• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light | Co-op trailer, European Deluxe Edition (PS3/PS4/PC), cross-buy

This looks roughly as interesting as controlling Pikarina in Puppeteer with a second controller.

Interested in playing this as a single player game though.

- Cross-buy for PS3/PS4 is really surprising, not to mention this is coming from Ubisoft. Smart move.

- Really envious of the EU getting this deluxe edition. I would almost consider importing since there is no region lock. However I think whatever extras are bundled into that edition will be pieced out into DLC for others, so I imagine buying the regular version here ($15) plus whatever extra DLC is available will still be reasonably cheap.

- I can see a deluxe edition going for $40 considering all that you're getting. Would be a solid price.

March and April are stacked with games.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Wow, was going to get it on PC but with cross-buy in that's really amazing. Best place to buy is on PSN then.

Tizoc

That Amano artwork sealed the deal. Can I get this off Amazon.co.uk?
...but should I get the PS4+PS3 ver. even tho i'd be the only one playing it, or get the PC ver. which is the one I REALLY want...

Cmagus

That deluxe edition better be coming to North America. If not is there somewhere good online to import this from EU?

RaikuHebi

Banned
Gorgeous Amano artwork.
Holy fuck. I remember saying how good his art would look on this engine. Fucking goosebumps.

Interesting to see a digital download game get a boxed special edition. It'd be cool to have this option for full retail games as well. I know that I'll want MGSV and FFXV special editions but would prefer to not swap discs. I suppose I could just sell the disc and buy the digital with that money though, keeping the special edition stuff.

LiquidMetal14

No Xbox versions for this SKU 'cause of the deal Sony has with Ubisoft?

What deal? Cross buy is nothing Nintendo or MSFT has come even close to.

You're going to have to elaborate as this definitely makes the PSN version the best version to buy automatically.

Omikaru

Cross-buy for PS3/PS4 games really should be the norm going forward. While I have a PS4 and will be playing only on that platform, some of my friends are reluctant to buy cross-gen games on PS3/360 because they don't like the idea of not being able to play it on PS4/Xbox One, should they not finish it (or even start it) in time for them getting their new system sometime this year. Their rationale is they'd rather wait and get the next-gen version later in the year once they have their new console, and the game is in a sale.

This kind of deal is good value for them. Not sure how good value it is for Ubisoft, but I'd assume that 1) very few people would buy the PS3/PS4 versions separately, so they're not losing much (if any) cash, and 2) anyone who was going to hold off buying this until they bought a next-gen console will more likely go ahead and grab this now they know their purchase will follow them to their new console.

At any rate, I'm glad they're doing it. I've been keeping an eye on this game for a while, and I'm actually pretty excited for it. May even grab the Deluxe Edition if it's nicely priced.

mattp

does anyone know more details about the ubiart framework?
could they use it to make games that arent sidescrolling?
a top down or isometric game, like suikoden or something

Kinyou

Cross-buy for PS3/PS4 games really should be the norm going forward. While I have a PS4 and will be playing only on that platform, some of my friends are reluctant to buy cross-gen games on PS3/360 because they don't like the idea of not being able to play it on PS4/Xbox One, should they not finish it (or even start it) in time for them getting their new system sometime this year. Their rationale is they'd rather wait and get the next-gen version later in the year when it's a bit cheaper and they have their new console.

This kind of deal is good value for them. Not sure how good value it is for Ubisoft, but I'd assume that 1) very few people would buy the PS3/PS4 versions separately, so they're not losing much (if any) cash, and 2) anyone who was going to hold off buying this until they bought a next-gen console will more likely go ahead and grab this now they know their purchase will follow them to their new console.

At any rate, I'm glad they're doing it. I've been keeping an eye on this game for a while, and I'm actually pretty excited for it. May even grab the Deluxe Edition if it's nicely priced.
Yep, it's a great way of keeping your customers loyal. It's less likely for someone to switch to the Xbox One when he already owns PS4 games.

Is it clear yet if this was Ubisoft's or Sony's doing? Because it would make more sense if it was Sony paying Ubisoft a little extra and getting crossbuy in return..

LiquidMetal14

Yep, it's a great way of keeping your customers loyal. It's less likely for someone to switch to the Xbox One when he already owns PS4 games.

Is it clear yet if this was Ubisoft's or Sony's doing? Because it would make more sense if it was Sony paying Ubisoft a little extra and getting crossbuy in return..

Sony enables and actively takes the lead with cross buy. They also are obviously encouraging indies to do the same and it's reason I've bought so many. Stealth Inc, Thomas Was Alone, and Guacamelee are just 3 that come to mind.

Muzy72

Banned
Wonder if there'll be a noticeable upgrade from Wii U -> PS4. Wii U is my preferred platform but if the PS4 version is better I want that one. Hopefully we get a Digital Foundry analysis.

daveo42

Banned
Man this game looks fantastic. I want that bundle to come state-side. We only have PC digital available right now through Amazon.

RSB

Banned
Really? I mean, I can see the benefit on Vita but what's the point of having it on PS3 and PS4?
It's nice to know that I can buy a game now, play it on my PS3, and later, when I buy a PS4, have the option to download a better version of that game at no extra cost.

If Strider was cross-buy I would totally buy it now, but it isn't, so I'll wait till a Christmas/Thanksgiving sale, and get it cheaper for the PS4 (as I will already have one by then)

Ubisoft really is killing it with these smaller games. Blood Dragon, CoJ Gunslinger, Child of Light... I hope to see more publishers making more of these small, experimental, "download only" titles. Also more of them should embrace that sweet cross-buy.

But hey man, they gave you $10 off Halo:SA if you bought it on Windows 8, that's the same thing!!!

/s

Hehe. MS really need to get off their ass and look into this.

Really? I mean, I can see the benefit on Vita but what's the point of having it on PS3 and PS4?

Allows me to buy the game cheaper on PS3 than it would be if it was PS4 only? Not to mention it makes sense to not force people to buy the same game across different platforms in the same family.

Lijik

I'll order this deluxe edition if it comes to the US. Hopefully the artbook is cheap to buy online like Raymans Origins' was if it doesnt

ctothej

This looks good but didn't the developers say they were inspired by games like Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger? I don't see any of that here.

I'm really starting to like the "cross buy" feature some of these games are doing. It is one of the nice incentives to go digital in the coming years.

Hehe. MS really need to get off their ass and look into this.

Fully agreed. It's almost laughable how they haven't figured this out yet. Not like there are a lot of examples of cross platform games for them, but there's been a fair few that have been on both Windows Phone and Win8 that charge you for both.

Tu101uk

This looks good but didn't the developers say they were inspired by games like Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger? I don't see any of that here.
The funny thing is that the battle system itself seems like a homage to Grandia's IP Gauge system.

Didn't think this would get a Deluxe Edition. I'm still torn about what to get it on. Might go Deluxe for PC and the double-dip for WiiU if it's good enough.

Wonder if there'll be a noticeable upgrade from Wii U -> PS4. Wii U is my preferred platform but if the PS4 version is better I want that one. Hopefully we get a Digital Foundry analysis.

From the one trailer I saw, it looked like a game that would fit nice with the Wii Remote pointer. I'm guessing it won't support it though. :(

Top Bottom