• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT - Two Women Say Donald Trump Touched Them Inappropriately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dishwalla

Banned
"Furious" and "going to war" are two things I don't want to see from a potential president.

You know, without all the rest of this.

Once again, this jackass is going to be spending the next couple of weeks fighting 3-4 people at the same time while also competing with Hillary.

Also the lawsuit makes it into an even bigger story, I love it.

giga

CuGtf00.png

itshappeningisntit.gif

If true, I simply can't imagine the brain of an abuser so deranged that he even invites allegedly abused women to a debate for a childish fear tactic. Can you even grasp the lunacy of such a man?

But what about the Wikileaks! One of the emails kinda looks like they were getting fed info from the DOJ and if you totally ignore the fact that the information they were asking for was publicly available and it was a pretty standard request, it's almost as bad as this!

But what about the Wikileaks! One of the emails kinda looks like they were getting fed info from the DOJ and if you totally ignore the fact that the information they were asking for was publicly available and it was a pretty standard request, it's almost as bad as this!

Lol, OT but has anything legitimately damning come out of these emails at all?

d00d3n

I have never seen the press gun down a presidential candidate this consistently before. It's like some new Trump shit is guaranteed to be published every day of the fucking week.
vmpcrD.gif

It is comforting for people. A false sense of comfort imo. Trump will be crushed in a month, but his brand of right wing populism will live on. Just look at the shit we are dealing with here in Europe, where right wing populists are winning elections left and right. The populists will regroup, find someone with a squeaky clean personal record to lead them, and go in attack mode when the US is facing the next economic recession.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
What's the statute of limitations on sexual assault in New York? He'll probably never go to jail, but he could open himself up to counter suits, no?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
It is comforting for people. A false sense of comfort imo. Trump will be crushed in a month, but his brand of right wing populism will live on. Just look at the shit we are dealing with here in Europe, where right wing populists are winning elections left and right. The populists will regroup, find someone with a squeaky clean personal record to lead them, and go in attack mode when the US is facing the next economic recession.

We shall see as right now the GOP has been the home to a wide range of people and they are tearing into one another right now. If the party does actually fracture neither of the remaining two groups is going to be a threat to the Dem's for a while, especially if they're sniping at each other as much as the Dem's. We shall see though, this last year has been anything but normal.

Lol, OT but has anything legitimately damning come out of these emails at all?

There's lots of stuff that looks terrible if you take it out of context so of course Trumpets are doing just that. For example, one of the e-mails said that Clinton had "grown tired of the american people', which sounds pretty bad. However, if you look at the context, they're clearly talking about the use of the phrase 'the american people' in their speeches. The most damning thing so far is an e-mail that makes it look like a CNN contributor may have tipped the Clinton campaign off to a question that was going to be asked at a town hall in the primary, but CNN and the contributor both insist that it was standard practice.

So yeah, a whole lotta nothing.

cackhyena

No one with a clean record/conscience takes on these nutty positions.

Usually this doesn't happen because a campaign that has gotten this far is usually heavily vetted by other campaign AND themselves to make sure there's nothing there. For some reason Trump experienced neither.

lol if the NYT is reporting on this by interviewing or obtaining evidence from someone accusing trump, how can he sue them for that? i don't mean that literally, because whatever you can sue anyone for anything, i just mean he has no case

shiba5

Usually this doesn't happen because a campaign that has gotten this far is usually heavily vetted by other campaign AND themselves to make sure there's nothing there. For some reason Trump experienced neither.

The only thing I can think of is that it's the result of having 16 people running in the primaries, too many to vet thoroughly, and everyone thought he was a joke.

lol if the NYT is reporting on this by interviewing or obtaining evidence from someone accusing trump, how can he sue them for that? i don't mean that literally, because whatever you can sue anyone for anything, i just mean he has no case

Trump sued Bill Maher for joking about Trump being born from a woman and a giant orangutan. He will sue for damn near anything.

Lunar15

This is what's insane to me. No vetting from the GOP candidates? No vetting from Clinton's campaign until now? Did they have it in their pocket and wait?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/12/donald-trump-jeffrey-epstein-alleged-rape-lawsuit

Trial for his rape lawsuit scheduled for December. In short, the judge did not immediately dismiss the complaint, and the trial will go forward.

Would this be the first presidential nominee to have a scheduled trial heading into election? Isn't that damning enough, regardless of guilt? And there is a ton of smoke coming from him now so he is not going to get the innocent until proven guilty so easily in the court of public opinion.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
If true, I simply can't imagine the brain of an abuser so deranged that he even invites allegedly abused women to a debate for a childish fear tactic. Can you even grasp the lunacy of such a man?

Projection personified.

Trump is waging war alright, war against any sane thoughts left in his brain.

mieumieu

Trump sued Bill Maher for joking about Trump being born from a woman and a giant orangutan. He will sue for damn near anything.

Not really. He sued Maher because Maher said he can collect 5 mil for proving he is not the son of a orangutan. He really wants to collect that orangutan money.

I would not humiliate myself even for 100 mil for that.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This is what's insane to me. No vetting from the GOP candidates? No vetting from Clinton's campaign until now? Did they have it in their pocket and wait?
Clinton camp definitely knew. There's a reason this is coming out in the 30 days before the election. They waited until the last possible moment, then sprung the trap.

And to that I say "well played".

Ferrio

Banned
It'll be entertaining to see his entire empire crash and burn after all this. It has to be Obama's greatest legacy.

shiba5

I'm amazed he just doesn't quit at this point. He's not going to win, his brand is trashed, and he has to be worried that someone will dig up something that will land him in real legal trouble.
I'd also bet money that Melania will pack her bags as soon as this is over.

USC-fan

Banned

its clear what happen. Clinton team clearly had a lot of this information already. These people are professional. She has some of the top people working for her.

After first debate trump stated he was going to bring up bill cheating on her. Then he book those woman to come to the next debate.

Clinton didn't want to release this information before because of bill past and releasing would bring it into play. Trump playing his card week ahead of time gave her team tons of time to get all this information out there.

She playing tri-dimensional chess and trump team playing tic tac toe.

Or she just really lucky. I think they are just that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom