• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Seavor (Conker)'s Rusty Pup coming to Switch, canned for Wii U, 3DS still "yes"

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...pup_confirmed_for_switch_wii_u_version_canned

On the Switch version:

We're looking to have everything done on the PC side by September or so, the Nintendo Switch side of things depends on when dev kits become available. As you can imagine there's a lot of people wanting them and I can't imagine little indies like us are too high on the list. We'll see.

On the Wii U and 3DS versions:

I'd pretty much back-burnered the Wii U in terms of dev for a while now because of the cost to develop on something that was increasingly seen as a dead end system. Along comes the Switch, hopefully reinvigorating Nintendo's home console market. It all dovetails nicely. Switch is pretty much a defo, just not sure when. 3DS is dependent on resources and time issues but currently a yes. Wii U, nah.

There's more in the link above.

So Rusty Pup follows in Yooka-Laylee's footsteps and moves from Wii U to Switch. I'm fine with that! :)

@MUWANdo

Banned
How long has this game been in development, now? It's been years and I still don't really know what it even is.

Pity Nintendo hasn't shipped a dev kit even now. The secrecy surrounding dev kits really seems to have hampered the lineup for the first year - there were major publishers who didn't even know what the NX was back in May!

Femto.

I've been wanting for this to release so it can was the bad taste this left in my mouth.

conker.0.png

Pity Nintendo hasn't shipped a dev kit even now. The secrecy surrounding dev kits really seems to have hampered the lineup for the first year - there were major publishers who didn't even know what the NX was back in May!

I don't think we can say that for sure. Some NDAs mean devs have to deny even knowing about certain things

@MUWANdo

Banned
Why haven't indies received dev kits?

Many indies have but they're the ones that were already tight with Nintendo and were proactive about getting them.

It must also be said that Nintendo of Europe seems to have been more forward in providing kits to indies; the vast majority of indies already committed to Switch are Europeans.

Top Bottom