• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines - Console Version |OT| Straight to your living room!

When I'm starting game I can pic a city zone but not where I want my first grid. It's seems like a tutorial. Do I need to finish that then the game opens up where I can pick where on the map I want my city to start.

How do I finish it? It's seems to never end.

The first square your city occupies will just be the middle square of a 3x3 grid. Once you build up your city some you'll get notifications that new plots of land are available. They seem to come fairly fast, I never had a problem with running out of room or anything before I was able to purchase more. You can buy whichever part of the map you want after that as long as it shares a border with a plot you already own (no diagonals).

Man starting can be the hardest part. Spent many hours today starting over trying to get goin while at same time having good expenses and budget. I'm finally getting it down now I believe so time to start over and make the city I want.

It's so much fun. There's so many ideas in my head of what I want my city to look like.

Btw this game is sooo relaxing to play, it may sound crazy but it really helps my anxiety.

I thought this was going to be physical? I have yet to see this at Best Buy.

For some reason this looks to be a Gamestop exclusive, at least for right now. On their website it says “Only at GameStop” when selecting the physical release.

Let’s hope it’s released elsewhere sooner rather than later.

bman94

For some reason this looks to be a Gamestop exclusive, at least for right now. On their website it says “Only at GameStop” when selecting the physical release.

Let’s hope it’s released elsewhere sooner rather than later.

Ugh, didn't know that. Was gonna use my GCU. Probably just buy it digital then.

WeTeHa

Started my first city yesterday, made it to 95k so far. I'm making quite a bit of money. My biggest problem seems to be my train tracks system, my commercial and residential trains are running on the same network...
Next time i will build separate networks, that should help.

Unlocking all those special buildings is gonna be a bitch.

Edit: made it to 160k. City growth is ridiculously slow.
Have almost 10 million in cash and fixed all my traffic problems. I unlocked all buildings except the one with 15k kids in school and 30k squares of industry.

Pachimari

I know this is the console thread, but this seems to be the active one, so I'll try ask for help here.

I'm building my first city in Cities: Skylines. New Copenhagen, and it's not going too well. I barely built anything and I already ran out of money and so I can't build anymore water pipes or electrical grid, so I guess that's that, and I have to start over with a new city, since I can't take a bank loan.

Do you have any beginner tips, for someone who ran out of money mere minutes into the game?

LUxVKzH.jpg

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I know this is the console thread, but this seems to be the active one, so I'll try ask for help here.

I'm building my first city in Cities: Skylines. New Copenhagen, and it's not going too well. I barely built anything and I already ran out of money and so I can't build anymore water pipes or electrical grid, so I guess that's that, and I have to start over with a new city, since I can't take a bank loan.

Do you have any beginner tips, for someone who ran out of money mere minutes into the game?

You can take a loan and raise the taxes to get more money before people leave because they don't get water.

You can also lower some budgets temporarily.

But first of all, take a loan and fix that water problem before people leave, remove those electrical poles squaring your city in the back (if it does not cost you anything), electricity spreads through the ground when there's building, so you don't need them anymore, and they may give you some money back.

Starter tips : don't spread your city, think small at first to avoid the need of plotting long lines and water pipes. Roads cost money too, don't make them too long if you don't need to.

WeTeHa

Hit 200k in my city, with roughly 6 out of 9 squares completely filled. The simulation slows down super hard, speeding up to x3 does basically nothing, it's pretty much the same speed as regular game speed.

Slowly working my way towards 30k industry squares for the Eiffel tower unlock, I unlocked everything else. Currently sitting at 20k. I started zoning more forest and farming industry, as I think they require more space per provided jobs.

Probably the hardest unlock in the game, because you need tons and tons of stupid people in your city. Also, industry generates crazy amounts of traffic (and pollution), so road planning is more important.

Anybody managed to get it yet?

DLaicH

I got the game on PS4 a few days ago, and I'm hooked! Since I was a complete newbie to the game, I thought I might make my first city more of a practice run and that I would start over once I learned the basics. Well, as my city has grown more and more, I've gotten invested in its success, so I'm continuing to build on it.

The biggest difficulty I have in the game is upgrading roads and intersections in existing parts of the city. At the very beginning of the game, I connected basic two lane roads to the starting highway, which of course led to some awkward intersections. As the city started to get a little busier, I upgraded the main road that runs through the center of the city to a 4-lane road (which required me to bulldoze/relocate some things to make room).

Since then, I've made much better highway entrances/exits in other parts of the city, but I'm not sure what to do with those initial awkward intersections from the beginning of the game (which are consistently some of the most clogged), and I dread upgrading that main road to something bigger, because it would mean bulldozing some of the biggest buildings in the heart of the city.

How do you guys handle upgrades like that?

Rick1o1

Does anyone know how to change the names of your districts on console? I can't figure it out for some reason.

When I try to google the answer I can only find how to do it on pc.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Does anyone know how to change the names of your districts on console? I can't figure it out for some reason.

When I try to google the answer I can only find how to do it on pc.

You can do it with the Inspector Tool in District mode, press Y to switch the Inspector Tool mode.

Then you can select a district, it opens the district info popup, there you have a button to rename it and set district policies.

Staf

HAven't played it since launch. I really love it. Saw that consoles is getting a season pass for the DLC. Will buy it no doubt!

Caayn

I'm happy that we finally got some news regarding the missing dlc on consoles and I'm a bit sad that it takes so long for them to release on console.

Top Bottom