• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clarkson, Hammond and May sign deal with Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowdive

Banned
qtxG95N.jpg

Former Top Gear trio Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have signed a deal for a show on Amazon Prime. The company is believed to have beaten the likes of Netflix to the show.

Clarkson told the Evening Standard: "I feel like I've climbed out of a bi-plane and into a spaceship." Hammond added: "Amazon? Oh yes. I have already been there. I got bitten by a bullet ant." May said: "We have become part of the new age of smart TV. Ironic, isn't it?"

Vice president of Amazon Prime Video EU Jay Marine said; "Customers told us they wanted to see the team back on screen, and we are excited to make that happen.

"Millions of Prime members are already enjoying our ground-breaking original shows. "We can't wait to see what Jeremy, Richard, James and the team will create in what is sure to be one of the most globally anticipated shows of 2016."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s265...um=snets&utm_campaign=twitter#~pjUG8CpwcPvhaa

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Prime is slowly returning to being worth the premium again. Assuming that this will be "free" on Prime Instant Video, and not just available for purchase/rental on the regular Instant Video service.

Robin64

Huh, really expected Netflix to get this. Kind of wanted that too, given that's where my current sub is and I really can't afford to sub to more than one service.

Still, nice one Amazon, this'll be a nice boost for their service. With Netflix getting a bit worse and Amazon getting better, there may be a personal switch on the horizon.

Walshicus

Makes it easier to avoid them if they're behind a paywall. That said, I was rather hoping Amazon would focus on stuff other than this kind of drivel.

Empty

they need a big attention grabbing, high exposure show for the uk

but it kinda annoys me that they've splurged on something i dislike when i've found their selection to get progressively worse this year (uk)

when the fuck are the big movie studios and NBC/CBS/Fox/ABC gonna get on the internet streaming bandwagon.

They will drag it out as long as possible to maximize their profits before making the jump, not realizing that they are losing ground for the short term profits.

As far as I know, Amazon Prime Instant Videos are not available here, in Finland :/ Sucks, so many good TV series are US exclusive because of these streaming restrictions.

Fox Mulder

neat. I bought new top gear episodes on amazon the last few seasons.

Just hope the budget is good on top of what they likely had to pay for these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom