this acceptable, to support this man? People should be fired for defending this shit, that's the true political correctness crime going on right now.
That's this job? Unless you mean the hosts?

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
It ain't over until it's over. I'm afraid people are going to start feeling just a bit too comfortable that she's a shoe-in so they don't bother voting or vote for someone like Gary Johnson only wake up the next morning to find Donald Trump the new President. You can bet your ass that Trump's people will show up to vote. Best make sure you and yours do as well.

It's in CNN's interest for this to not be over until election day. They are going to push that angle.

It ain't over until it's over. I'm afraid people are going to start feeling just a bit too comfortable that she's a shoe-in so they don't bother voting or vote for someone like Gary Johnson only wake up the next morning to find Donald Trump the new President. You can bet your ass that Trump's people will show up to vote. Best make sure you and yours do as well.
Thank you for typing this for me.

rjinaz

Probably busy voting?

Ok but your premise doesn't make much sense unless you are seeing people saying they aren't going to vote here.

You can see an obvious outcome and call it what it is, and still vote.

The "shhh" approach would mean people would need to either stop talking about polling and trends or just ignore them completely.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
538 now has there being a higher chance of a Clinton landslide than a Trump electoral college victory

And this before the leaked video has any effect on the polls.

The only one taken partially after the video was released is a YouGov national with clinton +6, up from previous week's YouGov national of clinton +3 .

Less people are going to show up for Trump that were going to 3 days ago (and even that was not going to be enough to win). Even if every crazed Trump supporter shows up to vote, he will not win. The "complacency" concern loses some of it's luster when you have one candidate talking about "Grabbing pussies" a month out from election day. Relax.

I'm not sure, I've seen like 20 different people on there today. I'm not familiar with news TV at all, I read all of my news.

My mistake if that's their job, but damn, watching these people talk legit pisses me off.
CNN has their agenda; viewer count. They play both sides as long as their audience numbers are high.

Ok but your premise doesn't make much sense unless you are seeing people saying they aren't going to vote here.

You can see an obvious outcome and call it what it is, and still vote.

The "shhh" approach would mean people would need to either stop talking about polling and trends or just ignore them completely.
Point well taken.

"Vote" - Obama.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Less people are going to show up for Trump that were going to 3 days ago (and even that was not going to be enough to win). Even if every crazed Trump supporter shows up to vote, he will not win. The "complacency" concern loses some of it's luster when you have one candidate talking about "Grabbing pussies" a month out from election day. Relax.

I'll relax once the election is actually over.

Is there a thread dedicated to Wikileaks' publication of Hillary's speech transcripts? From what I've read, they seem to be more significant than this Trump story in the sense that they could have had a greater impact on the Dem primaries than the GOP one.

Highly ignored. The gotchas were short of Fan4stic..

rjinaz

Wait, wouldn't that mean what Donald Trump said he does, is actually worse?!

Why am I entertaining stupid? Oh yeah, the rum.

kingkitty

Holy shit? Footage of Trump saying the N word? Mark Cuban really needs to invest!
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/10/09/is_there_apprentice_footage_of_donald_trump_saying_the_n_word.html?client=safari

Of course trump will sue but he could easily lose that in a day if Trump were elected/the economy tanked.

Civic duty!

Cuban seems to have chummy business relationships with the people who are holding the tape back (if its even legit). So I doubt we can rely on him. Mavs suk.

Amir0x

Banned
What's this about?

People who work on Apprentice says there are worse videos, particularly one where he uses the n-word. Burnett threatened anyone who works on the show with legal action if they leak it, because he supports Trump. There is a 5 million leak fee for it. The gofundme is an attempt to raise awareness about this tape (since it is unlikely to raise that much, obviously), and get media attention and a feeding frenzy around this tape. Pressure Burnett and whatnot.

Good one.

My point is that this isn't something that should be given a "it's over" hit and run. This is the presidential election, it's important, not sure if sending out that message is helpful just as voting has started. People may think, ahh fuck it, it's over anyways, why vote.

All evidence is to the contrary of what you're saying here though. Winners love turning out, and losers hate it. Imagine a football game between Alabama and Appalachian State; do you think the Bama fans are more likely to show up (where they'll have fun watching a victory) or do you think the App State fans are more likely to show (and be miserable for 3 hours)?

It's pretty clear (and plays out in the past). If the polling shows a bad loss, then the winner usually overperforms (since the losers were discouraged). This is all before we count the Republicans who just won't vote this year (or vote 3rd party, which is the same thing).

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Watch the Apprentice video be like the Michelle Obama "Whitey" video, nonexistent.

Possibly. Even if it exists, I don't know if anyone that has access to it will want to leak it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom