• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Odyssey | GDC 2024 Trailer (PC/PS5/XBSeries)

CamHostage

Product Description:

Chrono Odyssey, A Next-generation Action MMORPG
Game features include awe-inspiring visuals powered by Unreal Engine 5, a vast and intricately designed seamless open world, dynamic action-based combat mechanics based on time manipulation and extensive customization.

Seamless Open World
A seamless and unrestricted exploration of any terrain is offered by Chrono Odyssey thanks to its open world concept. It also features many different biomes, including grasslands, snowlands, swamps, and more. The adventure through the world of Chrono Odyssey offers much to explore.

Chronotector
A “Chronotector” is an artifact which allows players to stop time around monsters or rewind a character's time, enabling more dynamic combat. You can explore past generations of the open world before environmental and historical events made sweeping changes to the land of Chrono Odyssey.

Dungeons & Raiding
Party up and clear a variety of dungeons! Chrono Odyssey’s end content features challenging dungeons and raids. If you’re strong enough, you might even be able to clear these formidable dungeons and raids on your own. You can also look forward to getting rewards for clearing dungeons, group dungeons, and PvP content.

Meaningful Harvesting and Crafting
Progress and improve the in-game economy by participating in lucrative activities within Chrono Odyssey's vast open world. This includes harvesting, logging, mining, and skinning. You can craft valuable equipment and consumables by acquiring resources from these activities. Additionally, these gameplay elements will foster social interaction and a sense of community, as you engage in trade and collaboration with other players.

Character Customization
Customize your character and express your individuality. Characters can be personalized with a wide range of options, including gender, body types, facial features, hairstyles, makeup, scars, and much more - all up to your unique preferences with a high degree of freedom.

A few of the screens (more on Steam)

9bXxlUa.jpg

Y0FNssP.jpg
IbcuHXr.jpg
hEjv50J.jpg

Last edited:

Superkewl

Gold Member
Saw this trailer earlier today and thought it looked really cool and gave it a thumbs up, but now learning that this is a Korean MMO, I have pretty much already forgotten about it.

Metnut

Ran here to see if I somehow missed there was a new Chrono Trigger game. Bummer it’s not the case.

Maybe for better. Knowing gamers these days, new Chrono Trigger would get 95 metacritic and sell like only 2 million copies.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
looks like your generic korean MMORPG that will grind you to death

CamHostage

Fuck this thread. :/ Shoukd be in title to thread (not that Chrono).
Same. Came in here like a bat out of hell.

I get that there's still a passion burning there, but... really?

There likely will never be another sequel to Chrono Trigger/Break. (Especially now that it's 30 years after the original, and now that Toriyama is dead and everybody involved is to the four corners of the world.) They also didn't make it back when they founded a studio, Square Enix RPG Factory, to specifically to make games inspired by Chrono. (RPG Factory closed this year.) A game like this certainly wouldn't be a project announced at an event like GDC, if it were to ever happen. And the way things are going, it probably would not launch on Xbox Series...

I mean, come on, if you're still coiled up anticipating a SNES sequel all this time later, then you're probably old enough to have lived through the whole Chrono Crusade rollercoaster. Wouldn't you have learned your lesson back then?

market_sd.jpg

Arachnid

I get that there's still a passion burning there, but... really?

There likely will never be another sequel to Chrono Trigger/Break. (Especially now that it's 30 years after the original, and now that Toriyama is dead and everybody involved is to the four corners of the world.) They also didn't make it back when they founded a studio, Square Enix RPG Factory, to specifically to make games inspired by Chrono. (RPG Factory closed this year.) A game like this certainly wouldn't be a project announced at an event like GDC, if it were to ever happen. And the way things are going, it probably would not launch on Xbox Series...

I mean, come on, if you're still coiled up anticipating a SNES sequel all this time later, then you're probably old enough to have lived through the whole Chrono Crusade rollercoaster. Wouldn't you have learned your lesson back then?

market_sd.jpg
No ones anticipating an announcement man, but you can hardly fault fans for being excited at the thought. If it happens, sweet. If not, there are other games to play these days.

Top Bottom