• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classic episodes of "Electric Playground" now airing on Youtube.

violence

Well I have to watch this, never had this cable package. I was only able to watch G4 if I was visiting certain family. Never seen Electric Playground ether.

Last edited:

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Back before Victor Lucas had one of the worst cases of Trump Derangement Syndrome. The guy is the 2nd most insufferable game "personality" on X.
iGSYnTa.jpg

Humdinger

A few months ago, I watched some old G4 E3 coverage. It was fun to relive a little of that sillier, more innocent time. I only watched a little of EP, but I enjoyed Victor and Tommy's banter. It was certainly a lot better than Adam and Morgan's on X-Play...

SegaManAU

Gold Member
A few months ago, I watched some old G4 E3 coverage. It was fun to relive a little of that sillier, more innocent time. I only watched a little of EP, but I enjoyed Victor and Tommy's banter. It was certainly a lot better than Adam and Morgan's on X-Play...
There was also an episode where Victor caught up with Kelly. Some good footage in there too. She was a babe back in those days.

StueyDuck

Back before Victor Lucas had one of the worst cases of Trump Derangement Syndrome. The guy is the 2nd most insufferable game "personality" on X.
iGSYnTa.jpg
why do Americans base so much of their personality on politics?

and i don't just mean influencers, every American I've ever met can't wait to tell you who they vote for...

it's so strange.

Victor never had a good judge of character. He co-hosted the show with Tommy Tallarico, lol. Interesting time capsule here though, I might check out a couple episodes for the nostalgia rush.

Reactions: Isa
why do Americans base so much of their personality on politics?

and i don't just mean influencers, every American I've ever met can't wait to tell you who they vote for...

it's so strange.
I was raised that it’s rude and impolite to ask someone who they voted for, and also that you don’t tell people who you voted for. It’s nobody’s business. So I would say you are making a blanket generalization, and also your personal experience with this may be uncommon.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Haha, cheers. After posting that question I did a quick google and came across a Reddit thread explaining all of this.

You probably will never watch it at 2 hours but this video is really well made. It's insane how much of a liar Tommy Tallarico is.

Isa

Used to watch these with my Sister back in the day when they aired, though we're in NV. It was fun occasionally, but like with most things everyone has their opinions and, particularly notable back in the day, people were very ignorant in regards to genres and types of games which led to constant hot takes. I recall Victor being much more open for the most part and souring on other games quickly dismissing them, my guess would be limited time and deadlines etc.

Tommy on the other hand was more consistent with his opinions and openly wore them on his sleeve such as a dislike of things that weren't action based. If it was turn-based or strategic in any way the man would trash it for the most part but I remember him being fair at certain points recognizing that some games had their effort, merits and audience showing some growth and maturity which was cool.

Not keen on the YT channel now though. There are far better channels that cater to specific tastes with more details. As a piece of history its pretty cool though.

SegaManAU

Gold Member

You probably will never watch it at 2 hours but this video is really well made. It's insane how much of a liar Tommy Tallarico is.

I did come across this in my google search. Watched a little on the Tommy section but might be something I dig into over the weekend when I have some spare time.

Top Bottom