• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt press conference [over]

Arnie

I don't care for cyberpunk at all really, but I didn't care for fantasy either and I loved TW2. CDP have my money regardless.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

How is a pic like this NOT creepy?

jjSMD.jpg

cicero

I'm thinking maybe there's a chance of Cyberpunk making it to next gen consoles, but that's just me.

Edit: Beaten, and nice call on the Bethesda comparison. That's definitely how a singleplayer-only game like Skyrim did so well commercially.

I sure hope not. Console/PC titles almost always seem to trend towards a dumbed down consolized PC version.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is Dennis okay?

Sentenza

Witcher 2 had controller support from the get go, sooo....
And it was in a few ways a step back from the previous one (while I generally appreciated it more), so I wouldn't use that as a strong argument.

Anyway, a sandbox game from CDPR is quite exciting. I was already expecting another "cinematic" but mostly linear RPG.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
What's the Witcher 2 patch on Steam for? It seems quite big...

I've seen it called dumbed down and consolized on GAF. Some people are just nuts.
I don't know if that's the wording I'd use but I was certainly disappointed in it.

I've seen it called dumbed down and consolized on GAF. Some people are just nuts.

It was definitely streamlined (for the better as far as I'm concerned) but I can see where those people would be coming from.

It was just about perfect for me. One of my all time favorites and I played quite a bit of it with a controller.

hie

Am I the only one who thought of this after all the interesting points they said about the city and the game:

iELpunXF6TmB1.jpg

Really looking forward to it! CDProjekt RULES!

Well...checkout the background on the art from the Cyberpunk pen/paper. Pretty close!

iIzJrsvGUYHCS.jpg

Lingitiz

E:

Goddammit.

I can see where people come from on that argument, but it was one of the few games to simplify some systems the right way. Like Valve, CDProjekt seems to really understand and appreciate their PC audience, so I don't think we have anything to fear. I think its reasonable for some people to be hesitant of a console focus due to the history of certain developers though.

Sentenza

Derrick called the combat streamlined. He's just nuts.
The combat is probably the thing that improved more from the first one (beside graphics).
Other things... Not so much. For instance it was a way more linear experience, with focus on cinematic presentation.
Also, the new inventory was a nightmare.

Derrick01

Banned
Derrick called the combat streamlined. He's just nuts.

It was. It's incredibly easy to master and there's no challenge in it outside of a little jank to put up with.

My complaints were on other things. A worse crafting system, easier overall game, shorter and more linear game etc

Sentenza

It was. It's incredibly easy to master and there's no challenge in it outside of a little jank to put up with.
the first one was even worse. Boring and annoyingly easy after a while, even on the hardest setting (and while this is somehow true even for the second, not even remotely on the same scale).

Top Bottom