• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: Ghosts MP reveal 14 Aug

JHall

As long as there is a stock attachment for the weapons like the one in Black Ops II. I'll be happy.

Oh, and I really hope they keep the COD Caster mode.

Ichabod

Banned
My guess:
CLY7ymK.jpg

ElRenoRaven

Can't wait. I buy a COD here or there and what I've seen of the SP has me interested. Also the MP is always fun so I have no doubt I'll enjoy that assuming they don't change it up too much.

rakka

hopefully the netcode isn't as shit as black ops 2.

that alone would make me buy the game.

edit: and who gives a shit if there's a dog in the game. yes, it's so very hilarious. very original jokes and comments, congrats.

GodofWine

The worst killstreak was the dogs...they wont possibly expand the role of the dog...will they?

I think after trying to swear this franchise off and relapsing 3 times, im finally feeling no excitement for the MP reveal...so far.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I have not bought a COD since mw2, im pretty excited for it.

same. never felt the need for a yearly update. while i've always seen CoD multiplayer as top tier stuff, its not my favorite and takes a back seat to halo. now that we have a CoD at launch with next-gen systems and an obvious lack of next-gen halo, i'm definitely down for this.

legacyzero

Banned
After the wreck that's Black Ops 2, I'm not sure I'll be getting this one. I would rather play Modern Warfare 2 than that crap, and I FUCKING HATED MW2.

Nonentity

We'll see. It's going to take a lot from Infinity Ward to top my only 'OMG' moment of E3 2013.

A new standard could be set.

Battlefield has only really been fun for me when I've had a good group of people to play with - for a game to just pick up and play when I'm by myself that I can enjoy regardless of teamplay, CoD has always had it for me in spades.

Tenumi

Banned
As long as there is a stock attachment for the weapons like the one in Black Ops II. I'll be happy.

Oh, and I really hope they keep the COD Caster mode.

Oh yes.... Stock. Once I put it on a Assault Rifle or LMG, I can't go without it.

Pretty hyped for the reveal, although I don't know if I'll be getting the game (Current or Next gen).

After the wreck that's Black Ops 2, I'm not sure I'll be getting this one. I would rather play Modern Warfare 2 than that crap, and I FUCKING HATED MW2.
MW2 greatest COD.
1z2qsu.gif

We'll see. It's going to take a lot from Infinity Ward to top my only 'OMG' moment of E3 2013.

A new standard could be set.

DICE made pretty terrible vanilla maps for BF3 and BF3 had atrocious netcode so I would not get my hopes up just because there is a falling building, which COD: Ghosts will have also.

Dedicated servers are a given. I'd be fucking amazed if they still went with peer-to-peer.

This is probably going to be the best CoD MP yet simply because there won't be any lag/lag compensation. I hate the lighting though. Strains my eyes a lot :x

Woah wait there wont be BLOPS1, MW3 and BLOPS2 lag comp anymore confirmed!?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Battlefield has only really been fun for me when I've had a good group of people to play with - for a game to just pick up and play when I'm by myself that I can enjoy regardless of teamplay, CoD has always had it for me in spades.

Pretty much this.

Fonz72

I'm a huge Battlefield fan and I can agree with this. Mute all in COD and you can play all day, BF just doesn't work without teamwork.

This needs to happen, 90% of why I can't stand Call of duty these days is due to the insane lag compensation and horrible netcode. I can't tell you how many games where the kill cam doesn't even show me shooting back. Its like playing a rigged game in a sense, dedicated servers should have been implemented awhile ago, if BF3 can do it for consoles, then COD certainly can afford it.

I can pretty much guarantee that they'll have dedicated servers. MS is fronting the bill in the "cloud". Titanfall is already using it for dedicated servers. I would imagine most if not all MP games will have dedicated servers moving forward for Xbox. It's a pretty big thing no one is talking about.

I already have my PS4 payed off, 'cause of E3. With the no Kinect required now, I'm definitely going to pick up an Xbox too sooner or later.

All I have to do is watch some trailers or MW3 and BO II and ill know what to expect!

But seriously, I know what to expect from a CoD MP but I'm very interested to see this new engine in action on the PS4.

So that's a yes.

Extended mags on MP7 in MW3 is a completely different ball game to the M16 in CoD 4.

Interested to see if they offer something worthy of purchase.

60fps isn't a marketing feature for the new consoles any longer.

TriGen

did people forget there were cods before 4?

I just don't think enough people played them. If you didn't get a 360 at launch you probably never got around to playing CoD2, and CoD1 was received well, but the series didn't become know until the masses regularly played online games via their console which didn't happen until this gen.

It does always make me do a double take though when people make "best of" CoD lists and they're only MW and BO games. Then it hits me that they probably just didn't play 1 or 2 when they came out. Which is unfortunate for them.

Personally, Id go:

CoD2
WaW (I actually like WaW more than most)
CoD1
MW
BO
MW2 and MW3 tied
CoD3 (3 was the worst, complete train wreck)
(I never played BO2)

There's always gonna that gun.

M16 CoD4
MP4 WaW
UMP/ACR/Pre-Patched Dual 1887s/SPAS MW2
AKS-74u Blops
M4/ACR/Dual FMGs/MP7 MW3
MSMC/Remington/MP7 Blops 2

I alsways though that the FAL with stopping power and a holo was the most OP gun in MW2. It's a two hit kill at any range. When silenced it's still a 2-3.

I just don't think enough people played them. If you didn't get a 360 at launch you probably never got around to playing CoD2, and CoD1 was received well, but the series didn't become know until the masses regularly played online games via their console which didn't happen until this gen.

It does always make me do a double take though when people make "best of" CoD lists and they're only MW and BO games. Then it hits me that they probably just didn't play 1 or 2 when they came out. Which is unfortunate for them.

Personally, Id go:

CoD2
WaW (I actually like WaW more than most)
CoD1
MW
BO
MW2 and MW3 tied
CoD3 (3 was the worst, complete train wreck)
(I never played BO2)

WAW is still broken with the MP40 and had the most glitches in MP I have ever seen.

El_Chino

So MW2 was the best CoD now? Okay lol.

Best CoDs are (in order): CoD 4, Black Ops, CoD 2, MW 2, Black Ops 2, MW 3, and WaW.

Glassboy

So MW2 was the best CoD now? Okay lol.

Best CoDs are (in order): CoD 4, Black Ops, CoD 2, MW 2, Black Ops 2, MW 3, and WaW.

This is a damn fine list. I'd go Blops, CoD 4, WaW, CoD 2, MW 2, Blops 2, MW3. I apparently liked WaW a lot more than you ha

TriGen

WAW is still broken with the MP40 and had the most glitches in MP I have ever seen.

That's why I pointed out that most wouldn't agree on that one at least. I was a bit sad when CoD was getting away from the World War 2 setting. And WaW was the last time it had that. So it got a bit of a nostalgia boost for me personally. As I knew the series would be all modern/future from there on out. The rest of my list is based straight up on quality, whereas WaW is more a personal choice. I never loved the MW sub-series all that much, outside the original MW.

EDarkness

Interesting to read other people's view on the Call of Duty series. I have no idea what my order of liking and disliking is, but I will say that I've always hated the Infinity Ward CoD games. I'm mostly into single player and the single player in their games is never really all that fun. Sadly, I get suckered in every time for some reason or another. Let's hope this one is better (not holding my breath).

Oh, and Black Ops 2 netcode sucked hardcore. Getting killed because I shot first was the stupidest thing ever and the amount of auto aim was terrible. Hey, why should anyone actually TRY to get better aiming and such? *sigh*

Toa TAK

Banned
Can't say I'm excited for the MP reveal. Only because I'll be playing it no matter what's in it.

That said, I loved BOII in its entirety. Everything about the Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies has been a lot of fun for me.

I hope they fix the netcode. That has been the worst thing about the series since Black Ops. MW2 had good netcode but was super unbalanced. COD4 was amazing though, one of my favorite games this gen.

Top Bottom