• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBOAT: ESRAM handicap for now, but will get better

yaes. Ripend tools helalp. Dvoper familiarty 2. same thihg ocuredwithn ps3cel last tme rou^nd.

@@#ESRMA is handicap prob for now but workarohd wil cume.

Hdwaarwe powr is alwysa behnd tho. never chagns,ing. wo cpomlet HW upate. 900-720p wil be norm. gamwes wil be goud !!thoug and that hwath mat ers. just struggle mre to wok on xon.

I hgu you friend flesh itw alget bettr I promise :)

Just in case no one saw the post in the NBA thread.

cboat bringing good news?

Translation:

Translation:

Yes. Ripened tools help. Developer familiarity, too. Same thing occurred with PS3 and Cell last time around.

ESRAM is a handicap for now but a workaround will come.

Hardware power is always behind though. Never changing without a complete hardware update. 900-720p will be the norm. The games will be good though, and that's what matters. They'll just struggle more to work on the Xbox One.

I hug you friend Flash. It will get better, I promise.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Sounds like what I was expecting down the line in terms of differences between the two versions but I didn't think the eSRAM would be that much of a handicap. I knew it would be harder than PS4 but I didn't think it was actually going to be hard.

Bsigg12

Handicapped how?

I would assume until devs had had time to really work their engines around the way ESRAM actually works, to fully utilize the bandwidth it offers, it would result in the Xbox One versions being on the short end. It's expected. Hopefully it doesn't take too long though for this hurdle to go away.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Translation: Don't buy an Xbone until the Xbone S comes out in a year or two, with a hardware redesign.
A hardware redesign will be purely cosmetic. They will not change the core specs, it will be the same for rest of the gen. Whatever they can do they have to do it before the system launches.

DogMeat77

8lcJw.gif

Paskil

I agree that there will be many good games on the console. I am already jealous as hell that I'm going to miss Dead Rising 3. Given more exclusive games, a price cut, and/or more disposable income, I am sure that at some point in the future, I will have a XB1 under my TV. Seriously hope that the people buying it enjoy it.

coldone

Did the eSRAM get over clocked too ?. Was it only the compute units in the GPU.

They should just over volt the entire system !!!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Has anyone other than Proelite mentioned OS crashes and freezes? That sounds nasty but I haven't heard it gaining steam among the insiders like the usual big rumors do.

Top Bottom