• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare |OT| My battle cry brings all the boys to the yard

AEREC

Totally getting this if it wins the community choice. I voted for it but im sure terraria will win instead.

satori

My friends and I are having such a blast with this game. Holy shit at laughing this it hurts with this. I love you Gaf for the recommendation

Eternia

I played a little bit a few days ago when I bought it. While I was dying a lot, it was pretty fun! Public chat however was a downer as I should have expected (I don't play too many multiplayer games). Nothing specific directed at me but people do suck.

Maybe I'll jump in if there's a spot and I'll be the one running at everyone else's blades!

Volotaire

I joined the server today and there was one or two guys using foul language, being abusive and uninviting to other users. I can't remember their names but could I just remind people it's only a game after all.

Oh and more team objective is needed in the rounds.

Overdoziz

Banned
I joined the server today and there was one or two guys using foul language, being abusive and uninviting to other users. I can't remember their names but could I just remind people it's only a game after all.

You mean like GAF people or just in general?

The server is public so it probably wasn't anyone here. I agree that we need some more team objective maps in the rotation.

Nabs

You guys should go through the chivalry map list and pick out maps (with game modes) you guys want. I'll send 'em over to vert.

I can't even launch the game, it says scanning for game updates, oh well. I'll make it one of these nights.

Nabs said:
You guys should go through the chivalry map list and pick out maps (with game modes) you guys want. I'll send 'em over to vert.
FFA on Arena definitely.

Teknoman

Trust me, it wasnt GAF. I recognized the majority of names in there from other games. Just random people acting up. Still fun though.

FFA on Arena is cool yeah. Need more wide scale maps with catapults for team matches.

cluto

Ok, here's some thoughts on the GAF server:

• For the love of fuck, enable autobalance. Team numbers become wildly unbalanced all the time right now.
  • Having a password might be a good idea, or at least when we have a scheduled play session. It doesn't need to be hidden in an email code, just posted in the thread so any GAF users or lurkers can see it.
  • Consider bumping the playercount down a little. It can get laggy and 32 is a lot of people running around, though some people seem to like the chaos. I personally prefer no more than 24 in a match.

Here's what I would recommend for a playlist:
Team Objective on Hillside
Team Objective on Stoneshill
Team Objective on Battlegrounds
Team Objective on Dark Forest
Team Objective on Citadel
Team Deathmatch on Argon's Wall
Team Deathmatch on Moor
CTF on Frigid
CTF on Ruins
FFA on Arena​

I don't know about you guys, but I hate Last Team Standing. This game, like a lot of online games, can be incredibly inconsistent at times which leads to cheap kills and seemingly random deaths. Plus the fact that friendly fire is a constant threat, it makes LTS an extremely punishing gametype. If people want it though, then I'll just suck it up.

And if I had my way, the archer class would be banned. Please understand.

Teknoman

I think I only died from a crossbow bolt when it comes to archers. Kinda awesome to stand on top of something and battle cry while dozens of arrows shot by archers whiz by you. Even more so since most people cant aim :p

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think I only died from a crossbow bolt when it comes to archers. Kinda awesome to stand on top of something and battle cry while dozens of arrows shot by archers whiz by you. Even more so since most people cant aim :p

FFA Turned into a "Hunt Teknoman" for me :p

I second limiting the player count to 24 and enabling password lock when we schedule events. GAF be GAF, we need a place to stomp each other without pubs getting in the way, ya know.

Volotaire

Ok, here's some thoughts on the GAF server:

• For the love of fuck, enable autobalance. Team numbers become wildly unbalanced all the time right now.
  • Having a password might be a good idea, or at least when we have a scheduled play session. It doesn't need to be hidden in an email code, just posted in the thread so any GAF users or lurkers can see it.
  • Consider bumping the playercount down a little. It can get laggy and 32 is a lot of people running around, though some people seem to like the chaos. I personally prefer no more than 24 in a match.

Here's what I would recommend for a playlist:
Team Objective on Hillside
Team Objective on Stoneshill
Team Objective on Battlegrounds
Team Objective on Dark Forest
Team Objective on Citadel
Team Deathmatch on Argon's Wall
Team Deathmatch on Moor
CTF on Frigid
CTF on Ruins
FFA on Arena​

I don't know about you guys, but I hate Last Team Standing. This game, like a lot of online games, can be incredibly inconsistent at times which leads to cheap kills and seemingly random deaths. Plus the fact that friendly fire is a constant threat, it makes LTS an extremely punishing gametype. If people want it though, then I'll just suck it up.

And if I had my way, the archer class would be banned. Please understand.

I agree with all except archers lol. Last Man Standing is ok, I wouldn't mind having it one of the types in the server round.

COmpletely forgot about CTF, I need to replay it again probs today.

vertopci

Autobalance is turned on. I don't know why it's off by default.
Player limit tuned down to 24 players.

No changes in map rotation for the moment.

As someone who used to play tons of Jedi Academy I wish there was some servers where people respected the duels going on This game is tons of fun but I really wish there was an easier way to duel people. I know there is arena servers but I don't see any populated ones in my area. maybe one of those bloodlock mods where only the two people in the fight can hit each other after they challenge one another?

cluto

As someone who used to play tons of Jedi Academy I wish there was some servers where people respected the duels going on This game is tons of fun but I really wish there was an easier way to duel people. I know there is arena servers but I don't see any populated ones in my area. maybe one of those bloodlock mods where only the two people in the fight can hit each other after they challenge one another?

I've played in some FFA servers where people respect the dueling; look for FFA matches with "Duel" in the server name. In those servers you usually initiate a duel with someone by pressing C or bowing, and the other people will leave the two of you alone. The ones who don't will get kicked out pretty quickly. I like it a lot more than the Duel mode because it's faster and less lonely; you'll also enter duels with people when you have low health, which is good practice for normal game modes.

I've played in some FFA servers where people respect the dueling; look for FFA matches with "Duel" in the server name. In those servers you usually initiate a duel with someone by pressing C or bowing, and the other people will leave the two of you alone. The ones who don't will get kicked out pretty quickly. I like it a lot more than the Duel mode because it's faster and less lonely; you'll also enter duels with people when you have low health, which is good practice for normal game modes.

Yes! will definitely look out for those.

*whispering
I still don't have this game and it is still on sale. Make me buy it.

Buy it! So you can hear the thundering cry for Agatha at the start of an Arena FFA.

Buy it! So you can kill three archers with a zweihander - at the same time.

Buy it! So you and one teammate can carry your team as the last warriors in Last Team Standing, fighting off a numerically superior opponent.

Buy it! So that the only other teammate still alive can kill you on accident with his maul.

Buy it! So you can giggle after kicking a squirrelly man-at-arms into a tower of spikes.

Buy it! So you can gasp in surprise when the guy running in front of you gets impaled by a ballista bolt and gets impaled into the castle wall - the one across the map.

Buy it! So you can swear up and down that blocking doesn't work and Torn Banner (developers) is super lame for not fixing their game. (Don't actually do this, I'm serious.)

Buy it! So you can inform everyone around you that you thirst. For Blood.

And lastly, buy it so I can see you on the Not GAF server and give you a proper welcome.

bakeray

Snagged a copy of this today.. just played for an hour. soo much fun.

PS if anyone has an extra copy they'd sell for around the steam sale price, shoot me a PM, friend was looking for a copy.

Top Bottom