• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty Says White Supremacy/Racism Doesn't Exist Because Asians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
lol, he's still coming after me.

I called him dumb. That's not an ad hominem. It's an insult.

The fact that he thinks this is an example of irony means I can rest my case.

Iro....irony?
what
how
what

Why? Because he triggers try-hard SJWs who desperately need the real world to be a 24/7 safe space?

If you'd like to hear more of this, please donate to my Patreon.

If I donate to your Patreon can I count on your help as soon as you inevitably get a job in the White House?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
More than half of my family is Chinese. I would ask them if they had ever experienced racism but they are inscrutable and mysterious so there’s no way to know. I will just have to take Coin’s word for it.

Careful they might use Karate on you.

I get the feeling that Colin picked this shit up from former Escapist Magazine writer Ian Miles Cheong (Colin follows him on twitter) who has been called an "honorary aryan" by nazis on twitter.

mlclmtckr

Banned
So you know how there were a ton of people a couple months ago defending this guy

And then those people have basically disappeared as he has gotten more indefensibly racist

I hope that some of those people learn from this experience and realize that when someone is getting called a racist it might not be a good look to defend them with "uh actually he isn't that racist" because it will only be a matter of time before he reveals that he is, indeed, that racist.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
<3 Colin. Don't always agree with him. Actually disagree with him on plenty of issues, but I give him credit for respecting other's views, always willing to back up his stances on issues, and not being afraid to have a controversial opinion. Can understand why people aren't into him though.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
first i have to know how much you like 311.

tumblr_nl25exv4SN1qjcyqno1_500.gif

<3 Colin. Don't always agree with him. Actually disagree with him on plenty of issues, but I give him credit for respecting other's views, always willing to back up his stances on issues, and not being afraid to have a controversial opinion. Can understand why people aren't into him though.
I’m not sure we’re talking about the same person

clearestblue

Neo Member

Fascinating

Bahorel

Being complacent is never a good look

This is a hell of a comment regarding someone who is denying white supremacy.

He doesn’t respect other’s views. We have ample evidence of that.

Lothars

He never backs up his stances. He also doesn't respect others views. I don't know how you can support him.

Toxi

Banned
Doesn't look like he's respecting other's views here.

Tain

Deep reverence of debate for debate’s sake sucks so much.

Lol.

You're in a thread where he's basically telling non-asian minorities that their lives and the lives of their ancestors are nothing but a lie, but he "respects other's views".

Edit: Whoops. The above isn't quite right either. He's also telling asian american minorities who suffer under white supremacy to fuck off, too.

Hypron

OK now that's straight up trolling.

Can you only be racist if you're racist against all people that are different? If you only discriminate against one group of people you're not really racist or something? His logic is confusing me... Is this the new "I'm not racist because I once talked to a black person" shtick?

This is some pretty subpar bait.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Think this was the episode, but can't check atm

https://youtu.be/dg9QLf2fve0

Listened to most of it, but need to hear the rest.

Aisha is such a goddamn treasure. Intelligent, funny, has a rational, thoughtful opinion to every topic brought up. Just a bright girl.

Colin, while not quite as bad in this segment as seemingly painted to be(from the half or so I have listened where he did act out as a very gracious and complimentary co-host), still was prodding the panel with political talk at every opportunity. Within the first few minutes he literally dropped his "Republican-leaning viewpoint" into the mic when it wasn't really asked(of course he felt it necessary to mention). He pushed talking points designed to spin the conversation off into deep socio-economic and political thinkboxes, but dressed up in a manner that would be fun!

"If America was taken over by a harsh dictator, which country would you flee towards for new residency?"(Eerie how this seemed so improbable in 2014)

It worked too as Aisha of course was thinking about the subject of social welfare and healthcare for her family beyond the surface-level fluff like best food and do games exist there? This of course riled Colin and got the two going(Aisha smartly injected enough humor and wit into her responses to keep the panel laughing completely aware this could lead to a dark road the moment she brought up universal healthcare).

I'll also give Greg credit, I'm not a fan, but goddamn he knows how to reign in the beast. You can almost tell when Colin really wanted to cut the charade and just start espousing bullshit, but Greg always interjected with some dumb or cute jab to swing things back. I need to finish the rest of the episode to see where things go.

jviggy43

This is probably the most inappropriate thread to be putting a heart in a post for a guy who just finished spewing his *new* racist tirade on twitter. Says a lot about you too.

Alucrid

Banned

he respects your views. unless you're a vegan.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!

Respectfully, you're wrong and everything you said is wrong. Blocked.

-Colin Moriarty

Shaanyboi

Banned

Now this is comedy....

Jmille99

Can you only be racist if you're racist against all people that are different? If you only discriminate against one group of people you're not really racist or something? His logic is confusing me... Is this the new "I'm not racist because I once talked to a black person" shtick?

Its more like, "its not racist because Im clearly not racist despite spreading racist rhetoric. And since Im a coward and cant admit to being both sexist and racist, im gonna claim other people dont actually know what it means."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom