• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China's days as 'world's factory' are over, iPhone maker says (Foxconn)

Tesseract

Banned
Whoever fires an atomic bomb first wins
NerfE27.gif

(dis a fucking joke)

(or is it)

Hudo

Trump's policies have nothing to do with this development of Chinese society. This has been inevitable as the country gets more wealthy, costs rise because the average living standards rise (for people in the cities at least...).

Well this just means that they developed as a country. I believe it goes something like this agriculture, then it moves to industry and once it's a fully developed country then it starts to move from manufacturing into services. I don't think it has anything to do with tarrifs.

Last edited:
Good.

China has been a bad actor for years. If it wasn’t for Nixon establishing normalcy with the Chinese decades ago, they’d still be a country of rice paddies and famine.

China is screwed. They’re surrounded by nations that don’t like them and a lot of manufacturing and investment is popping up in Vietnam, Malaysia, Philippines, Cambodia, Laos, etc.

China is a bully in the region.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Good stuff. It really hasn't even been that long since Trump started putting the pressure on them. If we keep it up, some real change might be made.

Unfortunately, I'm guessing Biden is going to get in office and the globalists will revert things back to where they were, accelerating China's rise.

Trump's policies have nothing to do with this development of Chinese society. This has been inevitable as the country gets more wealthy, costs rise because the average living standards rise (for people in the cities at least...).
Thanks for the update Mr. Xi
images

Last edited:
Top Bottom