• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump recorded bragging about his fame letting him violate women in 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
2tOnjZq.jpg

JohnsonUT

"It is not acceptable to ask a moral, dignified man to cast his vote to help elect an immoral man who is absent decency or dignity," he wrote. "If the consequence of standing against Trump and for principles is indeed the election of Hillary Clinton, so be it. At least it is a moral, ethical choice."

Beck's argument was that if Clinton is elected, her policies can be blocked through legal, "moral" channels, and doesn't require the election of a man who is most well-known for his "immorality, lewdness and depravity."

This is definitely something I will be showing my Republican relatives. I do expect some "Hillary is more immoral" responses though.

karasu

I tell you, man. Reading the defenses these politicians put up for Trump on twitter has been an education. Like, these people are clinically stupid. I've seen nine-year-olds more adept at critical thinking and these are the people who are running our country. I don't think I'll ever suffer from impostor syndrome or second guess my ability to make it ever again. if these fucks can get to the top, who can't???

Squire

Banned
Anyone catch that black woman on CNN a few minutes ago? She was fired up and really well-spoken!

She was fiiiiine.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
The problem with this tape is the precedent it would set. If Burnett or one of his employees leaked it, then his production company would never be trusted or would be hurt by this. No one would want to work with him, because of how it essentially damages a former employee, and makes the work environment unsafe to be everyone's version of "normal". Everyone would be in fear of hot mics and recordings.

As amazing as it would be to hear, this one is going to be on lockdown, I imagine.

The irony here is that a couple of seasons back on Survivor, another Burnett show, is that during the after show they used raw tape to call one of its contestants a sexist and confronted him live about it. So they can do it for their own benefit, but won't for the benefit of the country.

What precedent? This guy was filming a fucking tv show with cameras in his face. It's not like this is security footage and hidden microphones. The guy is also running for president of the United States.

hokahey

Yep pointless question. I think everybody has an opinion on Trump at this point, so even people that think poorly of him would answer no to that question.

"Did it change your opinion on Trump"

"No, I still think he's a piece of shit like I always have".

Seems like a huge number if 50% have a new view on him. Because most of that 50% were likely supporters. The rest of us know he's a piece of shit. I can't wait for next weeks polls and updated maps.

kevin1025

Banned
What precedent? This guy was filming a fucking tv show with cameras in his face. It's not like this is security footage and hidden microphones. The guy is also running for president of the United States.

I do agree with the President part. I mean that it shows to employees and potential employees that nothing you do is safe, your every word and every move is up for grabs, and puts a black cloud over that production company.

I'm basically saying that the production company shouldn't offer it up. But I do think someone should leak it.

Just saw a CBS Poll - 50% of those surveyed say the leaked video didn't change their opinion of Trump.

Seems like an oddly worded question, since it didn't change my opinion. I already knew he was a racist, homophobic, orange creeper. No videos will change my opinion of him.

The WaPro story will not have any measurable impact on Trump's existing supporters. Why would it? The man has said more offensive things along the campaign and actually managed to galvanise his core. He did, after all, famously claim that he "shoot someone at Times Square and not lose a vote." But losing votes was never his problem - gaining votes is.

The danger for Trump is how long this narrative of the audio lasts. The debacle involving the Khan family lasted a week and even then the slump was temporary. With a debate, he has the opportunity to shift the narrative back in his favour.

jstripes

Banned
As amazing as it would be to hear, this one is going to be on lockdown, I imagine.

You're assuming the tape isn't already outside and in a safe place.

You don't let word slip that you have access to that kind of material if there's a possibility of you losing access to it.

I really hope that in the likely event Trump comes out of this debate even worse that Pence will jump ship. I've got a great "Et tu, Brute?" gif lined up.

Melania refused to do joint TV appearance with Trump after tape scandal
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...rump-refused-to-do-a-joint-tv-appearance-with

She's not trying to draw attention to herself. I mean, we can always re-visit her application where she lied about her education and profession right? Now we have something that is sticking to Trump you can start throwing everything.

Holy shit that subreddit is terrible.

Vile. I hope someone has been tracking and monitoring the subreddit to study anonymity with insecure, sexist, racist men.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why this is what people think will stop him. Surely his views on race, foreign policy, war etc is much worse than this.

If people supported him with all of that why is some groping and bragging his downfall? It's bad but not nearly as bad as running America with those ideologies.

I'm a Brit so just find it puzzling.

This election is showing exactly how dogwhistle politics works.

If there's the tiniest reason to doubt that what the person is saying as sexist or racist or generally terrible, they will always get the benefit of the doubt. It doesn't matter if everyone knows that the heart of those statements are obviously terrible, they'll still get ignored if there's any reason to doubt.

And it will not just be ignored by the hardcore supporters, but also the swing voters that just feel better about that guy over the other, and his opponents and journalists who know calling someone a racist or sexist is practically an extremely offensive slur as seen by most white people.

I highly doubt this trump leak is surprising to anyone, but they really aren't deniable at all. You still have people trying to pretend they're deaf to the sexist words in those statements, but they practically have to be literally deaf to the stuff being said in order to miss it.

The same would happen if the rumored N-word video comes out. You can pretend to be deaf to a lot of racist things, but you have to literally be deaf to not hear an N-word.

I would bet you can find examples of it in the UK too, especially with the whole brexit thing, but Americans have become pro at this sort of denial.

FStop7

Banned
I'm sure Melania will plagiarize some very touching and poignant words when she is ready to appear with Donald again.

Are people who post that "got people killed" "said mean things" pic stupid, or is it I that is stupid? Because I feel like it's just a tad inaccurate.

riotous

Banned
Q6VX1bh.png

How can that word still have meaning with them.

I don't get why people are acting like Trump's comments somehow negate the weird "cuck" shit from The Donald.

If Trump goes after a married woman, he is not a cuck.. the husband of the woman is.

I can't stand the cuck nonsense, but at the very least it's useful.. when I notice a random person use it as an insult I know they frequent the alt-right dogshit-sphere.

Megasoum

Banned
"Sarah Huckabee Sanders - Senior Trump Advisor"

So many conflicting words in that sentence lol

Edit: HERE WE GOOOOOO.... The big bad Benghazi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom