• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
crazy monkey said:
connection was fine it might be hit detection but it is only apparent in some cases. Also on wii hackrs are altering kd ratio and money like crazy.

I don't think it matters how good your connection is if that other person has a crappy connection its still going to screw things up.

Brian Fellows said:
I don't think it matters how good your connection is if that other person has a crappy connection its still going to screw things up.

never knew this, Thanks. IT sucks when this happens anyways game rules my most played online game. i do not play much games though haha.

aristotle

Has there been any discussion on who is heading up the GAF clans for MW3 yet (specifically PS3)?

I got into the elite beta last month for 360. Nothing yet for PS3 :(

kuYuri

aristotle said:
Has there been any discussion on who is heading up the GAF clans for MW3 yet (specifically PS3)?

I got into the elite beta last month for 360. Nothing yet for PS3 :(

None at all as far as I know.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So why wasn't I told that DLC #4 the Zombie pack was free for people who bought BLOPS Hardened Edition

My friend messaged me out of the blue going, oh hey I remember you had BLOPS-HE, guess what?, free DLC for ya'

What a nice surprise seeing Rezurrection be free

GraveRobberX said:
So why wasn't I told that DLC #4 the Zombie pack was free for people who bought BLOPS Hardened Edition

My friend messaged me out of the blue going, oh hey I remember you had BLOPS-HE, guess what?, free DLC for ya'

What a nice surprise seeing Rezurrection be free

You mean the one new map that they made called 'Moon' would be free because you should already have got a code with the Hardened that let you download the other 4 Zombie maps back at launch.

I was actually in 2 minds about posting this as it isnt great, buuut I got myself a capture card, and I tested it out yesterday with a few matches. What do people think of the quality and my general gameplay. I know it wasnt brilliant that match but my general playstyle is along those lines (just usually hopefully a little more precise).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XevqFSL1eg

Even if its good I doubt I will get many hits on it, but I would love to upload stuff to youtube. The thing is if its bad I would rather know now. :p Would my playstyle be entertaining to watch or should I not bother with the whole steaming thing?

Had a "great" exchange with another player last night in a match. Me and a few buddies were playing Domination and suddenly I get a message from their top player, TheVipes, that simply said "REPORTED."

*head scratch*

So I write back and ask him what I was being reported for. His response - "system tampering. Your gamerscore is impossibly high and obviously is modded."

*sigh*

My gamescore is currently 94K. It's high, but not THAT high. It turned out OK, though, as me and another buddy basically just spent the next two matches hunting that guy like a dog. Takes all kinds.

djm

bobs99 ... said:
I was actually in 2 minds about posting this as it isnt great, buuut I got myself a capture card, and I tested it out yesterday with a few matches. What do people think of the quality and my general gameplay. I know it wasnt brilliant that match but my general playstyle is along those lines (just usually hopefully a little more precise).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XevqFSL1eg

Even if its good I doubt I will get many hits on it, but I would love to upload stuff to youtube. The thing is if its bad I would rather know now. :p Would my playstyle be entertaining to watch or should I not bother with the whole steaming thing?
The quality is decent, but the audio is kind of jacked up. The gameplay was good, and there was only a couple spots you weren't actively roaming the map.

If uploading videos is fun for you, then by all means keep doing it. Just don't expect huge viewcounts to roll in on their own. You're kinda late to the party, as there is literally thousands of channels like this of people uploading COD videos. I'd work out any kinks with your capture setup and then really get into it when MW3 comes out. Black Ops has been out almost a year, and everything has been seen at this point.

djm said:
The quality is decent, but the audio is kind of jacked up. The gameplay was good, and there was only a couple spots you weren't actively roaming the map.

If uploading videos is fun for you, then by all means keep doing it. Just don't expect huge viewcounts to roll in on their own. You're kinda late to the party, as there is literally thousands of channels like this of people uploading COD videos. I'd work out any kinks with your capture setup and then really get into it when MW3 comes out. Black Ops has been out almost a year, and everything has been seen at this point.

Thanks, thats the kinda feedback I was looking for. TBH I know im not going to get the viewcounts but since I have a cap card it seemed like it could be a bit of fun. I just dont want to get abused for uploading shitty clips if they really suck. :p

I had a few bad moments in that game but ive had near perfect games in the past, I just wish I had the capture card sooner.

I just played my 3rd GB match and we are suppose to be 3 - 0 but we are 2 - 0 for now .....WHY?

B/c a team named Host Boosters, decided to cheat and file a dispute saying they won the first 2 games out of 3.....when we won the first 2 games. These guys on the 2nd game, they had host and when they lost, the host dashboarded and now the 2nd game isn't in our file share or in my team mates fileshare.

ADMIN said to submit proof and we did of the of the 1st battle but can't of the 2nd battle ( b/c of the dashbording jackass). Fuck these lying assholes and cheaters on GB man .

Warning to all GB players ...GET A CAPTURE CARD!!!

I'm trying to get past round 20 on Call of the Dead, just seems impossible to me after repeated attempts. Solo and co-op, can't seem to survive beyond 20. Any tips/strategies?

On other maps, especially Kino I have survived 40+ multiple times. CotD is really giving me a hard time.

Also, if anyone is interested in playing zombies online (PS3), add me up: ruthlesbarbarian. I'm in Melbourne, Australia. Haven't bought the rezzurection dlc yet, looking to share-buy it over PSN if anyone is willing.

Cheers.

166909_10150322514741519_571596518_8091553_958220483_n.jpg

lol.

Just realised this game is only twenty days away.

The first day of a new CoD is always an exciting thing. A clean state, new maps, new weapons, new killstreaks, seeing all the subtle (and not so subtle differences), and just seeing the community grow rapidly as the day progresses...I'm sure even this time around it'll be just as exciting.

Not sure if anything will ever beat the first day of MW2 - a game that was exceptional before the community turned it to shit - but hopefully this game comes close.

shas'la

Alright gents,

Can any of you tell me what game modes are sutiable for what number of players. IE what is the maximum number of players for team deathmatch, or whats modes are playable with 12 people, IS there were a website that breaks this down?

Xux

shas'la said:
Alright gents,

Can any of you tell me what game modes are sutiable for what number of players. IE what is the maximum number of players for team deathmatch, or whats modes are playable with 12 people, IS there were a website that breaks this down?
For Console:
Free For All is 8 players.
Team Tactical is 4v4.
Ground War is 9v9
Everything else is 6v6

Reave

So how is the PS3 population count now that MW3 is out? Still high or has it taken a hit?

I'd like to know this as well. I'm a little disenchanted with MW3 and considered picking up BO at some point soon. Just wanna know if it'll be worth it.

the game is still very populated. cod games take a very long time to die. I can pop in COD4 and W@W right now and be in a match instantly.

hell, i still find people playing on cod2 and cod3

edit: lol for last weeks xbox live activity it was still number 2:

LIVE Activity for week of November 7th
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
3. Battlefield 3
4. Modern Warfare 2
5. Gears of War 3

Reave

the game is still very populated. cod games take a very long time to die. I can pop in COD4 and W@W right now and be in a match instantly.

hell, i still find people playing on cod2 and cod3

edit: lol for last weeks xbox live activity it was still number 2:

LIVE Activity for week of November 7th
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
3. Battlefield 3
4. Modern Warfare 2
5. Gears of War 3

Nice. Once my girlfriend beats MW3's campaign, I'm swapping it out for Black Ops. Can't stomach anymore of MW3's nonsense.

A.R.K

How is this game on the PS3? My friends were thinking about getting this for cheap to play MP for our weekly games. I read somewhere that the PS3 performance was not up to par? Is that for SP or MP or both? Does it have co-op of some sort (how many players)?

Is it worth $20-25? thnx

How is this game on the PS3? My friends were thinking about getting this for cheap to play MP for our weekly games. I read somewhere that the PS3 performance was not up to par? Is that for SP or MP or both? Does it have co-op of some sort (how many players)?

Is it worth $20-25? thnx

The population at about 1-2pm (GMT-7) on a Wednesday was a little bit over 250,000. Great considering that MW3 has came out and I wasn't exactly playing at the most active of times.

A.R.K

The population at about 1-2pm (GMT-7) on a Wednesday was a little bit over 250,000. Great considering that MW3 has came out and I wasn't exactly playing at the most active of times.

Well we usually play private games with friends so that is ok. I was just wondering if the PS3 version has any performance issues or other issues?

Well we usually play private games with friends so that is ok. I was just wondering if the PS3 version has any performance issues or other issues?

The PS3 version does suffer from some performance issues that the other PS3 CoDs do not. It runs at a lower res than previous versions (and MW3) and has more framerate issues. The framerate isn't too bad when you're playing single screen, but forget about trying to play split screen. 2-player split screen is tolerable, but 4-player split screen is almost unplayable.

As for what co-op modes it has, there's the zombie mode which is 4-players and the Combat Training which is basically just the MP with bots. It's pretty fun to play Combat Training with a team of friends, then filling the rest of the player slots with bots.

Performance issues aside, I think it's well worth $20-25 as long as you don't do your weekly games split screen. You'll be fine if you play online.

Hey You

Treyarch is letting us vote from now on for the next 24/7 playlist on their facebook page.

Thank god we will be getting something else other than the horrible Nuketown.

Looks like firing range is up next :)

Plus Double XP weekend will happen at the same time.

Hey You

Treyarch posted on their twitter that Double XP weekend and the Firing Range 24/7 playlist will go live tomorrow at 10am PST and run till the end of the weekend.

Effect

So a lot of time has passed since MW3 came out. Is the population on the consoles still strong?

I know COD games do last. Still playing Black Ops on PC but DLC is kinda worthless there and the number of servers have lessened. Though servers means less hacks because of admins and way wondering how things were on that front as well. Curious if people had their fill of MW3 and went back to BO or even are playing it again do to being hyped for BO2.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
So a lot of time has passed since MW3 came out. Is the population on the consoles still strong?

I know COD games do last. Still playing Black Ops on PC but DLC is kinda worthless there and the number of servers have lessened. Though servers means less hacks because of admins and way wondering how things were on that front as well. Curious if people had their fill of MW3 and went back to BO or even are playing it again do to being hyped for BO2.

MW3 is still going strong but last time I signed on Black Ops(bout a month ago) there were about 150k online there.

Anybody else having connections problems on PS3? It takes too long to connect and during a match the game just fucks up and quits. I was 25-4 a while ago playing domination when this happened. Dammit.

Game is still better than MW3

Oh god yes. The maps are beyond anything in MW3. I can't believe i spent $30 for collection 1 and 2. I just downloaded first strike and the difference in design is night and day. I'll be playing this until BO2 is released.

Just a note. Theres more people playing BO than MW3 on PS3. Is this same for 360 owners?

Fired this up earlier today, and it was so good. I got a CG my first match into it... there's just something about the gunplay that feels so good. I guess there's a reason why my best CoD K/D Ratio is on Black Ops?

Hey I dunno whether or not anyone can help me, but for the last few times I tried to play Black Ops multiplayer, it freezes after clicking on the multiplayer option in the main menu, causing the screen to go black and for my PS3 to make strange clicking noises.

Other games have ran fine on the console, it is a slim model if that helps.

Halcyon

I decided to rent black ops yesterday because I haven't played cod since mw2. I really like the multiplayer. The maps are really fun for the most part and there isn't as many lame killstreaks going off it seems.

I think blops 2 might be the first cod that I actually buy.

Top Bottom