• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops Wii | Information and Hype Thread [Up: Videos/Impressions Start p.257]

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Forgot this game even existed (it does?).
I will be ashamed if I end up buying a fucking COD game three times.
Giving money for one game, at launch, to Activision is already too much but...
PC for single player, PS3 for split-screen co-op and Wii for guilty pleasure? Hopefully this one will have a tad more color than Wii's W@W and MW. :p

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Massa said:
I remember people blaming Infinity Ward for the lack of info back then.

Ahah, true.
I remember that "They don't want vomit-inducing version to steer customers away from MW2 and give them a bad rep" conspiracy theory :lol

Dash Kappei said:
Ahah, true.
I remember that "They don't want vomit-inducing version to steer customers away from MW2 and give them a bad rep" conspiracy theory :lol

Well then what's your explanation for what happened last year? There was no Goldeneye release.

I'd love to know if the control specifications are exactly the same as Reflex. If so, I'll just write down my finely-tuned custom controls and copy them to Black Ops. That'll save me a good 15 minutes of tweaking.

Rush2thestart said:
Well then what's your explanation for what happened last year? There was no Goldeneye release.

Activision the company doesn't see a very good ROI for the Wii version, so instead of plopping money down that could be used for the big boy consoles, they just release the game and let it fend for itself.

Don't shoot the messenger.

BladeoftheImmortal said:
Activision the company doesn't see a very good ROI for the Wii version, so instead of plopping money down that could be used for the big boy consoles, they just release the game and let it fend for itself.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Incorrect.

How exactly is this Activision "as a company?" Companies are out for money, and every COD game on the Wii has been a million seller. Instead of increasing the strength of the brand on the console, they basically went out of their way to make sure no one saw any footage of the game. They immediately took down any posted footage before the release of the game. It doesn't cost money to at least put out more screens/gameplay footage than they did last year.

Nobody was asking for a Wii specific commercial for a 2 year old game, just some footage to see what it looked like.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
fabprems said:
Nintendo Everything confirm that Black Ops wii is not delayed :
http://www.nintendoeverything.com/54048/

Well, that's a good news !
I've that Activision have an exclusive deal with microsoft and so they will only publish information about the game with the Xbox 360 version..... Bullshit ?? Seems plausible.
Well, they have published info of the other versions. Such as the dedicated server deals for the PC Sku.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
FoneBone said:
We had a member of the Reflex dev team on here basically confirming that it was IW actually
^
truth, i have PM'ed fyzxwhyz and still got no reply damn the time with Reflex he was more open and answered a hell of a lot of questions wonder if he has been silenced :( (not like killed, I know this a black ops thread, but err kotick isn't that evil is he??)

Magik

There's no way the Wii version is delayed. I saw a pile of copies of the Wii version along with the 360 and PS3 versions at my local EB today sitting behind the counter.

Rush2thestart said:
I remember with Reflex the very first thing we got was a picture of the back of the boxart :lol

Was that before or after the "pre-alpha" screenshots? :lol

I do remember poring over the boxart to see what the graphics were like.

rpmurphy

Wait, have they commented on exactly what features are going to be present for the Wii version? It's not gonna be another thing where they leave out zombie mode again right?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
rpmurphy said:
Wait, have they commented on exactly what features are going to be present for the Wii version? It's not gonna be another thing where they leave out zombie mode again right?
I don't remember where I read this but it was said to be 100 identical to the HD versions feature-wise.

Veal

Lone_Prodigy said:
Was that before or after the "pre-alpha" screenshots? :lol

I do remember poring over the boxart to see what the graphics were like.
Man those pre alpha shots KILLED the game for the so called "hardcore" gamer type. IT honestly doesn't look that bad in motion. And the down-graded graphics don't really matter once you get into the game(multiplayer at least).

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Magik said:
There's no way the Wii version is delayed. I saw a pile of copies of the Wii version along with the 360 and PS3 versions at my local EB today sitting behind the counter.
Get one so we can have some info!

luoapp

rpmurphy said:

TBH, I will be very satisfied if they can include all the multiplayer features (modes, maps, etc.). I couldn't care less about the single player mode.

rpmurphy

luoapp said:
TBH, I will be very satisfied if they can include all the multiplayer features (modes, maps, etc.). I couldn't care less about the single player mode.
Same for me as well, and considering Reflex I think we can assume that (except DLC maps), but then there's also the splitscreen and theatre modes. It would be nice if they can release some info about it already (or if someone can find out).

Veal

madmook said:
Will this support dual analog controls like Goldeneye Wii?
You should try (if you haven't already) Reflex. You can customize the controls any way you want them. I generally play with ADS on cause I'm weaksauce! Did wonders for my precision though!

I start feel a little a bad for Treyarch that no one gets to see their supposedly great work on Wii likely because of Goldeneye 007 Wii.... then that feeling goes away when I remember Black Ops on the HD consoles will eclipse Goldeneye and almost every other release entirely this holiday season. :lol

Disguises

rpmurphy said:
Same for me as well, and considering Reflex I think we can assume that (except DLC maps), but then there's also the splitscreen and theatre modes. It would be nice if they can release some info about it already (or if someone can find out).
Yeah, I'd be surprised if the splitscreen and theatre modes are in. I'd absolutely love it if zombies were in. Just hoping on a solid single player experience with all of the modes, maps and unlocks like the HD versions.
Please surprise me, Treyarch!

jufonuk said:
post removed by request....
HMMmmm. Mysterious post is mysterious.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Disguises said:
HMMmmm. Mysterious post is mysterious.
Post mentioned someone who can't mention anything. However it is to late to put the cat back in the bag, and so now the whole internet now knows that CoD:BO:Wii will be officially slick or sick, I forget which. Anyway be reading this you have agreed to be covered by an NDA on the slickness or sickness of CoD:BO:Wii.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
poppabk said:
Post mentioned someone who can't mention anything. However it is to late to put the cat back in the bag, and so now the whole internet now knows that CoD:BO:Wii will be officially slick or sick, I forget which. Anyway be reading this you have agreed to be covered by an NDA on the slickness or sickness of CoD:BO:Wii.

slick and iprovement over reflex

Disguises

jufonuk said:
slick and iprovement over reflex
So basically, no useful information whatsoever? :p
I need to know some solid information like: How many online players? Zombies? if so, how many players? Splitscreen? Same maps/modes? Theatre mode? How is voice chat implemented? Friends only? Bah, so many questions need to be answered!
So little time :(

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Disguises said:
I need to know some solid information like: How many online players? Zombies? if so, how many players? Splitscreen? Same maps/modes? Theatre mode? How is voice chat implemented? Friends only? Bah, so many questions need to be answered!

he can't talk about anything as would get in the shite and err didn't give any specifics

jacksrb

Here's a small nugget of info new to me: the 3rd headset's cord is 10' long, which should work ok for my setup (link here).

Seems hard to believe that the visuals and/or framerate will be able to a) look better and b) hold steady with the addition of voicechat.

I can understand Activision wanting to focus on GoldenEye, but I can't believe it is in there best interest to have the first impressions / screens / videos coming from someone with a bootleg copy a few days before release.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Disguises said:

A: Slick

Top Bottom