• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Chemical attack' in Syria kills at least 58 people

Status
Not open for further replies.
and like always the same routine will occur

1. Not Buying it (Images are fake)
2. What about... blah
3. NO it was the rebels because.... because I say so
4. NO PROOF
5. Assad is the only alternative
6. Nothing will happen and people will get more annoyed at more refugees coming to their countries

Rinse and Repeat

I can't believe there are as many Assad defenders as there are on GAF.

Cyanity

Banned
The human race doesn't deserve to travel the stars.

Sometimes I hope global warming will end us before that happens. And then I get depressed. And then I go back to playing videogames.

Something doesn't add up here.

Why would the Syrian army use chemical weapons that would only kill 58 people when a barrel bomb could probably kill more with less political fallout.

Who gains from the use of chemical weapons??? Assad's opponents would gain way more from this than he would.

Doesn't make sense.

LMAO you guys have no clue how military decision making actually works.

BajiBoxer

Banned

Why would the Syrian army use chemical weapons that would only kill 58 people when a barrel bomb could probably kill more with less political fallout.

Who gains from the use of chemical weapons??? Assad's opponents would gain way more from this than he would.

Doesn't make sense.
If his opponents have chemical weapons, they'd be using it against Assad's forces, not some false flag op. Assad on the other hand stockpiled large amounts of chemical weapons and has used them before. It also wouldn't be the first time he's done something horrible to people without it making strategic sense. I'd say it can be an effective terror tactic, especially when you're also backed by the Russian military.

tdEmnuf.jpg

Pathetic response.

Whompa02

Trump is such an incredible piece of shit...why the politics? Just fucking deal in the present. This is your responsibility now. Take it and improve on it.

Trump will do nothing but blame Obama for this. It will be the only action he takes during this whole mess. Just blame Obama.

No one is stopping Trump from being proactive in preventing an atrocity that could occurred as it has occurred in the past., but hey any chance to attack Obama.

The human race doesn't deserve to travel the stars.

Sometimes I hope global warming will end us before that happens. And then I get depressed. And then I go back to playing videogames.

You get depressed because you have to have some serious cognative dissonance to believe the ENTIRETY of mankind should be wiped out due the actions of a few. If I reduced all of humanity to a single entity that I want to end I too would probably be very depressed.

MUnited83

For you.

Doesn't make sense.
Why am I not surprised that the dude that constantly defends Russian in every thread is going to try to say the Syrian army wouldn't do horrific acts on their citizens? You live in a really interesting alternative universe, i have to say.

SeanC

I'll give it up to Tillerson for a decent and measured response there with his release, especially calling out Russia.

Trump though...does he write his own official releases as well because Christ...fuck off, dude.

Got

Banned
WTF?
This is not an echo chamber where we all agree and pat each other on the back for agreeing with each other.

Questioning things is also good, you know?
Maybe we wouldn't have been sold the Iraqi war based off WMDs if we questioned things?

guys guys, he's just asking questions.

Kolx

https://twitter.com/GebeilyM/status/849339671419269120

What a peace of shit. As if attacking with chemical weapons wasn't enough now they attack the hospital the injured children and women went to. But nah AFP is probably part of the conspiracy let's just believe the piece of shit Alassad.

A 'chemical attack' by the Syrian government in Al-Qaeda territory, documemted by White Helmet propagandists, coming just after the Syrian army has decisively defeated the largest Al-Qaeda offensive of the Syrian civil war?

Yeah fucking right.

Probably just a bomb hitting one of Al-Qaeda's chemical weapons stockpiles. Devastating for the civilians. Hopefully the area will be liberated soon.

Your kind disgust me to no end. Holy fuckin shit at making shit out of your ass with no proof to defend a shitty dictator just because Putin is at his side. and you calling White Helmet "propagandists" after they saved thousands of lives from Putin strikes is really mindblowing.

MUnited83

For you.
WTF?
This is not an echo chamber where we all agree and pat each other on the back for agreeing with each other.

Questioning things is also good, you know?
Maybe we wouldn't have been sold the Iraqi war based off WMDs if we questioned things?
But you don't question shit. You just tout the same shitty propaganda lines over and over.
Hilarious that you talk about echo chambers , seeing the place where you get your "facts".

A 'chemical attack' by the Syrian government in Al-Qaeda territory, documemted by White Helmet propagandists, coming just after the Syrian army has decisively defeated the largest Al-Qaeda offensive of the Syrian civil war?

Yeah fucking right.

Probably just a bomb hitting one of Al-Qaeda's chemical weapons stockpiles. Devastating for the civilians. Hopefully the area will be liberated soon.

is this real life

Ubur is right, everyone does have a side gig in this modern economy!

Pomerlaw

Yeah no, not buying it. The people reporting it, mainly Hadi Abdallah and other local sources have strong ties to HTS, previously Nusra Front (Al Qaeda in Syria) and not to mention Al Jazeera who is vehemently pro rebel, a Qatari and Nusra mouthpiece and lacks any sort of professional neutrality in reporting. This is deja vu, every time they suffer a defeat they orchestrate a propaganda piece to justify their defeat.

HTS launched an offensive last week on northern Hama violating the Asetana COH, while HTS was not a signatory all the FSA groups fighting with it signed the deal. They thought they would surprise the garrison at Hama and take the prized city. Now they're suffering an embarrassing defeat and are looking at saving face.

All the chemical stockpiles the SAA had were destroyed by the UN and the UN is monitoring closely. Why would the SAA drop chemical weapons on an isolated civilian target after they routed HTS when they could've used the chemical weapons last week on massed HTS infantry while the SAA was on the defensive and loosing ground?

Khan Sheykhoun is several kilometeres away from the nearest SAA position, if the SAA wants to enter it, it would take months and hundreds of soldiers dead. If they wanted to wipe the city off the map with gas, they're going to need a lot more than a single payload.

You now what? FUCK YOU. IMMENSELY.

Assad has been using those weapons for a looong time now. He also has been torturing thousands in Syria's prisons. The guy doesn't need any defense. He's a barbaric piece of shit.

Who has been bombing hospitals for months now??!? The rebel's air force?

FUCK YOU

I can't believe there are as many Assad defenders as there are on GAF.

Lol man Sijil a hezbollah supporter/wannabe member who will accuse you of being an al quaeda member/supporter if you disagree. Never be surprised by who you can find on GAF.

Seriously ask him if he supports Hezbollah.

There's little point in engaging with these types of people because they're akin to your hardcore trump supporter who lives in their own reality bubble.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Man Sijil a hezbollah supporter/wannabe who will accuse you of being an al quaeda member/supporter of you disagree. Never be surprised by who you can find on GAF.

Seriously ask him if he supports hezbollah.

The guy is a lost cause, forget him. His narratives are pretty much the party propaganda and what they feed their people. Anything to get out of that inconvenient truth of what kind of horrible shit Assad is doing.

Cyanity

Banned
You get depressed because you have to have some serious cognative dissonance to believe the ENTIRETY of mankind should be wiped out due the actions of a few. If I reduced all of humanity to a single entity that I want to end I too would probably be very depressed.

Hey, in the grand scheme of things, we'll all be gone eventually anyway. I know my thoughts are maybe an overreaction, but it doesn't change the fact that our species is capable of causing so much sadness. I'm still studying to be an aerospace engineer regardless of my opiniom on what humanity deserves in the long run.

opricnik

Banned
This fucking shit should be day 1 page of all websites . FUCKING SHITS WHO DID this stuff i am deeply shamed to being same spicies with these worse then garbage

Jackpot

Banned

Doesn't make sense.

You're literally mimicking a parody of conspiracy theories word-for-word.

Your kind disgust me to no end. Holy fuckin shit at making shit out of your ass with no proof to defend a shitty dictator just because Putin is at his side. and you calling White Helmet "propagandists" after they saved thousands of lives from Putin strikes is really mindblowing.

His avatar is the coat of arms for an ultra-nationalist group accused of war crimes and funded by Russia.

You can find him all the way back in the MH17 thread going "Who gains from this? It doesn't make sense!"

Skyzard

Banned
What's the conspiracy? That they hit a supply of gas that rebels had?

Seems more likely than Assad using chemical weapons, when he can just bomb them.

Automatically pinning this on Assad sounds like propaganda against someone the US wants to remove and was willing to bring a country to civil war to achieve.

What's the conspiracy? That they hit a supply of gas that rebels had?

Seems more likely than Assad using chemical weapons, when he can just bomb them.

Automatically pinning this on Assad sounds like propaganda against someone the US wants to remove and was willing to bring a country to civil war to achieve.

If the rebels have gas, has there been any reports whatsoever of them deploying chemical weapons against Syrian Army troops?
One side was confirmed to have had chemical weapons stockpiles and the means with which to deliver them, that side was the regime.
If there is any chemical weapons deployment and the suspicion must fall upon them, if we're working from a factual basis.

Skyzard

Banned
^
In December 2012, the chemical plant SYSACCO 29 kilometers (18 mi) east of Aleppo was taken by rebel fighters from the Al-Nusra Front. The factory produces chlorine among other chemicals.[8] On 5 November 2014, the Syrian UN-ambassador Bashar al-Jaafari, said "terrorist organizations stole about 200 tons of [chlorine gas] from" the factory.[9]

That's not that far from Khan Sheikhun, and it's been 5 years.

Rebel forces have been supplied weapons by outside forces, they're not using sticks and stones. Syrian soldiers have worn gas masks too.

We don't know what happened, but Assad using chemical weapons doesn't make sense when he has bombs and is being watched carefully.

^

That's not that far from Khan Sheikhun, and it's been 5 years.

Rebel forces have been supplied weapons by outside forces, they're not using sticks and stones. Syrian soldiers have worn gas masks too.

We don't know what happened, but Assad using chemical weapons doesn't make sense when he has bombs and is being watched carefully.

Chlorine is a nerve gas?

Gas masks stop nerve gas now?

Saying "it doesn't make sense because he has bombs" doesn't make any sense, because the entire point of using chemical weapons is that they're more effective than bombs, especially against poorly-funded rebel types who can't afford proper countermeasures.

Skyzard

Banned
Chlorine is a nerve gas?

Saying "it doesn't make sense because he has bombs" doesn't make any sense, because the entire point of using chemical weapons is that they're more effective than bombs, especially against poorly-funded rebel types who can't afford proper countermeasures.

They went after the chlorine gas by targeting the factory, doesn't seem unlikely that they'd go after the other. We already know ISIS can make it too.

Is it more effective than dropping more bombs? Because it's more effective at getting support for an invasion.

I don't know, apparently, yes:

Depending on their type and construction, gas masks can be effective against a wide range of substances, from ordinary dust and pollen to poisonous gases — including nerve gases (such as sarin and organophosphate pesticides) that act on the central nervous system.

Probably useful against their chlorine gas too.

They went after the chlorine gas by targeting the factory, doesn't seem unlikely that they'd go after the other. We already know ISIS can make it too.

Is it more effective than dropping more bombs? Because it's more effective at getting support for an invasion.

I don't know, apparently, yes:

Probably useful against their chlorine gas too.

This attack is a suspected sarin gas attack, not a chlorine gas attack.

That Trump admin statement expressing dual outrage at Assad and Obama over the illegal gas attack is a horrible faux pas they may actually come to regret. You dont condemn the leader of murderous rogue state and a former US president within the space of two paragraphs, that's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom