• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light | Co-op trailer, European Deluxe Edition (PS3/PS4/PC), cross-buy

Still looks beautiful.

Like others I would also definitely buy the physical addition for the couple of bonuses if they offer it in the US.

The Jason

Looks great. This will be my next game after FFX/X-2 HD.

I'm glad it is cross buy too because I'm getting it on PS3

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Was excited for the poster until I realised it will almost certainly be folded, which means dreaded seam lines :(

TheChaos0

Amano art... please Amano-san stop being so awesome.

Shame there's no Vita version...I guess remote play is there.

I was going to pick this up later but depending on how much the deluxe box is, I might get it.

That Amano poster is something sweet. I'll probably just buy it off of PSN come April, but I'm very tempted by that special addition for the poster alone.

_Clash_

Wonder if there'll be a noticeable upgrade from Wii U -> PS4. Wii U is my preferred platform but if the PS4 version is better I want that one. Hopefully we get a Digital Foundry analysis.

The Ubiart engine that this is based on is the same as the Rayman legends/ Origin engine.

Would suggest to me it will look identical on all platforms as those games did.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
But wait, we should be able to play it one the PS Vita over Remote Play on the PS4, right? And it's a JRPG, so no quick reflexes necessary. So basically it's Off-TV, which was the only reason I wanted to get this on the Wii U.

If its 60 fps then it will be 30 fps with remote play but the full 60 with off-tv play

This game looks absolutely incredible. The art style and animation blows me away entirely.

Am also glad to see more games using this framework as I'm currently in love with Rayman Legends on the PS4. More, please.

So this game could be a good fit for the Wii U in co-op. Any word on if you can use the gamepad touchscreen to control the reticule character?

Shin-Ra

Cross-Play's especially useful if you're looking for a PS4 right now but don't want to wait to start playing this. Hopefully no load times on the larger memory capacity platforms.

I liked the atmosphere better in this trailer than the last but I'm still concerned it'll be light-hearted to a fault.

Wotanik

Banned
Day 1. Looks like Child of Light is my middle game between inFAMOUS and Watch_Dogs or #DRIVECLUB. I hope that Deluxe pack isn't too expensive, it's so pretty.

Wow this game looks beautiful. I'm tempted to buy it just to experience the visuals.

Hope we see more of Valiant Hearts soon as well. I was more interested in that one.

zeopower6

That would be ideal but special editions usually fold their posters to fit in the box, which looks to be the case here if the promo image is representative of the complete packaging.

Would be a shame if it were folded. :( Whenever I've gotten posters, they were rolled, but they were also not as big.

Anyway, it seems that Japan is also getting the Deluxe Edition?

Mr Git

That's actually a very nice looking special edition. Still doesn't seem to be any UK retailers listing it though so no idea how much it'll cost.

SaintR

Completely forgot about this game. I would buy it for the Amano artwork alone, it being a good game be damned.

Exentryk

Here is the Amano Artwork in higher res

THi46xA.jpg

sflufan

Banned
Between this and Valiant Hearts, I have a growing appreciation for Ubisoft's willingness to fund "risky" projects that are largely subsidized by its big annual franchises.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
South Park The Stick of Truth doesn't. But that one could just be an outlier due to its specific publisher misadventures.

When it comes to the matter of Uplay integration there's a distinction to make between internal Ubi titles and external Ubi titles: with the former, Uplay is mandatory as per corporate policy, whereas with the latter developers are free to choose even though Ubi is footing the bill. This is why, for example, Might & Magic X uses Uplay but M&M: Clash of Heroes, developed by Capybara, does not (Steamworks).

injurai

Banned
When it comes to the matter of Uplay integration there's a distinction to make between internal Ubi titles and external Ubi titles: with the former, Uplay is mandatory as per corporate policy, whereas with the latter developers are free to choose even though Ubi is footing the bill. This is why, for example, Might & Magic X uses Uplay but M&M: Clash of Heroes does not (Steamworks).

is CoL internal or external then?

and isn't uplay only on the PC or is it on the console titles?

Replicant

Wow, first non Sony and non indie crossbuy game :)
Well done Ubisoft.

Ubisoft is rewarding PS4 buyers for making AssCred 4 one of the best selling titles on the console.

Deluxe Edition is also only for PS3/PS4/PC. On top of being only available in Europe.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
is CoL internal or external then?

The former. It's developed by Ubi Montreal.

and isn't uplay only on the PC or is it on the console titles?

The client itself is exclusive to the PC/Mac but there is some light integration in console titles, similar in nature to Steamworks in Portal 2 PS3.

wouwie

Beautiful trailer with great music. The game seems to have a good amount of platforming. I'm not into RPG games but i will buy this anyway. I want to show my support for "smaller" games like this from big companies like Ubisoft.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Wait, but the physical edition doens't have any disc? mmmhh...
Do we know the price of the deluxe, compared to the price of the DD?

Top Bottom