• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare |OT| My battle cry brings all the boys to the yard

misterF

Neo Member
Bought this game during the sale and have now spent 30+ hours playing it! The combination of the animations and voice acting also make it incredibly funny. I'm having a lot of trouble defeating spear wielding vanguards as a knight/

Conceptor

Gauging interest for another round of Chivalry inhouses this weekend? Same time, same place, with hopefully some server-side improvements!

I spent a couple hours in there last night and the server was full for a while. It was welcoming to see the server near the top of a latency sorted server browser, so thanks again for hosting!

docbon

A mysterious 1.2 gb update has appeared.

Just tried looking at the forums for some patch notes, but they're down at the moment.

edit: oh shit, character customization patch.

8246A66AA972794EE043D3A5D4F13E21F7CA82E8

A major content update to Chivalry has been released to celebrate 1.2 million copies sold. Details are below:

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/archives/1882

Other changes and fixes:

* Server browser fixes!(Tabs works better, favorites work better, browser now uses the Steamworks library optimally and is less likely to make your router cry, etc)
* Tavern map length reduced to 10 minutes.
* Stamina drain from successfully parrying attacks slightly reduced.
* Vanguard primary weapon knockback values toned down.
* Two-hander flinch duration down from 1.1 to 1.0.
* Special daze duration down from 2 to 1.8.
* Crossbow projectile speeds are lower, and the difference between light and heavy crossbow is less drastic.
* Corrected Bardiche sprint attack being .15 faster than other sprint attacks.
* Flail overhead windup from .55 to .5.
* Heavy Flail overhead windup from .6 to .55.
* Spear slash windup from .425 to .475.
* Spear stab windup from .575 to .6.
* Brandistock slash windup from .45 to .5.
* Brandistock stab windup from .55 to .6.
* Fixed the attack grunt sound sometimes desyncing and playing after a late feint server-side.
* Fixed several map exploits.
* Fixed flinch disabling dodge if it occurs in an attack windup.
* Fixed counterattacks maintaining a parry box and blocking attacks during your counter.
* Fixed movement slow persisting after canceling a bow draw.
* Fixed crossbow forced reload after being hit.
* Fixed rebinding primary attack breaking the scoreboard keybind.
* Fixed some broken assets on various maps (missing collision/textures/etc.)
* Fixed missing Norse Sword icon and Falchion model in weapon select.
* Fixed the furthest target in the archer tutorial being unhittable.
* Fixed peasants spawning with weapons
* Fixed peasant death animations
* Fixed peasant hats turning into helmets when shot off with arrows
* Fixed objective labels (Mason messages were being display for Agatha objectives)

Hey could I get an invite to the GAF group?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/treecubed/

Sent!

I got the new patch, customization is great, however the game crashes almost as soon as I try to join a friend's game or open the server browser. It runs fine at the main menu.

It keeps on giving me the message "UDK.exe" is not responding or something to that nature.

How the hell do you advance past rank 40? I've been at 40 for two weeks now.

I dinged into 41 a week and half ago and it took forever. I have 322 hours played and I typically finish in the top three, for reference. At least you will know the moment it happens because, at level 40, nothing else in the game snatches your attention like ranking up. It drops a big box in the top of the screen and there is some crazy sound that goes off. I did this earlier today and it was glorious. Perhaps one day down the road we could show off our stats, that'd be nice.

i cant win a duel for shit. fuck.
all i can do is stab people in the back while they are figthing someone else. fuckkkkkk

That's not a duel, duder. Play as knight and use the broadsword to practice on parry combos until you get the hang of how the combat system works. Remember - keep calm and parry on.

Genji

Tried out the expansion at PAX. It was interesting in that your team wasn't restricted to one civilization, you could pick either a samurai or a spartan. They had 3 x 3 matches going on and while fun, the game feels like a total conversion of Chivalry, and not an expansion. Still really early on in the development probably, so hopefully that changes and the classes and civs feel very different from the current Chivalry game once the expansion is released.

phaonaut

I put up a 10 player 24/7 Throneroom server called "NEOGAF T H R O N E R O O M LTS". That's just what I'm running for the moment, since that's my favorite map and mode. I can change it to whatever, obviously.

Anybody into small team games want to set up a weekly meetup? I'm up for any suggestions about date and time.

Few weeks late, but I'm interested in this.

I also picked up the deadliest warriors. Having a lot of fun with all the classes. Samurai has great options for balanced play and pirates in groups of 6 or more are impossible to approach.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Is Chivalry supposed to be a surprisingly demanding game?

Because it runs really choppy on my PC and I'm not sure why. What settings should I turn down?

Alric

just started playing this game today. Having so much fun even though I don't fully grasp all the systems yet. Gotta play through the tutorial because hopefully it shows how to do all these other moves and stuff people talk about.

Martian

I'm contemplating on buying the expansion.

Have they made the game more stable/optimised it?
I had to run the game on lowest with lower resolution to get a bareable FPS (and I am not one to notice low FPS)

Also: I know this sound silly, but I wish they had kept the different styles separate. I always liked the fact that, even though it doesn't take itself too seriously, I still feel like I am in a medieval army. With this expansion it looks like 5 different styles fighting eachother.

Malmorian

Bumping this thread due to it being currently on sale at Steam. Is anyone still playing this? Looks like a lot of fun to me, just wondering if there is still any Gaf interest in chopping some people up?

Bumping this thread as this game is still my most played. I go to play new games like Titanfall but always come back to this. Swords>Guns.

Anybody here a regular on the Sneaky Monkeys 50 player server?

In game name/steam: | Praxis |

Top Bottom