• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Close Enough SDCC Sneak Peek (new show from Regular Show creator)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Say one was 9 or 10 when they started watching Regular Show when it first aired. They'll now be 16 or 17 and old enough to watch shows like this. So that should help it.

Can't wait for it.

SDCowboy

I LOVED regular show, but I'm not sure this is going to do it for me. I find adult humor funnier when it's subtle.

Chuck

Still without luck
I LOVED regular show, but I'm not sure this is going to do it for me. I find adult humor funnier when it's hinted at.

I sure as hell don't understand how a dude screaming "mah ding dong" could be considered adult in any possible way.

Epcott

This looks like the proper evolution from Regular Show. I hope there's cameos, which is unlikely since it's TBS.

I just hope it lasts on TBS, I can never catch American Dad.

SDCowboy

Also, since when could they say "shit" on TBS? Not that I have a problem with it, I'm just genuinely curious. lol

Also, since when could they say "shit" on TBS? Not that I have a problem with it, I'm just genuinely curious. lol

I've noticed it when American Dad came to TBS. Though, it's like, only once per episode.

This looks fantastic. Funny as hell. I need to catch up on Regular Show, got too far behind.

jstripes

Banned
This looks like the proper evolution from Regular Show. I hope there's cameos, which is unlikely since it's TBS.

TBS and Adult Swim are sister networks, so it's not that far fetched. Although, they may want to keep the properties separate for reasons.

American Dad is my tv white whale I can't ever catch it and if I do it's just the ending of an episode and not a new one.

Odoul

That was literally Regular Show with all restrictions lifted off.

Which of course means it's magnificent!

Its possible CN and TBS are sister networks and Close Enough is being produced in part by Cartoon Network Studios. But I don't expect anything major.

e_i

Can't wait. Also, it's on TBS? TBS has great, great shit now. People of Earth, Wrecked. Samantha Bee.

Neoxon

Is it true that this takes place in the same universe as Regular Show? If so, where would it be placed in the timeline (like, would it be during the time of RS's ending)? Obviously Close Enough is over in LA going by the mug shot scene, but I'm curious about how potential cameos would be handled if they ever happen (though I suppose RS cameos aren't out of the question since Cartoon Network Studios is producing Close Enough).

Bronx-Man

Banned
Is it true that this takes place in the same universe as Regular Show? If so, where would it be placed in the timeline (like, would it be during the time of RS's ending)? Obviously Close Enough is over in LA going by the mug shot scene, but I'm curious about how potential cameos would be handled if they ever happen (though I suppose RS cameos aren't out of the question since Cartoon Network Studios is producing Close Enough).

Where'd you hear that from?

Neoxon

Where'd you hear that from?
Supposedly the SDCC panel. It's being mentioned by people on a few sites, but I can't find an official panel information round-up beyond just the release of the trailer. That's why I came here to see if anyone else heard about it.

Top Bottom