• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

W Hudson

Tremendous job by the OP. Question on care packages, anybody know if there are any killstreak rewards which you cannot get via the care package (such as nuke or emergency airdrop in MW2)?

Game looks to be a ton of fun, can't wait for the 9th.

Hanmik

W Hudson said:
Tremendous job by the OP. Question on care packages, anybody know if there are any killstreak rewards which you cannot get via the care package (such as nuke or emergency airdrop in MW2)?

hmmm. good question... never thought about that.. But I remember reading something about the opposite.. that there are 2 weapons/killstreaks that can only be obtained from the carepackages´..?

Najaf

W Hudson said:

Everything is in there. Just as in MW2 though, the odds are weighted heavily. So don't expect to roll a seat in the chopper for every ammo crate. Oh, how I hate the ammo crates.

Najaf said:
So, after those initial multiplayer level walkthroughs from the old thread, what does everyone speculate to be a rough favorite three? Overall, the maps seem to be really impressive. My favorites so far:

Nuketown
Havana
Jungle

They all looked great; it really comes down to how well the flags/bomb sites are placed! The best map in the world can be ruined for Domination if the flags/spawns aren't set up properly.

W Hudson

Hanmik said:
hmmm. good question... never thought about that.. But I remember reading something about the opposite.. that there are 2 weapons/killstreaks that can only be obtained from the carepackages´..?

Yeah me too. One is basically a minigun and the other is a bad ass rocket launcher that fires four rockets at once. But I have never heard of anything being non accessible by care package. I was hoping that dogs would not be in them, but really don't care much either way.

W Hudson

Najaf said:
Everything is in there. Just as in MW2 though, the odds are weighted heavily. So don't expect to roll a seat in the chopper for every ammo crate. Oh, how I hate the ammo crates.

Oh OK thanks for the info, and I share your hatred of the ammo crates. Hardline Pro seems custom tailored for just this predicament though.....

W Hudson

Plasma said:
So for zombies even on the new map you're using WW2 weapons?

Some yes, but there are other weapons I've seen (M16, Commando AR, others) which are in the mode and not WW2 weapons. Hopefully a nice mix.

Didn't think I'd be interested in another CoD after IW's seemingly intentional desire to sink the series with MW2, but this really seems like they're making all the right decisions.

Najaf said:
So, after those initial multiplayer level walkthroughs from the old thread, what does everyone speculate to be a rough favorite three? Overall, the maps seem to be really impressive. My favorites so far:

Nuketown
Havana
Jungle

I would include Hanoi in the list as well.

Nice OP, zorro. Says a lot without feeling overbearing.

But now we wait and see if things turn out as well as they sound...then 1 month later after that we'll know how well everything is balanced.

^ You can dive out of windows, yes.

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Re-posting for new page, in case divisionbyzorro wishes to add to his OP.

It's in there, just really small, under the zombies section, clearly marked with a little bit of spoilers. Since it seems like part of the fun could be the discovery, I didn't want to drop it in right away.

Loxley

-viper- said:
With the same WW2 weapons.

wtf_is_this_shit.jpg

Not completely. The new maps in Black Ops allow you to use the weapons from Black Ops (there was leaked gameplay a few days ago conforming this), it's the maps from W@W (Nacht Der Untoten, etc) that are included in the Hardened & Prestige editions that only use the WW2 weapons.

Xater

W Hudson said:
Some yes, but there are other weapons I've seen (M16, Commando AR, others) which are in the mode and not WW2 weapons. Hopefully a nice mix.

It looks like zombie mode got some time travel storyline going on. I guess you get weapons and stuff fitting for the era you are in.

@Loxley: The first map "Kino der Toten" is definitely WW2 based. The others are not.

divisionbyzorro said:
It's in there, just really small, under the zombies section, clearly marked with a little bit of spoilers. Since it seems like part of the fun could be the discovery, I didn't want to drop it in right away.

Ah, my bad man, didn't see it. Great OP by the way.

As a side note: I wonder what else you can do with that computer?

Loxley

Xater said:
@Loxley: The first map "Kino der Toten" is definitely WW2 based. The others are not.

Ahh, gotcha. This is more confusing than it needs to be :lol

On another note, kick-ass job on the OP zorro!

REV 09

Co-op is surprisingly lacking in BO. With no campaign co-op or spec ops, i expected a very fleshed out Nazi Zombie mode, but 3 maps (or is it 2) doesn't really whet my appetite.

Xater

REV 09 said:
Co-op is surprisingly lacking in BO. With no campaign co-op or spec ops, i expected a very fleshed out Nazi Zombie mode, but 3 maps (or is it 2) doesn't really whet my appetite.

I think it's 3 maps and you know there will be DLC...

DRE Fei

I'm hoping to fully test out the sound whoring aspect of the game as soon as I get it. I have a feeling that ninja pro (louder enemy footsteps) will force the majority of the community towards that perk again.

Scarecrow

question about the killstreak update. It mentions that kills made by the streaks don't add to the tally that goes towards higher streaks. Does that also mean that if you use a streak, it resets and you have to earn back up to the killstreaks? or that you can kill some more people legitimately to make your way to the higher streaks?

W Hudson

REV 09 said:

I had a ton of fun with Nazi Zombies in WaW, and also enjoyed the special ops mode in MW2 (finally completed all the missions on veteran yesterday), so I was (greedily) hoping for both in this package. Oh well zombies looks like a good time again, and I think its a given there will be DLC in the future.

Scarecrow said:
question about the killstreak update. It mentions that kills made by the streaks don't add to the tally that goes towards higher streaks. Does that also mean that if you use a streak, it resets and you have to earn back up to the killstreaks? or that you can kill some more people legitimately to make your way to the higher streaks?

That.

E-phonk

Banned
is there something similar to "Special Ops" in MW2?

I played those a lot with friends, and it might be my only reason to buyings CoD:BO

Thats a sweet OP, very informative!

As a major CoD fan, I have largely avoided every single little tidbit of info releashed about this game. With a week to go, I figured it was time to start building the hype. Then I read the OP. Then I read the comments. Now I'm HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPED :D

Xater

E-phonk said:
is there something similar to "Special Ops" in MW2?

I played those a lot with friends, and it might be my only reason to buyings CoD:BO

If you don't count bot matches there isn't.

I was a little disappointed in only 3 Zombie maps until I watched people play and got to see just how massive the maps are. I don't know how big the W@W DLC maps were, but it looks like you can fit like 4 of the original W@W map in one of the Black Ops zombie maps.

Hanmik

ehhh... just read some of the industry qoutes in the OP..

3D..? I didn´t know that the game was playable in 3D.. and why isn´t that mentioned in the OP..?

and I´m actually disappointed by the lack of Co-op.. I thought that I read (way back in time), that the campaign would be playable in Co-op. Both Splitscreen and online.. I cannot believe they didn´t implemented it.. even in WaW there was Co-op..

Nizz

Yes, the thread is back! :lol Great job division. Pretty informative, wasn't too sure about some things like the contracts for COD points.

This is even better...
divisionbyzorro said:
Going Commando Is Out of Style
Yes, Commando is gone. In its place is the Ballistic Knife, a secondary melee weapon that fires blades in a straight line. You get one shot before reloading, and only two shots total. The days of teleporting super ninjas are over!
Beautiful. :D

Top Bottom