• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines - Snowfall |OT| We Build This City on Mods and Poo

Steejee

By the time I get back to playing this a lot it's going to be like playing a sequel. Already getting close to the point where I just ignore mods.

Thorgal

anyone can recommend a vehicle collection assets mod ?

doesn't matter where the cars come from , i want just something different then seeing 200 hotdog cars going through my city :p

Ostinatto

WTF is this bullshit bug? that diagonal zoning in the middle of nothing , cant get rid of it, any ideas guys?

untitledaol20.png

Ranger X

kill the roads and remake roads.
Besides, this would never happen if you would leave just a tiny space between rows of terrains.

Jintor

i'm enjoying mass transit, the integration of several mod tools into the actual game proper + the occasional disaster are really keeping me from abandoning my city after a few hours like i have every other time.

i still have my issues with cities skyline, chief among them that i think it lacks the character of the sims (especially the really good incidental writing) and the way the systems work is that it doesn't encourage a very organic kind of city - there's no need beyond your own desire to craft a city to place things in certain places. But i think i want a completely different game... a kind of game where you 'grow' a city as opposed to 'plan' it. And that's not C:S's problem to fix really.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
and the way the systems work is that it doesn't encourage a very organic kind of city - there's no need beyond your own desire to craft a city to place things in certain places.

Did SimCity really encourage that too? I feel like my approach to both games is still the same, despite the changes in gameplay.

Jintor

Did SimCity really encourage that too? I feel like my approach to both games is still the same, despite the changes in gameplay.

i honestly don't remember anymore, i don't think it did. maybe the closest is Banished but that felt a little too far on that side of things. i dunno if there's a game that's like that just yet.

anyway steadily growing my little city. nothing quite like trying to relieve traffic on your main road by demolishing a massive stretch of houses to jam a bypass in. very hitchhikers guide.

some of the same issues till plague me, like terrain considerations getting in the way of my perfect parallel highway. also why isn't there a parallel highway tool yet? I know you can just use guide roads and shit but i just want an easy tool...

spiritfox

i honestly don't remember anymore, i don't think it did. maybe the closest is Banished but that felt a little too far on that side of things. i dunno if there's a game that's like that just yet.

anyway steadily growing my little city. nothing quite like trying to relieve traffic on your main road by demolishing a massive stretch of houses to jam a bypass in. very hitchhikers guide.

some of the same issues till plague me, like terrain considerations getting in the way of my perfect parallel highway. also why isn't there a parallel highway tool yet? I know you can just use guide roads and shit but i just want an easy tool...

Didn't the expansion add a double highway option.

Kabouter

There is so much diversity in personal taste, though.

These are good to start:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=235757572&postcount=1039

I think some of these might not be relevant anymore due to the update.

For Network Extensions 2 this is a real shame, really reduces its value for me, from their to-do list:
"-Fix Ped Road vehicle restrictions (longer term...lots of work)"
Loved that in earlier versions.

Didn't the expansion add a double highway option.

How do I use this functionality?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
For Network Extensions 2 this is a real shame, really reduces its value for me, from their to-do list:
"-Fix Ped Road vehicle restrictions (longer term...lots of work)"
Loved that in earlier versions.

For now, the regular pedestrian paths in the landscaping section work as they should.

How do I use this functionality?

I'm not sure if there's an actual double highway that lets you lay two parallel roads at the same time, but you can use the align to road feature to more easily make aligned roads.

Kabouter

For now, the regular pedestrian paths in the landscaping section work as they should.
Yeah, but they're not zoneable, that's the thing I liked about their roads. Oh well, I'll manage without I suppose.

I'm not sure if there's an actual double highway that lets you lay two parallel roads at the same time, but you can use the align to road feature to more easily make aligned roads.

Yeah, I have used that, would've liked it if there was an actual double highway building functionality though, would make it much easier to make good looking highways.

DKL

I started playing this a lot again and was wondering if there was a way to gauge if something is too far to travel to.

Also, I'm confused about the optimal roads to use to combat traffic and have mostly just been spamming the large 6-lane thing with the trees... but it takes forever for AI to pick up dead people for some reason and I'm not quite sure what's going wrong despite spamming crematoriums all over lol

(it's quite possible that stuff is getting drawn over to my main city even though it's like a million miles away... but I haven't really sat down and followed hearses to see what's going on)

Jintor

Combating traffic isn't about using the best roads, it's more about route planning. If you've got a six Lane road but everyone wants to turn right at the very first turn, you're only going to fill a single lane

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I started playing this a lot again and was wondering if there was a way to gauge if something is too far to travel to.

Also, I'm confused about the optimal roads to use to combat traffic and have mostly just been spamming the large 6-lane thing with the trees... but it takes forever for AI to pick up dead people for some reason and I'm not quite sure what's going wrong despite spamming crematoriums all over lol

(it's quite possible that stuff is getting drawn over to my main city even though it's like a million miles away... but I haven't really sat down and followed hearses to see what's going on)

You can try out the mod traffic manager presidential edition for better vehicle AI.

For your services issue, long distances are a problem because the AI dispatcher doesn't take distance into account. You can use the mod Districts 2.0 to restrict services to the district they reside in.

I can't get a city to open in Cities Skylines...I keep selecting the city and nothing happens. I've spent 20+ hours on the city....FUCK

X1 version

Does anyone know if there's a good fix for the small UI with resolution inferior to 1920x1080? My resolution is 1360x768 and the UI is so small you can't read anything. The bigger font mod doesn't work very well because since the UI is not scaled, the text goes out of bound

norm9

Picked this up for xbox one yesterday and proceeded to play for six hours straight. Took me about three hours on regular speed before I figured out how to speed things up to 3x(?) and then my money started rolling in.

Lots of fun. Easier than SimCity so far. If I need money, I up the taxes until they get mad then I lower it and everyone's happy again. Controls great with the controller. Took about ten minutes to get used to it.

Ostinatto

I forgot how to delete underground roads.

When im in street mode i press page down to enter underground view, but when i hit the bulldozer it goes back to surface view.

Weird thing, after 500 hours playing the game im getting this types of problems xD

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

When im in street mode i press page down to enter underground view, but when i hit the bulldozer it goes back to surface view.

Weird thing, after 500 hours playing the game im getting this types of problems xD

After you select the bulldozer hit the page down key again to get back to underground mode. :)

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member

Since the update Bulldozer has it's own underground mode now, I think the key to toggle underground mode is V. But as said, it's on the UI too in the bottom right when you select the Bulldozer.

I can't believe how blurry this game is.

At first I thought it was just my crappy laptop and having to play on lowest settings at 768p.
Then I built a PC and played at 1080p, still blurry.
I now have a 1440p monitor, and it's STILL blurry.
Yes the in-game settings is set to 1440p. Everything is maxed.

I really want to enjoy the game but the blurry UI is driving me crazy. The terrible aliasing doesn't help either.

This is going to be hugely helpful right now, as I can't browse the Steam workshop, but there are mods that greatly improve the image quality of the game.

Having just released on the PS4 and the box stating PS4 Pro enhanced. Does anyone know what these enhancements are? I tried contacting Paradox on twitter but got no response.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Kind of toying with the idea of picking this up on PS4.
Do we know if they plan on bringing the rest of the DLC over at some point? Or mods?

spiritfox

Kind of toying with the idea of picking this up on PS4.
Do we know if they plan on bringing the rest of the DLC over at some point? Or mods?

I believe there's an interview that mentioned that they want to do it.

Also there's a console thread that's more active right now here

Ranger X

Concerts? lol
So that's where their imagination goes in matter of producing DLC when there's alot of other stuff that could be improved even just with the base game?

oh well...

Pjsprojects

Help needed guys.

Xbox one version of the game is not showing the box that you click on to empty a landfill.
On Youtube all the vids show pc version that has this option.

So how do I empty landfill sites on Xbox one?

Top Bottom