• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Huh I did not know CR was that popular in Japan. Does that also apply to other Supercell games? The impression I get is that it's usually gatcha games that are popular in Japan. I suppose CR is kind of gatcha

Clash of Clans has done really well in Japan, even if it has softened a little in the Top Grossing charts in the past year. And that isn't a gacha game.

Hog user detected xD just kidding, maybe not, but...

If you nerf tornado then hog rider will be out of control, even more than now. No thanks. Its the counter.
Hog used to be countered by buildings. Now tornado offers more value against a wider range of decks and insane utility. Probably the best card in the game right now. I'd hate to see it nerfed since it's my favorite card more or less but it probably needs it.

totowhoa

Banned
Fuck these fucking mortar, ice spirit, archers,, skeleton, knight decks.

5 out of my last 6 games were against a variation of this fucking deck.
All 0-0 draws.
What a fucking waste of time.
Who even came up with this bullshit...

I just got to 5400 with this deck though! :) Generally it's pretty rare to face at all, so probably just bad luck on your end.

Edit: what deck do you play? For some decks vs mortar, like RG or hog, you should consider a draw a victory :p

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Night Witches are everywhere also. That didn't take long. lol and many thought it wasn't going to be a very good card pre release.

Agent

Balance Changes coming 6/12

-Night Witch: Spawns 3 Bats on death (from 4), Bat spawn speed to 6sec (from 5sec), initial Bats spawn slower

-Tornado, Poison, Heal: Multiple of same spell will stack

-Tornado: Duration to 2.5sec (from 3sec)

-The Log: Range to 11.1 (from 11.6)

-Goblin Gang: Spear Goblin count to 2 (from 3)

-Skeletons: Skeleton count to 3 (from 4)

-Bandit: Hitpoints +4%, Dash initiates quicker

-Inferno Dragon: Hitpoints +7%, re-targets 0.2sec quicker

-Witch: Hitpoints +5%, Area damage radius +10%, spawn speed to 7sec (from 7.5sec), initial Skeletons spawn slower

-Clone: Faster cloning effect

-Battle Ram: Damage that destroys the Ram won't affect Barbarians

-Bats: Bat count to 4 (from 5)

Agent

Nothing in my deck nerfed or buffed. Overall, I think these changes will help in many small ways which should give me more of an edge.

Stacking heal though? Hmmm.

The stacking of poison/heal/tornado is really a 2v2 thing mostly. I think stacking poison will be interesting in that mode. Heal could be interesting as well, depending on how it is being used.

Also, I suspect with the changes coming on Monday I bet we will be getting the client update. The fact they announced the 2v2 draft mode and 2v2 friendly and now this will probably mean we're getting some sneak peeks this weekend. Another sign of a client update is with The Log changes. The range reduction was supposed to happen last update but then the bug was discovered you couldn't put The Log down over any buildings so they didn't make the change. They said they couldn't fix it with a server update, but a client update.

usp84

I started using Tornado a few days ago and it really helped me with my Executioner.

I hope this nerf doesn't completely destroy the combo

Grampasso

GAF Royale has an open spot if any fellow member wants to join,just ask in this thread if we have to lower the limit or simply request to join stating your NeoGAF name in the message!

Lourio

Finally log is getting distance nerf, I still believe the log should not be able to hit your towers - but that's just me :-D

Long time lurker of thread, first time posting - hi everyone ;-)

zenbot

The range reduction was supposed to happen last update but then the bug was discovered you couldn't put The Log down over any buildings so they didn't make the change.
I've been running crossbow for the past couple of weeks and this is going to be such a nice quality of life improvement. Well worth the distance nerf.

Skeleton nerf is going to hurt but they're such insanely good value right now it had to happen.

The Goblin Gang nerf was necessary. There really wasn't a reason to use Skarmy over it.

Good nerf on Skeleton once again. However, the problem is that it's either really weak or strong with 3 or 4 Skeletons. What if they kept 4 Skeletons but gave them 1 HP so that they die from anything, including Ice Wiz and a single Poison tick? Possibly lower the damage as well, so that they're still good distractions but not a card that can also deal with medium single target cards.

And lol at the Witch. It has received so many buffs but somehow never finds way into the meta.

usp84

I managed to get 9 wins today, the first time i got max wins on these challenges. 50000+ gold is extremely useful

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I love draft challenges, but it's really hard to win when you go against certain cards that need specific counters, e.g., golem.

totowhoa

Banned
Finally log is getting distance nerf, I still believe the log should not be able to hit your towers - but that's just me :-D

Long time lurker of thread, first time posting - hi everyone ;-)

Hmm I wouldn't go quite that far - but I think if you log goblin barrel at your tower, it shouldn't be able to take out an enemy princess on the bridge.

Agent

itshappening.gif

Sneak Peek #1

DB-7DaGXcAAYFmF.jpg

More deck slots at Level 8

Bonus info:
Invite friends to your Clash Royale friends list (a social media connection is no longer required to have in-game friends!)

Invite friends directly to your Clan

Clans now unlock at Level 1 (card requests still unlock at Level 3)

Copy decks from TV Royale and shared replays

Orange Juice video on these changes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLi_6cY3u0g

Agent

Sneak Peek #2

SNEAK PEEK #2 - Four New Cards!

New Legendary Card: Mega Knight
New Epic Card: Cannon Cart
New Rare Card: Flying Machine
New Common Card: Skeleton Barrel
Each new card will launch with a Special Challenge!

Bonus info:
New Challenges coming: "Sudden Death", "Ramp Up" and "Triple Elixir"
Keep an eye out for the golden notification on the Tournaments tab!

Orange Juice video on new cards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD9PdIEwAFc
Orange Juice Video on the new Challenges: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuM9vNtopYM&feature=youtu.be

Agent

Sneak Peek #3

SNEAK PEEK #3 - New 2v2 Game Modes!

Summer of 2v2 is coming with all new 2v2 game modes!
2v2 Friendly Battle, 2v2 Draft, 2v2 Challenge!
AND, starting soon, collect chests with your friends in a 2v2 Battle!

Bonus info:
  • A "2v2" button will appear on your Clash Royale main screen soon after the next update has arrived
  • With this button you can invite a friend, Clanmate or pair up with a random Internet buddy to play a 2v2 Battle for chests, Victory Gold and earn Crowns for your Clan Chest and Crown Chest!
  • The button will initially be available for 7 days - as a test run to make sure it all works correctly
  • Providing everything works, which we're anticipating it will, we plan to bring the button back for the entirety of July (aka, "Summer of 2v2")
  • Our goal with this week and month-long 2v2 button fiesta is to see how you, the players, feel about it and ultimately decide whether or not it should become a permanent feature of Clash Royale - and if so, in what form?
  • This is the big question we'll be asking ourselves after the "Summer of 2v2", so please don't hesitate to let us know what you think on the forums or reddit

Orange Juice video on 2v2 modes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGo3fTxCGE8

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Hmmm I'm experiencing a LOT of Night Witch/Golem decks right now, especially in Tournament.

Will be interesting to see whether this endures post balance.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Hmmm I'm experiencing a LOT of Night Witch/Golem decks right now, especially in Tournament.

They are all over. I'm even running one for challenges and when you get the push going with a pump they 3 crown most people. Maybe the NW nerf will reduce the frequency of them.

Yeah, been dealing with them and they're annoying as heck. I usually get NW + Golem then some other cards that demand attention in another lane (Gob Gang, Hog, etc)

commish

I had success today against this deck with poison and ID in my deck.

Agent

There were a few other items added to the update they didn't mention in any of the Sneak Peaks:

• Giant Chest contains less gold and Common Cards, but a lot more Rare Cards
  • Magical Chest and Super Magical Chest contain more gold
  • Card Shop now cycles through all available cards within 3 months
  • Clan Chat profanity filter on/off toggle (in Settings)
  • Report offensive language or players via Clan Chat

I haven't had a chance to play with the new update too much. I tried a 2v2 with a random that actually didn't go as horrible as I expected.

The friends list update was not what I was expecting at all. I thought we would be able to just add directly from a profile. The new way really isn't all that different from needing a Facebook connection to add friends since you need contact information. I guess it could get abused if directly on a profile though. I would imagine those on the leaderboard would get spammed with requests, but they could just have an option to turn off friend requests.

JoeNut

Search for the youtuber Orange Juice, he has a video showing the new cards (only the cards themselves). On my cellphone so cant post links sorry.

Thanks i found it, shame he doesn't actually have the footage of the cards being in use as yet, but good to see how it'll work. I can't see any of them being that amazing to be honest, not sure i understand the point of the moving cannon or the balloon

totowhoa

Banned
There were a few other items added to the update they didn't mention in any of the Sneak Peaks:

• Giant Chest contains less gold and Common Cards, but a lot more Rare Cards
  • Magical Chest and Super Magical Chest contain more gold
  • Card Shop now cycles through all available cards within 3 months
  • Clan Chat profanity filter on/off toggle (in Settings)
  • Report offensive language or players via Clan Chat

I haven't had a chance to play with the new update too much. I tried a 2v2 with a random that actually didn't go as horrible as I expected.

The friends list update was not what I was expecting at all. I thought we would be able to just add directly from a profile. The new way really isn't all that different from needing a Facebook connection to add friends since you need contact information. I guess it could get abused if directly on a profile though. I would imagine those on the leaderboard would get spammed with requests, but they could just have an option to turn off friend requests.

Hmmm, I'm not seeing the profanity filter toggle in my personal settings or the clan settings.

Edit: I'm blind

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Am enjoying the random 2v2 matches. Finding I play pretty well with 70% of people and tend to win, and then just get maimed the other 30% of the time when timing is a little off or decks don't quite complement.

Haven't really had much time to assess the balance changes as have been playing 2v2 at the cost of other modes. My sense is the Night Witch is much more manageable. Seeing Inferno Dragon popping up a little more than previously too which was their intended result there.

Idk. I notice a pretty big difference. Sucks

Yeah, I see it more now. Especially against anything aerial.

On another note, I finally broke through 3600 and on past 3700 (only to start getting smacked pretty hard). No deck change, just a good streak or whatever. I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed that all I see are the same types of decks, only leveled up. I guess that makes sense since there are no new unlocks at this level. but it's disheartening to see level 12 and 13 commons and 9 and 10 rares. I guess I should just be happy I got here without that king of leveling.

commish

I can't believe I've been playing this game for a year and a half. Even after thousands and thousands of games, it just doesn't get old to me.

Top Bottom