• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aselith

My dad posted this to defend Trump for his "colorful language"

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/guess-what-all-presidents-use-vulgar-language-get-used-to-it

tumblr_maj5orlbHV1qa5hig_zpsd7cbff7e.gif~c200

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
That "locker-room" talking point sure gets around fast.

I'm hoping we see a video in the same style as the one put together by Joss Whedon but this time with athletes in a locker room saying they don't talk about sexual assault.

A few people on my Facebook are always boiling downTrump's character as "so he says a few mean things, but Clinton did this and deleted those emails and got those people killed."

chadskin

When Bill Clinton's sex scandals were still fresh back in the 1990s, however, Trump took a much different approach to discussing them — expressing sympathy for Hillary Clinton, defending Bill Clinton and dismissing his accusers, and in one interview with Howard Stern, making light of Bill Clinton's infidelity.
Speaking with Wolf Blitzer in November 1999 in video reviewed by CNN's KFile, Trump said Hillary Clinton had been through more public controversy than any women should have to bear.

"I think she's gone through terrible times," Trump told Blitzer in the interview. "I think she's been through more than any woman should have to bear — everything public. I mean, women go through this on a private basis and can't take it, she's on the front page of every newspaper every week with what went on in Washington."

A month before, in an interview with CNBC, Trump expressed a similar sentiment about Hillary Clinton and blasted the independent investigator Ken Starr as "a total wacko."

"I think she's a very, very good person," Trump said of Clinton. "I think she's had a very tough life the last few years. I mean, what could be tougher than that? I mean, can you imagine those evenings when he's just being lambasted by this crazy Ken Starr, who is a total wacko? There's the guy. I mean, he is totally off his rocker. And can you imagine being lambasted like that all day and then saying, 'Darling, what are we having for dinner?' It's gotta be pretty tough."

Trump also repeatedly dismissed and at times mocked Bill Clinton's accusers.

In a 2008 interview with CNN, Trump called the Lewinsky scandal "totally unimportant" and said it was "nonsense" that Republicans tried to impeach him.

In another interview, with CNBC in 1998 and first unearthed by the Washington Post, Trump called Clinton accuser Paula Jones "a loser." In August 1998, Trump again dismissed Jones, and said Bill Clinton was actually the victim.

"I don't necessarily agree with his victims," Trump said to Fox News' Neil Cavuto in a clip uncovered earlier in the year by the "Daily Beast." "His victims are terrible. He is, he is really a victim himself. But he put himself in that position."

"These people are just, I don't know, where he met them - where he found them," Trump continued. "But the whole group — it's truly an unattractive cast of characters. Linda Tripp, Lucianne Goldberg, I mean, this woman, I watch her on television. She is so bad. The whole group, Paula Jones, Lewinsky, it's just a really unattractive group. I'm not just talking about physical."

The Trump campaign did not return a request for comment.
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/09/politics/trump-clinton-sex-then-vs-now/index.html

riotous

Banned
I'm in the car, so I can't take a listen.

But let me hazard a guess that the language on show there is probably more of an angry type versus admitting to sexual assault, talking about trying to seduce married women while themselves married and using their prestige to be women.

Just a guess.

He's quoting a book, and he's making a nuanced speech about context.

It really couldn't be any more ironic that the right is using this.

My aunt shared a picture with the following:
So Trump was talking like 'a guy' in a private conversation 11 years ago?

But did anyone die?? Because I'm pretty sure people died waiting for Clinton to do her job.
I don't even know...

https://twitter.com/discreetlatino/status/785186812025274369
��������������
LOL
Wouldn't surprise me if Trump got his apology from a song.

Punjicide

A few people on my Facebook are always boiling downTrump's character as "so he says a few mean things, but Clinton did this and deleted those emails and got those people killed."

Unfortunately, they'll continue this false narrative until November.

Who am I kidding? They'll continue to do so until the end of time.

Strimei

Who am I kidding? They'll continue to do so until the end of time.

Pretty much. My mom said she's seeing similar on her own facebook feed and said "Its going to be four years of this." My response: "And that's different from the past 8 how?"

Biske

It's next week that really matters. Especially since there's inevitably going to be more gaffes. Trump will probably fuck up even 2-3 days before we actually vote.

Early voting is already under way. He is imploding at the worst possible time.

Even if some how he turns this all around in a few weeks.. a lot of people will have already voted.

lenovox1

It's next week that really matters. Especially since there's inevitably going to be more gaffes. Trump will probably fuck up even 2-3 days before we actually vote.

Someone's already posted, buy I believe it's been said that there will be "new" stuff on Trump ever single solitary day until election day.

HotHamBoy

... its like people defending this either are missing the point, or deliberately trying to misconstrue it. Its not about crass language, it's about a guy bragging about sexual assault. Hes bragging about shit he's done to women.

But that was over a decade ago! People change! We need a president, not a saint! But Bill, tho!!

I challenged someone with this argument last night just for the hell of it.

Let's accept the claim that Clinton is morally deficient and/or incompetent at statecraft and that she did bad things while in power. Fine. But if she is, his character seems easily just as flawed, if not more, raising the question how do we know he won't do just as heinous things with the power as she did?

It's a bizarre argument because you see people treating Hillary like the devil and then saying things like "We didn't elect Trump to be Pope." Which are just contradictory things. If Hillary doesn't have scruples, you can't reply that you intentionally elected someone without scruples...

E-Cat

It's only a $5 mil fine for leaking the N Word footage?

Come on, thats chump change.
Now, admittedly, I don't understand how leak fees "work"... but if you really, really don't want the tape to get out, why not just set it to some outrageous amount like $10 billion?

rekameohs

Banned
Now, admittedly, I don't understand how leak fees "work"... but if you really, really don't want the tape to get out, why not just set it to some outrageous amount like $10 billion?
Then the person with the tapes would sue the producers. They probably signed some agreement years ago and that's where the 5 mil comes from.

I challenged someone with this argument last night just for the hell of it.

Let's accept the claim that Clinton is morally deficient and/or incompetent at statecraft and that she did bad things while in power. Fine. But if she is, his character seems easily just as flawed, if not more, raising the question how do we know he won't do just as heinous things with the power as she did?

It's a bizarre argument because you see people treating Hillary like the devil and then saying things like "We didn't elect Trump to be Pope." Which are just contradictory things. If Hillary doesn't have scruples, you can't reply that you intentionally elected someone without scruples...

I'm using this from now on, thanks.

so uh

“He is the only one who can get us out of the mess we’re in,” said Jeannie Rodriguez. She was an immigrant, “but I’m a legal immigrant,” she added. “I don’t care what he said. That was in the past, we all have our pasts.” Her eight-year-old daughter Gabriela stood listening. “My responsibility as a parent is to filter information for her,” Rodriguez said. “I don’t have to explain it to her because right now because she can’t handle it. I’m the one who’s going to filter information to her.” (Gabriela, for her part, was still supporting Trump “because he’s good” and “he’s going to make America great again!”)

A 17-year-old who has been volunteering for the Trump campaign, and who also didn’t want his name used, was explaining to a bystander that Trump’s comments weren’t predatory because they let him do it because he’s a star, and that is a form of consent.

A college student who worked at nearby Rockefeller Center who leans toward Clinton wandered over to see what this was all about. “That man over there, with the horn, he was telling me that Hillary is a witch, that she practices witchcraft." The man with the horn—a ram’s horn called a shofar and used in Jewish ritual—was Johnny Rice, a messianic Christian from Washington, D.C., decked out in Trump regalia. After some discussions of Bill Clinton’s sexual transgressions, I asked him if he had been telling the young man over there that Hillary is a witch. A relieved and knowing look came over his face. “Oh, for real, for real,” he said nodding with the gratitude of someone finally being understood. (The shofar, he told me, was part of his studying Judaism to understand Jesus better and to “turbocharge” his prayers.) “Have you heard of Alex Jones? Alex has the behind-the-scenes people, like Larry Nichols. And I was even able to call Larry personally, and he said he asked Bill one time, how come Hillary flies to L.A. once a month? And he said, Hillary is going to witchcraft meetings.”

Do you know of any spells she’s cast? I asked him.

“I mean, didn’t travel with her to these witchcraft meetings but, as a Christian I have spiritual discernment,” he said. “I can discern Hillary. I can tell she’s into that stuff.”

E-Cat

Then the person with the tapes would sue the producers. They probably signed some agreement years ago and that's where the 5 mil comes from.
Right, obviously they couldn't have anticipated how hot an item it would become.

I just find it funny that there is a value defined to illegally leaking material in the first place.

A 17-year-old who has been volunteering for the Trump campaign, and who also didn’t want his name used, was explaining to a bystander that Trump’s comments weren’t predatory because they let him do it because he’s a star, and that is a form of consent.

Nope. Nothing wrong with this at al ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS

Ambient80

comments weren’t predatory because they let him do it because he’s a star, and that is a form of consent.

because he’s a star, and that is a form of consent.

a form of consent.

Oh, dear me.....

NYR

"It's over" - GAF
Congrats on getting just 40% of the popular vote and not expanding your base of support. Congrats on losing the election. That is why it is over. You basically posted trump supporters will vote for trump. Talk about an over simplification.

JB1981

Oh my god GAF! I can't listen to my family anymore. All they have been saying is that the Democratic media complex is destroying a well-intentioned outsider because he is too big a threat to the establishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom