• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code Vein TGS trailer

PixelatedBookake

Some of the character designs are cool but kinda tryhard in a Tokyo Ghoul kind of way. The character animations and gameplay look really stiff and choppy right now. Not too impressed at the moment.

FingerBang

I saw people playing at TGS yesterday and I think the art style is cool but the gameplay lacks personality. Also, the characters and the enemies are okay but the surroundings are quite dull.
It is too obvious they are making a DS clone, whereas in games like Nioh you can feel the inspiration but that's it.

Only nioh has straight up surpassed souls in terms of gameplay IMO in the realm of souls likes. Code vein has a long way to go to measure up to souls itself. But the visuals look neato. I agree with the guy who says they should delay it, put in a lot more betas and fan feedback and testing instead of rushing it out to meet a 2018 deadline

Yup. They would do better to release it before FROM Software's new ARPG is revealed.

On another note, the story actually looks somewhat decent here, and cut-scenes look good.

DataBased

Man I hope this shapes up, right now it looks really rough. Doesn't really look like it is bringing much new to the table.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Anime-Souls, eh?

Sort_9edf2e_543089.jpg

UrbanRats

I thought the art style is absolute garbage. It's like how Nomura designed Batman translated into the art style of Code Vein. It's juvenile, try hard to be cool looking, edgy with all the sharp edges, red and black everywhere possible, whole thing reeks of teenage boy fantasy.

I'm talking about this specifically, not the game's general art direction.

Top Bottom