• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cliffy B says his next game will be a PC-only first person arena shooter

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Oh man I can already feel the vomit in my throat when trying to play an arena shooter with the Rift.

DJIzana

I love the concept art he teased. Curious to know what the other environments will be like.

Cliff-Bleszinski-Mystery-game.jpg

simples

Banned
I didn't know he split from epic, thought he would be back at epic after his break

i guess that china takeover was bigger than they let on :(

eot

Banned
HOLY SHIT! Right in the childhood.
So many good times with Q3A. dm17 ftw! \o/

#getoffmylawn

That's not the real Q3DM17.

Anyway, I'll support this out of principle but I hope it has some strong design. UT was always a little bloated and focused more on weapons and levels that were cool than ones that played amazing. Also, it's going to be hard to make a better arena shooter than Q3A but I'd love to see him try. Tempest and turbine were great though, real quality maps.

Kade

Only Twitter.

The last one about his appearance on Joe Rogan's podcast was locked too. That's where he kind of revealed this and talked about being an Oculus investor. He also said that demoing TF2 and HL2 with the Rift was a mistake since it doesn't work well with that type of game. He said that it's better suited to slow paced exploration driven games than twitch shooters. Sounds like he's using it for his game though.

I didn't know he split from epic, thought he would be back at epic after his break

i guess that china takeover was bigger than they let on :(

fin it odd that he left epic to be away from games, comes back to games and starts work on a shooer in a old "epic" type game.
*shrugs* you know i kinda exected more from him.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I thought Cliffy threads weren't allowed?

cliffy tweeting that he's just eaten a full stack of buffalo wings and is on his way home to mend the cistern and hopefully have some sex is very different from him announcing that he's planning to resurrect one of the greatest and most cruelly forsaken genres in videogame history.

If Sony was smart they'd give this guy the money to start up a studio and make a shooter for them.

Why? The guy built his fanbase on Xbox. Are playstation-only gamers supposed to take other people's word that he's a great game designer?

I tried a bit of Gears of war and it was nothing mind-blowing; I went back to playing Halo 4.

Even arena staples like Quake 3 Arena got console ports. I don't care if those exist or not, as long as the game itself isn't compromised to maintain parity with the eventual console releases.

unreal-tournament-cover617476.jpg
unreal_tournament-1863549.jpg

Unreal-championship-XBox.jpg
unreal-championship-2-xbox.jpg

unreal-tournament-3-360-box-490.jpg
Unreal-Tournament-3-Passwords-and-Unlockables-PS3-2.jpg

Dreamcast version of UT was pretty awesome for its day with its online multi-player. Not even the PS2 version had that.But yeah, I would generally prefer to see a game like this stay PC oriented, with lots of modding potential.

eot

Banned
Why? The guy built his fanbase on Xbox. Are playstation-only gamers supposed to take other people's word that he's a great game designer?

I tried a bit of Gears of war and it was nothing mind-blowing; I went back to playing Halo 4.

He built his fanbase on PC

Maybe Cliffy's time off was spent experimenting with various psychoactive substances while pondering deep existential questions relating to his place in videogame land. Or maybe he ate Cheetos and laughed at neogaf. Either way, I like where his heads at and I'm on board.

Amneisac

Going after that esports money is smart. He's well-qualified to do this and if he can pull it off he stands to make a killing.

Top Bottom