• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash of Clans |OT|

Kevoniat

Neo Member
linux rule:YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Booties

Banned
Lava Hound is here.

September 16th, 2014 Update

New Troop: Lava Hound

Upgrades:
  • Barb & Archer level 7
  • Archer Tower level 13
  • Dark Barracks level 6
Replay Enhancements:
  • Pause Button during battle replays
  • See the attacker's available troops
  • Live replays show time remaining
Wall Changes:
  • Upgrade walls with gold or elixer starting at level 6 (pink gem)
  • Upgrade entire rows at a time
Other Improvements:
  • Hero heal times reduced
  • Valk training time reduced
  • Healer now focuses on bigger groups
  • Unwanted troops can be ditched from Army Camps and Clan Castle
  • SPELLS IN PRODUCTION CAN BE REMOVED AT NO COST (About damn time imo)

Very excited about the last two additions. Heard about the CC troops, but didn't know about the army camp. Not really that big a deal but saves having to go to a goblin mission. I really like the replay improvements as well. The timer makes watching war events a lot better.

All in all, a very good update. Glad Supercell is good at improving this game so well.

Booties

Banned
Like the wall upgrade, the reduce time for heroes regen and the no penalty for cancelling spells

Heros should be available in war attacks no matter what their status is. So dumb to lose them for days on end or have to plan an attack around them sleeping it off.

gutshot

Didn't Supercell say they were going to fix the loot problems with this update? Was the 1 gem collector boost their solution or is there more coming?

Didn't Supercell say they were going to fix the loot problems with this update? Was the 1 gem collector boost their solution or is there more coming?

That would be a real shitty solution as I am fairly sure looting at the high lvls is an exercise in tedium

Hellers

I just started playing this today on Android. Can I pickup where I leave off on my iPhone and back again?

What should I be doing right down there at the ultra low levels?

itsgreen

I just started playing this today on Android. Can I pickup where I leave off on my iPhone and back again?

What should I be doing right down there at the ultra low levels?

Complete your levels is always good idea... upgrade all your walls etc etc

Mortars are pretty nice, I loved them at the lower levels...

You can link both devices to your account

Booties

Banned
I still think supercell is going to do more to help the economy. Right now they made the walls past gold upgradeable with purple as well to help alleviate the gold shortage. They still need to add another collector or another level or something IMO.

I'll join the GAF clan when I max (or almost max) TH7. I've still got a ways to go and I haven't been playing much lately so it's taking forever because I'm depending on my collectors for income. Thankfully I took the time to upgrade them to level 10 when I was TH6, so I make really good income with them. But still, these TH7 upgrades are killer compared to TH6! I just blew 1.5 million gold on a Hidden Tesla upgrade. I'm saving up 2 million elixir so I can upgrade my Dragon troops in the Laboratory. I know it isn't really necessary at this time but Dragons are awesome so screw logic.

Booties

Banned
^^^Nice Chip Kelly av. Go Birds.

Dragons are the shit. I still only use them at TH8 and the aren't even level 3 yet.

I feel like the combat of this game could be much more dynamic.

It would be cool if you could store 400 troops or so, but only use 200 in any given battle. That was you are adjusting your composition for your enemies base more, or reacting to the types of units in the clan castle.

The current structure wants you to play it as safe as possible. So Barch all day every day.

JoeNut

Well as expected lava hounds level 1 are awful. They're just flying golems and golems are awful till maxed so no real surprise. Baloonions is definitely the way forward with a max lava hound thrown in the mix though. Better save up some de!

So I have been playing CoC like Switzerland and have played entirely passive against other players (I have attacked a few goblins single-player). The only exception was when I was in a clan made from residents in my building for awhile. I would do the clan battles to help them win.

Currently working on purple walls and then it is on to the next Town Hall. Been hovering between 1200-1400 without attacking a single person.

JesseZao

11-12 people I think.

Do rewards scale with clan size? My current clan it's usually 30/35 and wars once a week.

So I have been playing CoC like Switzerland and have played entirely passive against other players (I have attacked a few goblins single-player). The only exception was when I was in a clan made from residents in my building for awhile. I would do the clan battles to help them win.

Currently working on purple walls and then it is on to the next Town Hall. Been hovering between 1200-1400 without attacking a single person.

Sounds like the slowest way to play this game. You gotta raid people!

Nuklear

Banned
Do rewards scale with clan size? My current clan it's usually 30/35 and wars once a week.

Sounds like the slowest way to play this game. You gotta raid people!

I stand corrected there are 15 in the clan now. I'm not sure about the rewards scaling. I'm still a newb to the game really.

Here are images of the current roster:

rufygcK.png

i5WD2wX.png

JesseZao

I suppose I'll stay where I'm at for now. I'd only switch if the clan was more active than the chill clan I'm in atm.

Just started th8.

Booties

Banned
DAMMIT lol.

Accidentally upgraded a wall to skull.

I accidentally spent gems to free up a builder when I was boosting my elixer collectors for that 1 gem/day boost they jsut did. My gold mines are maxed out so when I got the purple jawns, which are level 10, they had an extra button for upgrading. I did it so fast I almsot didn't know what happened. Fucking muscle memory betraying me.

Hey guys, I just joined the NeoGAF clan! I was in a clan previously but they stopped giving an effort in Clan Wars and basically fell apart entirely over the past couple days.

I was looking for other threads on GAF about Clash of Clans, and came across this one:

Clash Of Clans Makes $654,000 $2.4M in a day.

Holy fucking shit. I should have been an app dev.

In other news, I'm almost done maxing my Hidden Teslas. Now the only defenses I haven't maxed are my Air Defenses. They are level 4 so they aren't bad, but I rarely get attacked by flying units anyway so I saved them for last.

Nuklear

Banned
If you are in the Neogaf clan and haven't use your attacks yet please log on and try to get at least one star. We are in a very close war atm!

Top Bottom