• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 15: Championship Week - Cool as Nacho Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
The day will come when Mark Richt will have left Georgia of his own volition, will be coaching some other school in the playoff, and Enron will be angry at Georgia's new coach, Lane Kiffin, after yet another 5-7 year.

Mark Richt is never going to be coaching another school in the playoff. He's had top 5 talent all these years, in a top state for football talent, with near unlimited money and quality of facilities. If he can't do it here, it's not happening.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Mark Richt is never going to be coaching another school in the playoff. He's had top 5 talent all these years, in a top state for football talent, with near unlimited money and quality of facilities. If he can't do it here, it's not happening.
No indoor practice facility.

What the heck is a fossil watch and why is nearly every bowl giving one.

Also, a lot of bowls giving gift cards (good). Some only giving athletic gear and fossil watches (not so much).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Apparently, can't go over $550, so assume there are a handful of things that might not be on the list (and equals out to $550). Or they're bowls that can't afford $550 x 85 or however many players.

Interesting thought, can players receive gifts a 2nd time (for being in the Championship game), or are they limited to $550 for the year.

Enron

Banned
What the heck is a fossil watch and why is nearly every bowl giving one.

Also, a lot of bowls giving gift cards (good). Some only giving athletic gear and fossil watches (not so much).

Fossil is a watch/leather goods brand. Their watches are quartz watches whose movements are turned out by a couple of garbage cheap chinese factories for like 5 bucks apiece, put inside a watch case with fossil stamped on the dial and then sold for like 100.

andycapps

Our facilities are a bit behind, my friend. McGarity and the penny pinchers on the board of regents have fought an indoor practice facility off for years until they couldn't anymore.

Fossil is a watch/leather goods brand. Their watches are quartz watches whose movements are turned out by a couple of garbage cheap chinese factories for like 5 bucks apiece, put inside a watch case with fossil stamped on the dial and then sold for like 100.

hey mate, I own a Fossil watch and its pretty good quality, went about 12 years before I had to change the battery.

I wear a Fossil watch. The glass chipped recently so I need to take it by the Fossil outlet to get it repaired soon.

Same, drunk walked into a stone wall and scratched the face!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
:lol at Holtz and Galloway getting into it, over whether a new coach should step in and coach the bowl game (or leave it to the interim coach), and how that affects any "star players who are Seniors/on their way out."

Piggus

My previous Fossil watch was a tank. I swap between a D&G Central Park, Giordano, and Stuhrling Original automatic now though. I like watches but can't justify spending more than $150 for something supposedly a lot nicer than what I have.

Enron

Banned
hey mate, I own a Fossil watch and its pretty good quality, went about 12 years before I had to change the battery.

That's great that it lasted that long, but it doesn't change the fact that its the same 5 dollar insides as any timex or any other quartz fashion watch. Most of these watches get the movements from the same 2 or 3 companies in china and then just assemble the pieces.

jjasper

This is how they get a good bowl record.

They pick for matchups that seem favorable.
It's a benefit but really had to do with Auburn always being shady and doing under the table shit to getting picked by better bowls than they should have. SEC stepped it and picks who goes where now for the mid tier bowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom