• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child of Light review embargo ends April 28th

fantomena

I don't know where to paste this (tried in a trailer thread, but did not seem it got much attention) so I try here to make a new thread.

Child of Light review embargo is set to Monday April 28th @6pm GMT+1

D

Deleted member 286591

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait. One of my most anticipated release right there. Only hoping the game won't be too short.

ograbme.jpg

phanphare

Banned
this game is one of the increasingly rare instances where I became more hyped for the game as I saw more footage of it. went from wait and see to insta-buy day 1.

jacobeid

Banned
Glad to see an early embargo, but unless this game is universally panned (and it won't be given the previews) they've already sold a copy to me.

I'd be fine with an 83 metacritic.

I wish it was more like the art style in the game.

I saw the last trailer and it looked awesome. The artstyle by Yoshitaka Amano is amazing but i dont know how expensive/risky it would be to have such a artstyle troughout a game.

We as oldschool RPG fans would love it. But people who havent seen the artstyle of FF before Final Fantasy 10 are not familiar with it.

iratA

Got the Digital Deluxe Pre-order on this one which includes a physical mini art book among a few other little trinkets. Loved the look of this one ever since its first reveal.

batbeg

I saw the last trailer and it looked awesome. The artstyle by Yoshitaka Amano is amazing but i dont know how expensive/risky it would be to have such a artstyle troughout a game.

We as oldschool RPG fans would love it. But people who havent seen the artstyle of FF before Final Fantasy 10 are not familiar with it.

Uh... I don't know how to tell you this but I think he only did that promoting piece?

Edit ignore me I'm drunk and can't read in context

LiK

Unless the gameplay doesn't measure up, I can only expect awesome reviews from this. Man, what a gorgeous looking game.

Grisby

I think I've moved into the buy day 1 camp. They had another preview on the X1 and it looks gorgeous. Now to decide what platform I'm gonna pick it up on.
Yeah, it's an RPG/playable poem from the Creative Director and Lead Writer of Far Cry 3, with a battle system inspired by Grandia.
Scrolled by way too fast and read Godzilla.

Now I'm wondering what a battle system inspired by Godzilla would be like.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'm definitely waiting for the reviews for this one... it looks nice, but a lot of times with western games in a more traditional Japanese style (and well, western RPGs too), the balance is all out of whack. Super simple combat with occasional insane spikes in difficulty.

Don't know why I didn't think this was coming to X1 yet. Maybe I was thinking of Vita. I'm still not sure what platform to get this on.

Gestault

Am I missing something? I saw last night that it was up on the PS4 marketplace, and almost bought it, but wanted to see some reviews. It's still available to buy, but the store displays "Released Apr 29, 2014."

Am I a wizard?

j2oNNq7SMkiaW.png

No step in my process describes it as a pre-order.

jpVDuoGKn4mYP.png

Still no mention of pre-order....?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Am I missing something? I saw last night that it was up on the PS4 marketplace, and almost bought it, but wanted to see some reviews. It's still available to buy, but the store displays "Released Apr 29, 2014."

Am I a wizard?

j2oNNq7SMkiaW.png

It says it's a pre-order and it will be unlocked on April 29th when you click add to cart. There's a pop-up window with "confirm" and "cancel." It did for me just now, anyway.

Gestault

It says it's a pre-order and it will be unlocked on April 29th when you click add to cart. There's a pop-up window with "confirm" and "cancel." It did for me just now, anyway.

I triple checked for myself, still no mention. A friend may have solved it. Try adding it from the front page instead of the product page. Does it give you the message?

Am I a wizard?

j2oNNq7SMkiaW.png

If you add it from the front page of the SEN store it just adds to cart. If you add it on the games description page you get this:

oZqvYQy.png

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I triple checked for myself, still no mention. A friend may have solved it. Try adding it from the front page instead of the product page. Does it give you the message?

Oh you're right. Someone fucked up.

In any case, I think we both know what's going to happen if you complete that purchase.

Top Bottom