• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

City of Villians... are you in?

Mofo

Hey, was just wondering if there was an offical GAF plan for City of Villians. I jumped on the Liberty server tonight and had a good time. Look for either Commander Ofom or Order 66.

I reactivaed my account it took me all night to get used to CoH/CoV coming from WoW. I got a character on Victory already (I think it's victory) a lvl 25 hero...Wasabi Man loves again.

I didn't get very far as a villian can't pick a archtype.

The reason I can't play CoV? This is what happened to my first character within hours of CoH going live on its first day.

MsBanned.jpg

SaitoH

keeblerdrow said:
The reason I can't play CoV? This is what happened to my first character within hours of CoH going live on its first day.

MsBanned.jpg

Why did you get banned for that name? Am I missing something?

o_O;;

I got banned form the forums and apprently the help desk when I ask why I can't get in the forum. So I'm assuming Canceling and reactivating a year later = BANNED!

ManaByte

I have some friends at work playing it a lot and they want me to jump in. I played the beta a bit and it felt like CoH with a couple new classes. I really want to play a Mastermind controlling Ninjas, which is awesome beyond words and the PVP is based on your characters skills instead of the UBER raid item you spent a week farming for.

But I'm relucant to get into it because after playing D&D Online a lot (with its 100% real time non-turn based combat) and the fact they are doing the same in SWG, I may not have time. But, I'll likely pick it up today and jump on Virtue with my friends and make a Mastermind w/ Ninjas for some PVP :)

SaitoH

Going off-topic here, but you're in DDO beta ... is it good? I know you're under NDA, but nod, wink, or something if it rocks.

=D

ManaByte

SaitoH said:
Going off-topic here, but you're in DDO beta ... is it good? I know you're under NDA, but nod, wink, or something if it rocks.

=D

Yes, there's a NDA.

But.

Real-time combat is the future of MMOs. It's hard to go back to anything else. That isn't specific to DDO, as Guild Wars uses it now and SWG will soon, but DDO does it well.

Pimpbaa

ManaByte said:
Yes, there's a NDA.

But.

Real-time combat is the future of MMOs. It's hard to go back to anything else. That isn't specific to DDO, as Guild Wars uses it now and SWG will soon, but DDO does it well.

How is the real time combat any different than non real time? I have both Guild Wars and WoW, I don't see a whole lot of difference other than the speed of the battles.

ManaByte

Pimpbaa said:
How is the real time combat any different than non real time? I have both Guild Wars and WoW, I don't see a whole lot of difference other than the speed of the battles.

...skill besides just knowing what special attack hotkeys to spam and in what order?

Pimpbaa

ManaByte said:
...skill besides just knowing what special attack hotkeys to spam and in what order?

And how is guild wars any different from that? I mean, I'm doing basically the same thing in wow and guild wars.

Top Bottom