• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I've seen people refuting things that Trump himself has actually admitted to. At this point he's just a container for their fiction. They just want a candidate who will let them say the N word again.

riotous

Banned
I've seen people refuting things that Trump himself has actually admitted to. At this point he's just a container for their fiction. They just want a candidate who will let them say the N word again.

The biggest Trump supporter on another forum I frequent was going on about how Trump is an isolationist who would pull us out of Middle East conflicts... when I pointed out that is flat out wrong he just shrugged it off and stopped bringing up anything Trump and military related. It was literally the number 1 reason he claimed to support Trump before that.

rjinaz

Oh my god GAF! I can't listen to my family anymore. All they have been saying is that the Democratic media complex is destroying a well-intentioned outsider because he is too big a threat to the establishment.

Some people genuinely just want to see the system burnt down more so than it being about Trump. Still doesn't excuse their being ok with a racist and "well-intentioned" is laughable.

The next few months after HRC is elected will be painful for these people. Trump the and Alt Right media have produced a reality distortion field the likes of which Steve Jobs would have been jealous of.

Ozigizo

Oh my god GAF! I can't listen to my family anymore. All they have been saying is that the Democratic media complex is destroying a well-intentioned outsider because he is too big a threat to the establishment.

Yeah, my FB is currently exploding with "But Bill."

It's incredibly telling of the people who are choosing to ignore this. If they weren't family, I would have blocked them.

Clefargle

God, I can't wait to see r/the_Donald when he loses, it's going to be amazing.

Yesssss, I'm banned from that sub (lol), but I will be there for the entire Election Day and the following one just for the massive salt mine. It's gonna be glorious.

Right, obviously they couldn't have anticipated how hot an item it would become.

I just find it funny that there is a value defined to illegally leaking material in the first place.

Most state's contract law would probably invalidate that clause if the amount were that astronomical. Generally redress in contracts can only extend to remedying actual damages. Sure that's very vague for a media property, but an insane penalty would be thrown out.

Hillary a practicing witch? When Trump says "Make America Great Again", he(and his supporters) wants to take us back to "Salem Witch Trials" great.

Again, I've said this before (about Trump supporters and others idiots) and will always say this as a joke when pockets of mankind prompt me to do so, but it should be illegal to be THIS stupid.

"It's over" - GAF

The turmoil of the last few days in the race for the Presidency have given Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton her widest lead over Republican Donald Trump in two months. The new Economist/YouGov Poll was conducted mostly after the release of a 2005 video recording of Trump making vulgar statements about women and his behavior towards them and as a number of GOP leaders rejected those statements and a number of them rejecting Trump as well.

Something is certainly happening.

epmode

This part's amazing:

An old man, hunched over his cane, rain streaked across his glasses stood listening to me talk to Rice. His father had been a friend of Fred Trump—“a very humble man, you could never tell he was a millionaire”—and he didn’t want to give me his name. Trump wasn’t his first choice, but he felt for him. “If you’re a Republican, they’ll dig everything up on you, everything!” he said, complaining to that it was hard to be a Republican in this town.

He hadn’t heard about Friday’s tape, and, after hearing a brief summary, his face stretched into disbelief. He looked away, seeming pained. After a moment, he said, “The Bible says, ‘All men are sinners.’” He looked at the shiny Trump Tower lobby just on the other side of the doors. “You know, they say Trump is a racist, but if he was a racist, why would he have these, these, these people working here?” He gestured with one crooked hand at two black security guards. He shook his head. “They’ll dig up everything!”

A form of consent because he's a star? That's...one way to look at it i guess.

It's consent you don't have to be given. Because it's already been given. Or something.

I realize your responses are satirical in nature. However, if anyone reading this thread has a shred of doubt about this one...

Every single human being that has a properly functioning brain has what is called "Immobilizing Defenses". A lot of women "freeze up" when sexually assaulted or raped, especially if the encounter is short. Like, I don't know, someone trying to kiss them or grab their pussy without consent.

This is why nobody should ever assume that a woman who didn't fight back was consenting. In most cases like this, they physically were unable to do so.

Google search results for "why do women freeze when assaulted"

Power and fame aren't consent. They're silencing tactics used after the fact, among others.

"I don't know anything" - Frustrated_me
Good one.

My point is that this isn't something that should be given a "it's over" hit and run. This is the presidential election, it's important, not sure if sending out that message is helpful just as voting has started. People may think, ahh fuck it, it's over anyways, why vote.

So even though the whole "so what? So many of us talk like this behind closed doors!" is extremely skeevy and nowhere near the excuse they think it is, let's keep in mind that these are Trump supporters we're talking about. I'm not surprised that they do that shit on a regular basis.

So even though the whole "so what? So many of us talk like this behind closed doors!" is extremely skeevy and nowhere near the excuse they think it is, let's keep in mind that these are Trump supporters we're talking about. I'm not surprised that they do that shit on a regular basis.

Yep, really great litmus test for who the true creepos in your life are.

entremet

White Christian Males supporting Trump is so bananas since many chided Clinton for his moral failings.

Some guys on my FB are now saying, "Well, we knew he wasn't a choirboy".

And they remain one of his more reliable demographics.

rjinaz

Good one.

My point is that this isn't something that should be given a "it's over" hit and run. This is the presidential election, it's important, not sure if sending out that message is helpful just as voting has started. People may think, ahh fuck it, it's over anyways, why vote.

Hasn't history shown that in such a case it's the losing side that tends to not show up if they feel it's hopeless?

Sounds good to me.

Evidently he's not a big enough threat for them to just stand by as he tries to grab them by the pussy.

Hasn't history shown that in such a case it's the losing side that tends to not show up if they feel it's hopeless?

Sounds good to me.
Hasn't this election cycle shown that it's unlike any other cycle of the past? I think it's reckless to think that while it looks like a sure win it's still notnover, just my two cents.

Amir0x

Banned
Well, yes, it is over.

Yup he has no chance of victory, this scandal is unprecedented in modern presidential politics, and there is no chance Trump does well at the debate tonight. Republicans behind the scenes almost to a man say this is over, and all Democrats too. The polls suggest it is over, and real life suggests it is over.

It is over. Over. There's really no argument otherwise now. I mean even before this event it was pretty much over. Now it's like we can sit and laugh about how we all thought this man was some sort of threat rather than a ridiculous manchild who would implode during the election.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
White Christian Males supporting Drumpf is so bananas since many chided Clinton for his moral failings.

Some guys on my FB are now saying, "Well, we knew he wasn't a choirboy".

And they remain one of his more reliable demographics.
Most republicans are pretty well versed in hypocrisy, methinks.

Their argument, after all, is glossing over Trump's pussy-grabbing by comparing it with Clinton's acts that got him impeached.

Watching this whole election as an outsider, it's been pretty clear that none of them could name a redeeming quality of Trump or why he deserves the presidency, beyond him not being Hillary.

Yup he has no chance of victory, this scandal is unprecedented in modern presidential politics, and there is no chance Trump does well at the debate tonight. Republicans behind the scenes almost to a man say this is over, and all Democrats too. The polls suggest it is over, and real life suggests it is over.

It is over. Over. There's really no argument otherwise now. I mean even before this event it was pretty much over. Now it's like we can sit and laugh about how we all thought this man was some sort of threat rather than a ridiculous manchild who would implode during the election.

Says who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom