• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR: "We don't see a place for microtransactions in single player games"

This company has a unique and positive work culture that feels more like a gaming community than a traditional corporate environment.
If this were true they would have told you before Cyberpunk launch to cancel your pre orders.

A lot of games don’t have micro transactions. Even some GAAS games don’t have them.

CDPR is one of the few to use it as marketing. That itself is suspicious to me.

I bought at launch and watched the missus play it on PS5 and apart from some things like seeing 5 people all look the same in the one area or some cars go flying randomly it was fine 🤷🏼‍♂️
Right. So that was less than 1 month after PS5 came out and she was playing it on PS5 in backcompat mode. Which was entirely different than playing it on an actual PS4 or Xbox One. At launch the game took advantage of the new next-gen consoles via back compat mode. The native versions for next gen came out way way later the following year. She was playing it the ideal way. Which was not at all the norm at the time, 3 weeks after the new consoles had just come out and were impossible to find.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Leading players to buy used or discounted games just demonstrates my point.
Not really, you can fucking buy used right now.... If someone feels its not worth it day 1, they are free to wait for sales or buy used...
CDPR started talking about refunds and Sony don't allow this shit, that's why they pulled it to punish CDPR.
Nah lol

They released a fucking broken game, Sony has no ode to keep something up on their store that has record number of crashes.

You said it yourself. "Many of us can just buy it used later."

So what you're saying is, you want the prices to keep increasing, but you'll only buy those games

I never said any shit like that man, stop fucking making shit up lol

You CAN buy used, never said anything about me ONLY to buy this way or some shit lol Huh? Where did you get any of that from?

If someone wants to try the game, they can buy used, they can buy on sale, if they like it, if its something they enjoy, they can buy the sequel day 1, I've done that many times btw. The point is that we can't keep the prices this way and not expect publishers to start investing more in MTX or DLC or something. Cause right now, zero stats show gamers have any real issue with 69.99 to the point of several games breaking many records recently that prove that simply isn't as much as an issue as many of you are fucking crying about.

It means the price point for all we know can be 89.99, 99.99 etc and you'll likely see those games continue to sell and those that don't wish to buy at that price that may not be day 1 mega fans, would just buy on sale or used.

Gamer still gets game, publishers makes money, developer still exist.

What I'm saying isn't that fucking radical man lol The price will inevitably keep going up to keep up with inflation.

You'll live...

Bojji

Nah lol

They released a fucking broken game, Sony has no ode to keep something up on their store that has record number of crashes.

Yeah, that's not the reason. There are tons of broken fucking games on PSN, terrible turds that didn't even deserve to be released. Sony never cared about quality of games on PSN, they get that 30% of every copy sold.

This time it was different, there has to be other reason than general quality of the game.

EDMIX

Yeah, that's not the reason.

This game is literally one of the most refunded games in history.

Sooooooooooo tons of broken games, sure, records fucking refunds? I don't know about all that bud.

CP2077 holds that shit crown. There are levels to this and clearly this game was more broken then most to be removed.

Last edited:

Bojji

This game is literally one of the most refunded games in history.

Sooooooooooo tons of broken games, sure, records fucking refunds? I don't know about all that bud.

CP2077 holds that shit crown. There are levels to this and clearly this game was more broken then most to be removed.

Sony don't allow refunds after you start downloading and they didn't allow refunds for many, many years at all. Where do you get your data for record refunds? Even if so it's comparing it to games that you literally can't refund on playstation...

Woggleman

Cyberpunk 2077 is one of my favorite games in recent years but the state it was released in is in excusable. The way it is now is how it should have been released.

That being said you get the feeling they know they screwed up and will make sure it never happens again.

EDMIX

Cyberpunk 2077 is one of my favorite games in recent years but the state it was released in is in excusable. The way it is now is how it should have been released.

That being said you get the feeling they know they screwed up and will make sure it never happens again.

True.

I think even if it released today in its current state, you'd have a lot of people angry about those missing RPG elements, but no where near the degree of lawsuits, mass record refunds, removed from stores etc.

I don't even have an issue with early access, if its really going to take years for them to fix or add on to it, then so be it, but make that clear and upfront to consumers. This company went out of their way to hid reviews, lie to not only consumers but their own shareholders and got sued for it and lost.

No one should be trusting anything this fucking company states moving forward and these type of fake ass pandering comments like "we don't see a place for MTX" come across like an attempt to paint themselves as this morally just company.

Let me remind folks, this same fucking company told gamers CP2077 would release when it was ready (withholds information about it being incomplete by fans and their own shareholders) they um "leave greed to others", proceeds to start working on DLC in 2019, but you wonder why the game is broken in 2020 lol That effort was being put on milking gamers for more money to sell you the rest of the game for $30.

Baldur's Gate 3 in 2020 was open about being in early access, that is why in 2023 none of us are fucking angry or making comments about being scammed or something, they made people aware, finished the game, those that wanted to pay early knew what they were getting into as they had full transparency.

Scam Project Green on the other hand went a completely different direction. Start working on DLC early before correcting the base game, lie to gamers about it, hid reviews so they ONLY show footage that you want them to see as to not show the broken and then yellow screen apologize like you didn't know your own game was incomplete lol

None of that sounds like the acts of a company that is just or honest or anything even remotely like that. So their PR is working overtime to paint themselves like angels, too bad their actions don't actually support that idea though.

Woggleman

Not that it excuse anything but they did release DLC that was almost the length of a regular game and was widely praised plus was in a full playable state.

They knocked it out if the park with Phantom Liberty. To me it was the best SP DLC since the GTA4 expansions.

Trunim

These guys came around with the last couple of patches for CP and made it a decent game (horrible writing though). Only ones I still have hope for in the future together with naughty dog and rockstar. Other past favourites like bethesda and bioware are beyond rescue.

Last edited:

Bojji

Yea and they also don't allow broken games on their platform so.....yea.

Cope

LOL.

You have to be kidding at this point.

And how do know about that record refunds?

You can't even try the game with Sony system so how would you even know if game is bad or not? Cyberpunk is the only game that was allowed for refunds because CDPR said so. I doubt they contacted Sony before announcing that so that's why game was removed, to punish them for what they did not because game was broken.

EDMIX

Not that it excuse anything but they did release DLC that was almost the length of a regular game and was widely praised plus was in a full playable state.

They knocked it out if the park with Phantom Liberty. To me it was the best SP DLC since the GTA4 expansions.
True, but if only that same effort was made on the actual core game day 1.

So if they just let folks know its early access and incomplete in 2020, by 2023 this is not only a GOTY contender, they release with no lawsuit, high praise, no removal from the store etc. So that DLC, is continued development, this game had too many things missing and too much issues for me to see that as an extra, I see it as you are charging people yet again to get the complete thing they paid for, as consider the other updates that occurred that year for that game.

So those updates continue the games development but not the DLC? So it sounds to me like it started in 2019, no different then that part of the game would be worked on then if it just never released in 2020 in the first place, so its cut content as far as I can tell.

So a lot of this is about transparency, as I have no issue with early access, I have an issue when that information is not provided, omitted and company goes out of their way to hide this, including stopping reviewers from showing the game. If they just said it was early access, they could have avoid a lot of this tbh.

LOL.

You have to be kidding at this point.

And how do know about that record refunds?

You can't even try the game with Sony system so how would you even know if game is bad or not? Cyberpunk is the only game that was allowed for refunds because CDPR said so. I doubt they contacted Sony before announcing that so that's why game was removed, to punish them for what they did not because game was broken.

The game got refunded to the point where they had to pay fucking MILLONS back, get the fuck over it man.

^ lolz

afkgaming%2F2021-08%2F79649079-d0e7-4acd-853b-6a2b92797da3%2Fcopium_png.png

We've yet to see any other AAA title since get such a mass amount of refunds to the point of being removed from stores and lawsuits.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/0...th-second-cyberpunk-2077-class-action-lawsuit

Added to ignored so you can cope bud.

Get over it.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Not really, you can fucking buy used right now.... If someone feels its not worth it day 1, they are free to wait for sales or buy used...
And in turn the game devs lose money in the process 🤷‍♂️, thus nothing was solved.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
This is sad. Can't you people see the oppo here with microretardations?

Random glitch pops up in the game. Like your head starts rolling next to your body. To remove it, you pay a small fee, and everyone will be happy :D.

If you want a feature in the game. Like a speaking cat with a concealed machine gun that can sniff out drug houses. Garner enough attention and if let's say 1000+ people pay the price, the devs put it into the game. This way the idea holder gets some money, pepl get their beloved cat and also the devs have some pocket money in exchange.

Last edited:
Hahaha, no. Sony don't have any problem with broken games, they allowed shit ton of them to release and I personally don't know about any game other than CP that was pulled from the store for reasons other than licensing etc. So any other reason for this? CDPR started talking about refunds and Sony don't allow this shit, that's why they pulled it to punish CDPR.

Biggest player in console space still have shit/non existent refunding system but fanboys don't care.

It's not about being a fanboy. I don't care about refunds on any platform because I do my research before buying games in the first place.

Buying games on impulse then expecting a retailer to freely refund it simply because you don't like it is entitled as fuck.

You don't get that in literally any other consumer product sector.

Honestly, try walking into a car dealership and telling them you want a full refund on the car you just bought simply because you don't like how it drives. You won't get shit.

Dude, whoever "lost trust" in CDPR due to the Cyberpunk launch hasn't done their history lesson.

Always amazes me how people look back to The Witcher 3 with rose-tinted glasses while crapping on Cyberpunk. The two games were similar in so many levels in terms of polish and execution.

Larian recently released their 22nd "hotfix" patch for Baldur's Gate 3. Gamers are not exactly consistent in their criticism.

Bojji

True, but if only that same effort was made on the actual core game day 1.

So if they just let folks know its early access and incomplete in 2020, by 2023 this is not only a GOTY contender, they release with no lawsuit, high praise, no removal from the store etc. So that DLC, is continued development, this game had too many things missing and too much issues for me to see that as an extra, I see it as you are charging people yet again to get the complete thing they paid for, as consider the other updates that occurred that year for that game.

So those updates continue the games development but not the DLC? So it sounds to me like it started in 2019, no different then that part of the game would be worked on then if it just never released in 2020 in the first place, so its cut content as far as I can tell.

So a lot of this is about transparency, as I have no issue with early access, I have an issue when that information is not provided, omitted and company goes out of their way to hide this, including stopping reviewers from showing the game. If they just said it was early access, they could have avoid a lot of this tbh.

The game got refunded to the point where they had to pay fucking MILLONS back, get the fuck over it man.

^ lolz

afkgaming%2F2021-08%2F79649079-d0e7-4acd-853b-6a2b92797da3%2Fcopium_png.png

We've yet to see any other AAA title since get such a mass amount of refunds to the point of being removed from stores and lawsuits.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/0...th-second-cyberpunk-2077-class-action-lawsuit

Added to ignored so you can cope bud.

Get over it.

We have never seen another game getting delisted from PSS because they don't have real refunding system, so how will people "send the message"? Cyberpunk is the only exception to this, and look how It remained on all other stores (including ones with working refund system like Steam) and only Sony was super salty. But you blocked me so whatever, lol.

It's not about being a fanboy. I don't care about refunds on any platform because I do my research before buying games in the first place.

Buying games on impulse then expecting a retailer to freely refund it simply because you don't like it is entitled as fuck.

You don't get that in literally any other consumer product sector.

Honestly, try walking into a car dealership and telling them you want a full refund on the car you just bought simply because you don't like how it drives. You won't get shit.

In Europe you can return almost anything within 14 days when you buy things online, this of course includes physical games. In theory you can complete the game and return it.

That's the law, this model for products like games can bu used in scummy way by some consumers.

On the other hand on ps store you have absolute zero options for that (other than buying something by mistake and returning it before downloading) but steam shows the way how it should look, with some limited time to try the game. With digital games you are literally wasting money on something that isn't yours, you can't sell it etc. Option to return it if game sucks or is broken etc. Would be NICE.

Journalists often over hype games and don't mention all flaws so for example you can buy DD2 and think that it's amazing in all aspects and then you see that terrible performance that wasn't mentioned to you by reviewers...

Last edited:
In Europe you can return almost anything within 14 days when you buy things online,

Definitely not nearly anything.

this of course includes physical games.

Lol, no. Unless the original shipping packing is fully intact... Meaning you haven't even opened it.

In theory you can complete the game and return it.

Lol, no you can't. Stop spouting bullshit.

Bojji

Definitely not nearly anything.

Lol, no. Unless the original shipping packing is fully intact... Meaning you haven't even opened it.

Lol, no you can't. Stop spouting bullshit.

In Poland I can return anything, opened or not - I have returned clothes, tvs, GPUs and other things. I have never returned the game but looking at store that I bought it, typical option for refunds is there.

Top Bottom