• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare |OT| My battle cry brings all the boys to the yard

FinKL

Is this the same Chivalry game that was a free mod for HL2?

It's looking good.

EDIT: Wow, guess I should throughly read through the OT. Pretty much the same people recreated this on the Unreal Engine. Age of Chivalry looks so dated when compared to this

grate

Loved the beta....

Just grabbed a 4 pack, I have two keys available at $18.75 each.

Will accept PayPal... PM me if interested. I will be checking back off and on this afternoon until 8PM EST.

ShaneB

I think Chiv's system works well for the pacing of the game. Fights typically only last a few seconds, as opposed to Jedi Academy, where they can go on for quite a while. Here's a combat breakdown/tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TevnvCS85z0&feature=g-user-u

Really good video, and recommended viewing for all new players. I keep forgetting about the directional parrying.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRR*head falls off*

Was telling ApatheticOne how much I love the audio in this game, everything sounds incredibly brutal in terms of combat, and of course the battle cries are hilarious.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Loved the beta....

Just grabbed a 4 pack, I have two keys available at $18.75 each.

Will accept PayPal... PM me if interested. I will be checking back off and on this afternoon until 8PM EST.
I sent you a PM.

I joined the GAF battlegroup too.

I think Chiv's system works well for the pacing of the game. Fights typically only last a few seconds, as opposed to Jedi Academy, where they can go on for quite a while. Here's a combat breakdown/tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TevnvCS85z0&feature=g-user-u

I was referring more to MBII's style of dueling which is pretty different from base JKA.

That basic and advanced tutorial video(s) was pretty good. A GAF dueling server would be great though. Then we could practice together and stuff.

Lyonaz

Won my first 24 Free For All in Arena. The Zweihander is boss!
Game is amazing. Time flies when chopping off limbs.

Also I hope there will be a Gladiator arena mod.

sflufan

Banned
My first multiplayer kill in this game was a beautiful decapitation strike.

It was such a thing of beauty that it brought a tear to my eye.

feel

Disable Mouse Smoothing
  • Navigate to \Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config
  • Open UDKEngine.ini in Notepad
  • Change bEnableMouseSmoothing=TRUE to bEnableMouseSmoothing=FALSE
Can't find this in the UDKEngine.ini.

The fps cap one was there. Is it maybe in another .ini?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Went through the tutorial and played a full round online as a Vanguard. Somehow managed to come in first place in kills (and almost in deaths, too)! It really is a ton of fun and feels like something I've never played before. I'm glad I picked it up. Seems like there are lots of servers, too.

feel

Can't find this in the UDKEngine.ini.

The fps cap one was there. Is it maybe in another .ini?
It seems like there's a toggle for it in the actual game's options.

I can't get past the archery tutorial, two of the targets seem too far away for my weak ass arrows, how do I get more power behind them? Or is there a technique I'm missing? I've been here for 10 minutes trying all kinds of aiming arcs.

I can't get past the archery tutorial, two of the targets seem too far away for my weak ass arrows, how do I get more power behind them? Or is there a technique I'm missing? I've been here for 10 minutes trying all kinds of aiming arcs.

You have to account for the trajectory deviations at long ranges. Aiming above the target should do the trick. For the farthest target you want the reticule almost completely above the target.

vidcons

Banned
If people are doing another 4 pack, send me a PM please. I am very much down with the money saving head stabbing.

feel

Holy shit this game is amazing!! Can't believe I've never played an online game that recreates medieval combat like this, I'm smiling the entire time! So brutal and fun.

Visuals aren't bad at all, pretty immersive actually coupled with the war shouts and whatnot, and the music that plays occasionally is great too, gets your blood pumping.

You have to account for the trajectory deviations at long ranges. Aiming above the target should do the trick. For the farthest target you want the reticule almost completely above the target.
Could never do it, skipped it, don't think I'll be using the archer much anyways.

Setre

From the other thread:

He must have changed it to be invite only to keep out spammers and scammers. I can invite you. What's your steam account?

My steam account is setre777

So far I still like War of the Roses better but Chivalry is still a fun game. Wish there was a way to completely disable audio though, it only let's me set everything to 10% instead of 0%. As for why I'd like to turn off the awesome audio its because I generally catch up on podcasts while playing multiplayer games.

androidcandy

Neo Member
Had fun playing with some gaffers Indigo was dominating :D Still trying to get better with archer, it's pretty fun but some maps are hard to survive as archer no good snipe spots and what not.

ShaneB

Had fun playing with some gaffers Indigo was dominating :D Still trying to get better with archer, it's pretty fun but some maps are hard to survive as archer no good snipe spots and what not.

Great games! :)

I'm starting to realize I'll probably spend most of my time in Last Team Standing. Team Objective is definitely fun for a change of pace, but the objective balance just seems all over the place, and some games take way too long :(

feel

So much fun kicking someone off an edge of the castle/city wall into the sea below haha.

Or just running towards an objective through the smoke with a bunch of people while a bunch of arrows whistle by, feels so engrossing, I ADORE THIS GAME!

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Are there any circumstances where kills don't count toward unlocking a weapon? I've been doing just fine trying to unlock the second halberd on my vanguard, but when I logged on today not all of my kills were counting toward it, and I'm certain they were 100% my kills, and not assists.

Enco

Reminds me of Mount & Blade: Warband.

Graphics look impressive but a lot of it looks janky. Not too bothered coming from Warband though.

Might check it out some more.

OT is a bit extreme, but there is never anything wrong with too much info.

I've been playing this all night with a few Gaffers, hit me up on Steam people, if you wanna join the mumble and play with us.

Steam Id: Krappadizzle

I'm starting to realize I'll probably spend most of my time in Last Team Standing. Team Objective is definitely fun for a change of pace, but the objective balance just seems all over the place, and some games take way too long :(

Great games last night. What a fun fucking game this is. I'm every bit surprised that I was at the top for kills in that one round. Not sure how long it's been. Most likely since before counter strike 1.6 and prior. Either way, the game is so much more fun than during the few beta matches I played. Strange. Will most likely be playing tonight as well!

I'm also really glad they implemented third person view. It helps in some cases, and doesn't look half bad either. The game really is a fine looking game. There is one level in particular that has a throne room area inside the castle with incredible detail in the ceiling and walls.

Holy Shit at the OST. The Soundtrack at the starting menu, which if you let keep running, builds into such an insane crescendo it's not even funny. It's damn good. Really damn good.

Great games with GAF last night! Can someone hide the Mumble server that GAF is using in a post?

After everyone but android left, I ended up as the King on the "Protect the King" objective and we almost survived the entire objective. I've never seen this one go that long before. I felt terrible because I got killed with only 15 seconds left. They made a final push and I got completely surrounded after most of our team got wiped. Everyone was like, "WTF"... I felt terrible. :/

For some reason the servers I played on last night didn't have any of the "Elimination" maps in the Team Objectives rotation which is basically Last Team Standing. I like having them in the rotation because it mixes things up a bit.

I did want to play some LTS last night but didn't get a chance to.

Edit: I sent group invites to those that asked for them. If you're logged into the Steam client it should show up in Community as a public group and you should be able to join, but it appears as a private group (invite only) when viewed from the web. It seems like other people have this same issue. Weird.

Edit: I sent group invites to those that asked for them. If you're logged into the Steam client it should show up in Community as a public group and you should be able to join, but it appears as a private group (invite only) when viewed from the web. It seems like other people have this same issue. Weird.

Did the same to me. Viewed from the web, showed private. Looked for gafcmw through the actual Steam client, showed public.

I go out last night, and THEN you guys have a C:MW night! Looking forward to catching the next one!

Top Bottom