• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization V |OT| of Losing My Religion, And I Feel Fine...

Zinga

Banned
Any civ release is going to be one of the top games of the year. I can only feel pity for the inferior consolites who do not get to taste one of the finest games that we of the PC master race get to play :D
revolution doesn't count

Dynoro

Excellent OP - definitely a day one release for me as I can't wait to try out all the changes and see how well the City States work

Just one more turn...

tehbear

Man I haven't had time to really get through even Civ4 yet... soo late. I am debating on whether I should just skip Civ4 or be ready to play this game in two years time :lol Damn you backlogs.

satori

damn that is a tough call....skipping civ 4. Civ 4 namely the expansion Beyond the Sword is my fav civ game. But man Civ 5 is here. You should play Civ 4 until Civ 5 comes out.

zoku88

Man, it feels like I'm already addicted to this game and I haven't even played it yet. Civ... it's one hell of a drug.

Vagabundo

Ahhh Holy Crap...

I cannot get this game, I have a new baby in the house. No I cant. Pls stopp... pls....

City State said:
Dublin: Militaristic, Friendly

Lol that is exactly what Dublin is like right now.

Not sure why they chose to go with a city state though :D...

LCfiner

I think I'll wait for the Mac port but I'm in for this game as soon as that's available.

I'll be getting the PC demo as soon as that goes up.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Great OP, you should PM a mod to move those post in between. (Sorry guys)

Suairyu

Banned
Great OP! There were a couple of new things listed there I wasn't aware of (always easy when it's Civ).

I'm torn right now about whether or not to pre-order. The price has dropped to £24.99 on all the online sites (minus Steam), but this Sunday I'm leaving for Turkey for two weeks so I won't be playing it. I'm not entirely sure a map-pack is worth paying an early premium considering I won't have early play time; that £24.99 price will be going down fairly soon after release.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
LCfiner said:
I think I'll wait for the Mac port but I'm in for this game as soon as that's available.

I'll be getting the PC demo as soon as that goes up.

civ 4 uses steamplay, since civ 5 is a steamworks game of the gate, the chances of it not being cross compatible when the port is done are pretty small.

Sblargh

Banned
Preloaded! Now, I shall be in panic for having the game in my computer and not being able to play it. :D

They should let us access stuff like the pdf manual and soundtrack. :,(

Wes

venison crêpe
Can't decide whether to preload of get from amazon/play - which is likely to get me playing first?!

In the meantime I'll just change my mind about 50 times about which Civ to first play as.

Davidion

Sblargh said:
Preloaded! Now, I shall be in panic for having the game in my computer and not being able to play it. :D

They should let us access stuff like the pdf manual and soundtrack. :,(

Your fingers look a bit red from slapping that fucking vein in your arm. :lol

alanias

BentMyWookiee said:
I've never played a Civilization game before and I'm curious how easy and/or difficult is it to get into these games? Will it take me hours and hours before I know wtf I'm doing? Or is it pretty straight forward and easy to pick up quickly?

You will be fine, the game has a ridiculous range of difficulty (what is it like 8 or 12 difficulty settings or something?) Just start with the easiest and work your way up. The game has specifically been made to be more approachable than any previous Civ game.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I probably shouldn't admit this, but I wasn't really interested until I read those achievement names and requirements. I think it was My Little Pony that pushed me over. They're just too clever.

I could really go for another Alpha Centauri game too.

pix

I cant even put into words how excited I am for this game. (Well I probably could but I won't). Tuesday cant come soon enough, unfortunately I started work last week =,(

IlludiumQ36

Marvelous OP. Just marvelous.

While I know I will lose many days playing this, I am already anticipating what the modders will come up with for this game. I hope the Fall from Heaven team has something up their sleeve.

markao

Ah the days of one more turn, one more turn, ah just one more turn, this is realy the last turn, bugger it is morning :lol are almost back.

Strange to see Spain get the ax, hope we will see them back trough a add-on/dlc.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Prentice said:
Thinking of buying the special edition. Anyone else picking it up?
I am, mainly because I'm a sucker for art books. If only they had decided to do a hardcover civilopedia instead.

AstroLad said:
I wanna play some gaffers when this comes out. Preferable ones that aren't very good!

(Preloaded of course. Absolutely can't wait, been gobbling up media for the past few weeks, though as I always do with Civ I'm staying away from the civfanatics stuff. Prefer to learn the game myself.)

Oh then you will have some great fun playing me. It will be an orgasm of joy against my shittiness. :lol

XiaNaphryz said:
Shouldn't it be more something like "Gandhi V - More F'ing Nukes" since he's been in all of the games so far? ;)

It's a UHF reference. :D

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Some of those achievements are hilarious.

Finally a game with myriad achievements for LOSING in spectacular fashion! :lol

JoeBoy101

This game easily has the best titled achievements ever. I saw references to Dr. Horrible, 300, Wonder Years, Lonely Island, etc.

Wait, Stockholm isn't neutral? Irrational!? Pff.

I think that everyone at Firaxis should wear silly hats for a week as an apology to the people of Sweden.

Sblargh

Banned
Danne-Danger said:
Wait, Stockholm isn't neutral? Irrational!? Pff.

I think that everyone at Firaxis should wear silly hats for a week as an apology to the people of Sweden.

If you want to appear rational, don't have syndroms named after you.

MjFrancis

I'll probably go with Nobunaga, superhulk Gandhi, or Ramkhamhaeng. I'm really interested in trying Siam and some of the other new civs. Still a little perplexed about the omission of Spain.

I'm preloaded on Steam and ready to play come next Tuesday! I did everything but take a week of vacation. I think I'll just cut into the hours I'm sleeping instead of work. :D

Top Bottom