• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clarkson, Hammond and May sign deal with Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

With my partner and I being big Top Gear fans and her being a Prime subscriber, we're pretty happy with this. Looking forward to see what they get up to.

That said, I'm still pretty annoyed at Clarkson for being such a knobhead and getting let go to begin with. I hope he can control his ego a bit more.

It's going to be topgear in all but name, good on amazon.

This is the possibility I hoped they wouldn't go with. I'm not paying £80 in a lump for prime.

just wait for the bluray or dvd release, i'd prefer that then paying out of my nose for prime i'd use twice a year.

Good for them. The quality of the show's deteriorated over the past few years so I won't be bothering, especially not for 70 quid.

I have a feeling they'll lose a lot of their dedicated audience as well if there's no alternative to the entire subscription. My dad loves Top Gear but I can't see him wanting to pay so much just to watch it.

3rdman

Awesome. Can't wait to see the boys again.

I will miss the BBCs budget, connections, and camera work.

I think its fair to say that they'll be given a pretty good budget to work with and it should be noted that the lead producer is till with them. Camera work and quality is usually a side a effect of a good budget so lets hope they have that to start with.

Amazon Prime is an amazing service that everyone should have. I would take it over Netflix if I had to choose except for the future Marvel stuff.

It will not have the same production behind it. People underestimate just how good the BBC are with that kind of stuff.

Wilman and Clarkson are the driving force behind the Top Gear revamp.

I do love the efforts to diminish how central to Top Gear Clarkson is / was.

Is Amazon Prime even available here in the Netherlands, because Top Gear is huge here but I actually never heard of AP so I think they're missing a pretty big market.

Kinsella

Banned
when the fuck are the big movie studios and NBC/CBS/Fox/ABC gonna get on the internet streaming bandwagon.

They will drag it out as long as possible to maximize their profits before making the jump, not realizing that they are losing ground for the short term profits.

CBS has one.

Ban Puncher

The Independant just put up this article: How to cancel Amazon Prime

YX6ZTJ2.gif

Sec0nd

What production company is going to film this, or does Amazon Prima has some sort of internal studio that will handle it?

Saroyan

I would have rather had it on Netflix since the Amazon interface for finding prime videos is horrible crap, but this is still great news.

Also, I'm laughing at all the Clarkson hate in this thread, salt levels are off the charts.

Firemind

I imagine the show will get sold off to various TV networks globally in the countries Amazon Prime doesn't operate a TV series.

I expect people to moan like hell about that.
This would be the best news. I don't need another subscription service.

Amazon Prime movies/TV is only available in like 5 countries though, right? Lol. Are they expecting the same viewership numbers Top Gear got? It's one of the most wildly watched shows across the world yet only 5 countries as of now will be able to see it? Countries that get BBC programming (a lot) got to see Top Gear and others got it through syndication. It was very easy to watch Top Gear no matter where you're from.

DarkFlow

Banned
Amazon Prime movies/TV is only available in like 5 countries though, right? Lol. Are they expecting the same viewership numbers Top Gear got? It's one of the most wildly watched shows across the world yet only 5 countries as of now will be able to see it? Countries that get BBC programming (a lot) got to see Top Gear and others got it through syndication. It was very easy to watch Top Gear no matter where you're from.
Has it not occurred to anyone the reason they got them is to start pushing prime in a bunch of new countries? If you wanted people to sign up, don't you think a show with a big international following might be helpful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom